[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Garland is playing with better players than Pettersson.

He is playing with Lindholm and Joshua.

Pettersson is playing with 'hands of stone' Mikheyev and Rookie Karlsson.

Garland was producing before with Blueger and Joshua and until they were put together they weren't playing as well

Karlsson hasn't played 2 many games in the NHL

We all want EP to turn a fire hydrant into a 40 goal scorer by being dominant

We did an amazing turn around in 1 yr while up against the cap and more than any other team did, so hopefully our 2nd line can be adressed

Edited by Ballisticsports

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kane should be crushed but the Canucks let him run wild. Hronek was passive all game. 

Kane should've been out of the game, like Elliot said, " there's no such thing as a cross check to the face double, it's a major and game"  that's what he was saying Toch was most likely up set about early in the game. Kane had two hands on the stick when he cross checked Myers up high. Wasn't a high stick. Was a cross check. That was another big missed call. Just like Hoggy getting speared in the nuts then gets a penalty. More people on TV need to bring light on these. Not just tripping calls missed and shit, but game altering calls, major and gAmes being missed!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I’m one of the most determined people I know but I know that I’ve failed and made mistakes. I keep going always. 

Thats my point, but with his play and reactions he seems like hes given up, I just don't see any determination.

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What should we do? Ride him into the ground? Ultimately it's on him, he needs to get his shit together, the option is another disappointing decade if we hang our hat on him an he flops.

How many teams have traded one of their top players after signing them to a new contract after one bad playoffs? (playoffs that arent even over)

Also reffing was trash today as well. 

Kane gave DJ a gloved punch to the face after taking a cross checking penalty. 

I thought the league talked to the teams. Shouldn't that be an additional 2 minutes? 

I think that confused the canucks. DJ just stared at the ref like what are you doing? 

And then kane comes in with a high cross check to Myers face which was much worse than what Soucy did. There was no other intent but to hurt Myers. 

Lastly the hit to create a turnover on Hronek was another slew foot by Kane. 

The league does not care what happens to Kane. 

I think the league wants Zadorov to run him from behind and injure him so that they can throw the book at the canucks player, put the oilers in a 5 minute PP and let them move on to next round. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Kane should've been out of the game, like Elliot said, " there's no such thing as a cross check to the face double, it's a major and game"  that's what he was saying Toch was most likely up set about early in the game. Kane had two hands on the stick when he cross checked Myers up high. Wasn't a high stick. Was a cross check. That was another big missed call. Just like Hoggy getting speared in the nuts then gets a penalty. More people on TV need to bring light on these. Not just tripping calls missed and shit, but game altering calls, major and gAmes being missed!

IMG_1526.webp

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, The Aquaman said:

How did we not just fire lucks at Pickard, he’s a borderline backup.

This team loath taking low danger shots though against a meh goalie, shoting volume is more important than high danger. There is a reason why we make backups looks like Vezina candidates. What makes a backup or ahl goalie is their inconsistency in saving low danger shots.

• chaos 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Joe-Kerr said:

The talk about petey is honestly ridiculous. Yeah hes obviously not playing well but talking about trading him or signing him being a mistake is kinda embarrassing. Is this how we should act when our stars are struggling? Trade them and call them trash?? You guys realize hes insanely talented right? We get it, he needs to play wayy better but have a little respect for our players smh

He's one of the highest paid players who has been struggling for far to long. He signed his new contract on March 2nd and we all thought he would begin to produce. BECAUSE,  he was struggling even before that...

When you cry behind closed doors for a raise and get it, but continue to not produce. Well, you look foolish. I mean, the brass looks foolish. 

And how about your team mates who are stepping up because you aren't.  And get paid less. Do you the think comradery is still there? 

We are in a position to make history in Vancouver. This shouldn't be about petey, but his play or lack thereof is making it that way. 

Joey Swoll says "Do better"

Edited by DarthMelvin
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Thats my point, but with his play and reactions he seems like hes given up, I just don't see any determination.

I haven’t noticed that myself but maybe that’s true. Maybe he has to a certain degree. Maybe it’s mental. Maybe he’s going through some depression or anxiety. Tough to say. Just gotta believe he’ll pull through 

Just now, Joe-Kerr said:

How many teams have traded one of their top players after signing them to a new contract after one bad playoffs? (playoffs that arent even over)

Im not saying trade him....yet, just frustrated by how disappointing he's been especially when we have a chance at the Cup. I'd love nothing better to see him turn things around but I'll be pretty unhappy if hes a big part of the reason we come up short.

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder why he's playing like that. 

He's got the skill to beat the opposition and he used to play with heart. 

He’s human that’s all I know. Maybe it’s something he’s not talked about. He might be going through something mentally 

5 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Think positively that his play will improve or…the Debbie-downer effect will prevail. 

I have been throwing positive vibes at petey since got his new contract.

Trust me, how I feel will in no way affect how either Cole or Petey play. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

This team loath taking low danger shots though against a meh goalie, shoting volume is more important than high danger. There is a reason why we make backups looks like Vezina candidates. What makes a backup or ahl goalie is their inconsistency in saving low danger shots.

I agree Our opponents score shooting low danger shots, Boeser scored shooting away from the net and what I wanted since Nashville, shot off the backboards but at least shoot, goals,deflections,bounces rebounds so much more opportunities in any kind of shot

17 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Garland is playing with better players than Pettersson.

He is playing with Lindholm and Joshua.

Pettersson is playing with 'hands of stone' Mikheyev and Rookie Karlsson.

Petey already played with Lindholm and Joshua, and Garland, and Mik, and Podz and Karlsson, and Hogz, and Boeser... and he still didn't produce....

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I haven’t noticed that myself but maybe that’s true. Maybe he has to a certain degree. Maybe it’s mental. Maybe he’s going through some depression or anxiety. Tough to say. Just gotta believe he’ll pull through 

When he scored last game I was hoping he would, this game he did have spurt of looking decent but no where near enough. He can and should be our game breaker, I want old Petey back.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

When he scored last game I was hoping he would, this game he did have spurt of looking decent but no where near enough. He can and should be our game breaker, I want old Petey back.

Me too man. Keep believing that’s all I do 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Petey already played with Lindholm and Joshua, and Garland, and Mik, and Podz and Karlsson, and Hogz, and Boeser... and he still didn't produce....

Like once or twice? I don’t remember that much of that. He’s practically been glued to Mik

Canucks have been making life way too easy on Draisaitl.

I can understand being timid after the league made it abundantly clear the Oilers stars are on a different standard than the rest of the league, but the guy is injured & were giving him all the time in the world along the walls without so much as a poke to go up against