[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

He’s human that’s all I know. Maybe it’s something he’s not talked about. He might be going through something mentally 

I heard rumblings of a hernia, that could be a tough injury that doesnt go away. Also if it's some life issues, they need to be dealt with. If either are true than they should be taken care of immediately, that's not something you can play through.

Posted (edited)

Peteys contract is going to make the Louie erikson deal look like a library fine.  This is the greatest talent collapse I've seen since Jonathan Huberdeau.  The man looks like a kid being dragged to the dentist.  Zero joy or passion.  What the actual f@ck is happening here?  Sit the poor guy to heal his lost soul.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I heard rumblings of a hernia, that could be a tough injury that doesnt go away. Also if it's some life issues, they need to be dealt with. If either are true than they should be taken care of immediately, that's not something you can play through.

Ideally but we still live in a world where men are supposed to “Tough it out”. Some of us males are just programmed to bury it and suck it up but it comes back with all sorts of issues 

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

He’s human that’s all I know. Maybe it’s something he’s not talked about. He might be going through something mentally 

But, he is an Alien, we even have the emoji here

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We will know if it is an injury like a hernia soon after the playoffs but if it is him going through something in his life then it needs to be addressed asap if possible. We see how much that can affect a player with Boeser. The guy was a literal ghost while he was dealing with his father's health/loss but look at him now unburdened and made peace with all of that. Brockstar is arguably our best player right now.

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

Peteys contract is going to make the Louie erikson deal look like a library fine.  This is the greatest talent collapse I've seen since Jonathan Huberdeau.  The man looks like a kid being dragged to the dentist.  Zero joy or passion.  What the actual f@ck is happening here?  Sit the poor guy to heal his lost soul.

Remember when people were saying it was a discount? Drance called it a "stunningly team friendly" deal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Whatever is going on, it ain't gonna be solved this playoffs. We will see how he does next season. If he still isn't back to old Petey, we have a major issue on our hands.

This wouldn't be the first time a superstar just dropped off the map and came back with a vengeance the next season (looking at MacKinnon).

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder why he's playing like that. 

He's got the skill to beat the opposition and he used to play with heart. 

After thinking about it, my guess is this ...

He was used to being dominant, the star of his teams, the young phenom, the elite scorer, the guy everyone looks to ... on a young up and coming team where he was dubbed the future.

All of a sudden, Miller elevates his game, Hughes breaks out, Boeser emerges into his potential, Garland raises his game, Joshua emerges, we also have Hronek, Zad, Lindholm, etc ...

Suddenly Petey isn't the top star and the only guy we rely on. Suddenly the entire team is getting it done and overshadowing him. He may be feeling insecure and vulnerable. This may be the first time he's ever experienced it at the top level. 

If so, he will come out of it. He just needs to continue to work through it. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:
Petey has been brutal this playoffs but also… 

@Petey4Hart
Follow

I present to you Elias Pettersson’s playoff wingers

9:19 PM · May 14, 2024

Read 61 replies

Yup, hard to be a star if you're trying to carry your entire line. Petey's injury is probably a sore back from carrying those 4 guys. 

11.6 million? Carrying a whole line is in the job description

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Like once or twice? I don’t remember that much of that. He’s practically been glued to Mik

That's going back to the all star break. When he started this bad run. 

Tocc has tried many different combos and since none of them worked he kept moving on. 

Really it's not like petey is flying out there and standing out making his linemates look bad. He is blending right in with Mik. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

He was used to being dominant, the star of his teams, the young phenom, the elite scorer, the guy everyone looks to ... on a young up and coming team where he was dubbed the future.

All of a sudden, Miller elevates his game, Hughes breaks out, Boeser emerges unto his potential, Garland raises his game, Joshua emerges, we also have Hronek, Zad, Lindholm, etc ...

Suddenly Petey isn't the top star and the only guy we rely on. Suddenly the entire team is getting it done and overshadowing him. He may be feeling insecure and vulnerable. This may be the first time he's ever experienced it at the top level. 

I like your theory. I agree it is all in his head and he is desperately need to see a sport psychiatrist if not already.

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Kane should've been out of the game, like Elliot said, " there's no such thing as a cross check to the face double, it's a major and game"  that's what he was saying Toch was most likely up set about early in the game. Kane had two hands on the stick when he cross checked Myers up high. Wasn't a high stick. Was a cross check. That was another big missed call. Just like Hoggy getting speared in the nuts then gets a penalty. More people on TV need to bring light on these. Not just tripping calls missed and shit, but game altering calls, major and gAmes being missed!

The NHL’s most senior officials, whom this league claims are the best of the best…are proving that they are more like the worst,…again.

It’s totally a league machination & play-off manipulation. They know the oldest are in fact, the slowest, less likely to see or call penalties & this produces more old-school drama for them to misinterpret. Plus - they definitely have had far more time to grow their big egos, leave humility behind & develop more biases or grudges than their younger counter-parts…biases ready to exploit when seeding them into certain series in the play-offs. 

I’m quite convinced that the NHL’s  power-brokers & Bettman want McDavid to hoist the Cup, as soon as possible - after all of the notoriety they’ve given him as the “best hockey player in the world” & the vast amount of recognition in awards that he’s received for his trophy case. The Canucks will definitely be paddling up-stream as far as these duely appointed officiating crews go…& any more DPS judgements to follow, too. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

We will know if it is an injury like a hernia soon after the playoffs but if it is him going through something in his life than it needs to be addressed asap if possible. We see how much that can affect a player with Boeser. The guy was a literal ghost while is is dealing with his father's health and loss but look at him now unburdened or made peace with all of that. Brockstar is arguably our best player right now.

If hes playing through something I can accept that, if he's checked out he needs to go, I guess, as a huge fan, not knowing is tough especially where we are now in the post season. I'd love nothing better to see every player succeed and to win the Cup but, being a fan since day one, there's been a lot of disappointment.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Tocc has tried many different combos and since none of them worked he kept moving on. 

Really it's not like petey is flying out there and standing out making his linemates look bad. He is blending right in with Mik. 

Arguably Mik is making Petey look worse and contributing to his lack of confidence as the few chances Petey manage to create for Mik, it does not go in or the play die on his stick.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Gotcha

Still Mikheyev is pretty whack for a linemate lol

Anyways I’m tired of talking about Petey. We all just want him to be the player he can be at the end off the day

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

All of a sudden, Miller elevates his game, Hughes breaks out, Boeser emerges into his potential, Garland raises his game, Joshua emerges, we also have Hronek, Zad, Lindholm, etc ...

This is a very good point and makes a lot of sense 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Gotcha

Still Mikheyev is pretty whack for a linemate lol

Anyways I’m tired of talking about Petey. We all just want him to be the player he can be at the end off the day

I guess we can all agree that something is up with him but we'd love to see old Petey back again ASAP.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder why he's playing like that. 

He's got the skill to beat the opposition and he used to play with heart. 

He has his $12M contract now -     He's ALL SET!   Nothing more to do..................but cruise until contract year in 8 years.

monkey-with-money-happy-withmoney.gif

Posted (edited)

Exactly my reactions upon seeing the notification of the Joshua goal and immediately after the notification of the Bouchard goal...

IMG_8015.jpeg

Edited by Pears

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

It sucks Zadorov, will be an UFA this summer.

This has to be a major priority to resign him, maybe over pay him….1.5 extra? 

6-7 million for 6?

As much as I like Big Z I ain't paying him 6 mil.

If he wants term I am willing to give term but anything above 6 is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, 24K said:

We will know if it is an injury like a hernia soon after the playoffs but if it is him going through something in his life then it needs to be addressed asap if possible. We see how much that can affect a player with Boeser. The guy was a literal ghost while he was dealing with his father's health/loss but look at him now unburdened and made peace with all of that. Brockstar is arguably our best player right now.

I'd be surprised Tocchet would say what he said about Pettersson today if Pettersson was injured or going through something.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1