[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

I'd be surprised Tocchet would say what he said about Pettersson today if Pettersson was injured or going through something.

Hmmmm, that is a good point, you'd think they'd know whats up, I just don't know what to think anymore.

Just now, Devron said:

This is a very good point and makes a lot of sense 

Especially when you factor in the young, human component too. This is likely brand new to him. It's only a natural response if he's never experienced this type of elevation and overshadowing on his own team.

• Upvote 1

I'd be surprised Tocchet would say what he said about Pettersson today if Pettersson was injured or going through something.

Yeah that is why I don't think it is an injury of significance. If it is something going on in his life then who knows. He might not have told anyone on the team about it. It is no one else's business if he was in a toxic relationship or something like that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Yeah that is why I don't think it is an injury of significance. If it is something going on in his life then who knows. He might not have told anyone on the team about it. It is no one else's business if he was in a toxic relationship or something like that.

I don't think he's dating Brad Marchand.

Sorry, couldn't resist, go Petey.

14 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I have been throwing positive vibes at petey since got his new contract.

Trust me, how I feel will in no way affect how either Cole or Petey play. 

Trust me! 

It’s definitely a collective mind-meld of energy thing! Don’t be one of those whiny pouty-doubty naysayers! That’s Trumpian-world kind of fodder.

Believe in them & they will feel it…& rise up! Do they make their own luck or in part receive it! Like when Canada lead the world in Olympic gold medals in Vancouver 2010, as our  nation  collectively believed! If too many of us crab at them & falter in our belief & loyalty…the likelihood that they lose increases….& vice versa. These guys are like family to us. Don’t lose faith that their best efforts will emerge!  

And, why risk it….if I’m right? Believe!

• Like 1

Petey been slacking off even before hes signed his contract, toc even said so, shocking to sign a player slacking off in practice to that contract.

i get the feeling toc aint a Pete fan and i cant blame em

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

After thinking about it, my guess is this ...

He was used to being dominant, the star of his teams, the young phenom, the elite scorer, the guy everyone looks to ... on a young up and coming team where he was dubbed the future.

All of a sudden, Miller elevates his game, Hughes breaks out, Boeser emerges into his potential, Garland raises his game, Joshua emerges, we also have Hronek, Zad, Lindholm, etc ...

Suddenly Petey isn't the top star and the only guy we rely on. Suddenly the entire team is getting it done and overshadowing him. He may be feeling insecure and vulnerable. This may be the first time he's ever experienced it at the top level. 

If so, he will come out of it. He just needs to continue to work through it. 

He is on a winning team, everyone plays well on one, would he be happier and better in Utah then?

I just see him looking dejected after not scoring and giving up and it started more frequently after a regular season o.t. game where he was cross checked into the net and instead of getting up and being pissed and wanting to score to make them pay he stayed on his knees (like the longer he did that, that the ref would call a penalty) then the other team went down and scored on us

A younger EP when he messed up, would hurry back to get the puck and show up the other team, lately he stops and looks up or down, instead of hustling angry to show he can get that goal Most players raise their game (playing for next year ) and the playoffs, it gets harder not easier as everyone raises their compete level, and we all would like to see that determination from him (RT is hopeful it will come and so am I, which suggests it isn't a injury as he said before the draught)

Edited by Ballisticsports

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Peteys contract is going to make the Louie erikson deal look like a library fine.  This is the greatest talent collapse I've seen since Jonathan Huberdeau.  The man looks like a kid being dragged to the dentist.  Zero joy or passion.  What the actual f@ck is happening here?  Sit the poor guy to heal his lost soul.

You can see Tock-it is reaching the end of his ropes with him.    If he dumped Kuz away for being even less of a drag on the team, i can't imagine what's going thru Tock-its head now.    I bet JR and PA and starting to think how to unload him before his new contract and NTC kicks in.  I'd definately be dangling the fishing line out there now - if I was them!  They might be able to get a big haul for him to some desperate or unsuspecting soul out there. 

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Conscience said:

Petey been slacking off even before hes signed his contract, toc even said so, shocking to sign a player slacking off in practice to that contract.

^whiny pouty & doubty describes this post. Would you think about your kid this way while he’s in the pursuit of his goals & happiness?

As of now EP40 is in our Canucks’ Nation’s family & while these  play-offs series are on-going for them, I choose to send positivity his way, instead!

^Couldn’t hurt…& I bet it helps. Didn’t he say his family would be here & attending some games. Be like them! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

22 minutes ago, 24K said:

Whatever is going on, it ain't gonna be solved this playoffs. We will see how he does next season. If he still isn't back to old Petey, we have a major issue on our hands.

This wouldn't be the first time a superstar just dropped off the map and came back with a vengeance the next season (looking at MacKinnon).

MacKinnon had the skill set that made it almost inevitable that he would be really good. I don't see that skill set in Pettersson. Don't get me wrong - he's obviously very talented, but I don't think his reaching an elite level is inevitable like it was for MacKinnon.

MacKinnon had the skill set that made it almost inevitable that he would be really good. I don't see that skill set in Pettersson. Don't get me wrong - he's obviously very talented, but I don't think his reaching an elite level is inevitable like it was for MacKinnon.

No Petey definitely have the skill set to reach elite level. The only issue is Petey's game is heavily depended on his brain rather than pure athleticism like MacKinnon so I guess in that way MacKinnon is probably more inevitable. Cause Petey's game is so dependent on how he think the game, whatever is going on mentally with him will translate more to his performance than if it is relying on more natural attributes.

Petey will be elite if he can just get back to the right mental state. 

Just realized that was the first regulation loss to oils all year.  6-1-1. 

Guys need to regroup and up their game to another level next game. 

One game at a time. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Mac is also known for his insane work ethic and commitment to winning, something we dont see with pete

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Conscience said:

I think Tock-it knows that if he benches Petty (which should have happened two months ago) that he'll piss PA Alvin Off and might not have a job next year because we all know PA is completely biased towards his fellow countrymen which are his first choice in all drafting and trades.  Not sure why but  we canucks fans have lived thru 50+ years of disappointment when relying on Swedes to lead the way and know better.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 24K said:

As much as I like Big Z I ain't paying him 6 mil.

If he wants term I am willing to give term but anything above 6 is ridiculous.

Hmm, he’s doing well in the Playoffs when it matters. 

He’s mean, skates well, passes well, puts fear into his opponents, and oh has 4 goals in these playoffs so far.

Edited by The Aquaman

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

One game at a time. 

I barely count this as regulation loss as it is essentially an overtime loss but save us 20 min of intermission.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

One game at a time. 

We were due for a road loss anyway. I'm still confident we're winning this series especially with how much they're riding McWhiner and Crisaitl. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

One game at a time. 

Just like Tocc said in the post-game ... we need 4+5 guys to get going. It's the playoffs. 

That happens, we're good.

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

Hmm, he’s doing well in the Playoffs when it matters. 

He’s mean, skates well, passes well, puts fear into his opponents, and oh has 4 goals in these playoffs so far.

You don't pay your #4 d man $6 million. He is having a great playoffs but regular season also matters. So unless you think he can play along side Hughes it would be a major over payment.

26 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Yeah I found that signing really bizarre at the time from a management group that has otherwise been pretty good evaluators. The media praising it as a discount and team-friendly deal was not just bizarre, it was flat out stupid.

Bik said there was an argument that Pettersson could be worth 13m AAV; Drance said 5y at 13m AAV would be a great deal.

39 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He has his $12M contract now -     He's ALL SET!   Nothing more to do..................but cruise until contract year in 8 years.

monkey-with-money-happy-withmoney.gif

That's not Petey. 

He's his own toughest critic and one of the hardest workers on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 24K said:

No Petey definitely have the skill set to reach elite level. The only issue is Petey's game is heavily depended on his brain rather than pure athleticism like MacKinnon so I guess in that way MacKinnon is probably more inevitable. Cause Petey's game is so dependent on how he think the game, whatever is going on mentally with him will translate more to his performance than if it is relying on more natural attributes.

Petey will be elite if he can just get back to the right mental state. 

In any case, I think we can safely now dispense for good the "but MacKinnon" and "but McDavid" defenses of Pettersson's struggles. If it wasn't clear to people before, it should be clear now that he's not the same class of player.

I think that’s all she wrote. Oilers in 7. That was our chance to put them on the ropes and we didn’t show the killer instinct we needed to. Where is Petterson? 1 goal in the playoffs is simply not good enough. Unless he gets going RIGHT FUCKING NOW then we’re done. The only way to beat the biased reffing is to outscore it, and we’re not going to do that with Petterson doing shit all. If he’s playing hurt then that’s one thing, but if that’s the case then he should have been rested the last few games of the season. He’s clearly been off for a while now. LET’S GO!!

• Cheers 1