[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Hughes needs a partner like a Seabrook.  A bigger, stay at  home D, but one with great hockey smarts.

Gee...that sounds a lot like Tanev. One can only imagine if Benning hadn't left Chris to dangle in the wind to pursue his golden saviour OEL, and kept him in the fold, how much more solid that pairing would be today after so many more games together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The way he was fired up for the 8 other playoff games and has 1 assist to show for it?

Agreed he wasn't at his best with pettey but that second line seems cursed. He's sat for two games and that plus putting him back on the 4th as a prove it with an underrated passer like blueger might work. 

10 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Been reading most of the comments on here, and feel a lot of great fans seems to forget, what their predictions prior to this round was at the start of the round... 

I had Canucks in 6 or 7, and seem to recall the majority said similar...

Canucks are learning the ropes, and maybe Tocchet as a coach too, and this was never going to be a cake walk... 

The series is 2-2  and we are well in it...  just keep the trend going w-l-w-l-w-l-w and we are through... 

The boys can do much better, and I'm sure they'll be well up for it Thursday.... pay back day...

Not sure how Kane doesn't get a call for a cross check to the face of Myers that draws blood...but guess it is, what it is...

Hanging out certain players doesn't work... A few years back it was JT that was being hounded, then it was Brock and now its Petey... Let them find their feet and be happy that we actually looks like a proper team again... 

From the start of the season to now.... amazing improvement... hopefully it continues...

yea and if they brought their A level game they’d have swept the oilers, that’s the shocker is despite how poorly they have played most of this series they are tied 2-2 and yes we would have been thrilled at the beginning of the season, but they increased the expectations by how well they played this season. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That's the thing, 1 look for Lek & it could be in the back of the net with his shot.

But to have never played a game then come right into the playoffs, for a 19 year old kid who's not overly strong & hasn't played the structure all year like other Abby guys...

I'm curious to see it but Tocchet would really be going out on a limb. 

plenty of players have done it, skilled players like him are different breed, he’s a scorer and petey needs one on his wing, right now with plugs the oilers just have to defend petey cause his line mates are useless and they know it, that’s how they’ve eliminated him this series

Edited by Pycnotic
Autocorrect

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Pears said:

👀

IMG_8020.jpeg

Tocchet really has no choice if he thinks Petey needs a offensive minded pure goal scoring winger. There is no one in the Abby Canucks that fits that description. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

Just now, kilgore said:

Hughes needs a partner like a Seabrook.  A bigger, stay at  home D, but one with great hockey smarts.

Gee...that sounds a lot like Tanev. One can only imagine if Benning hadn't left Chris to dangle in the wind to pursue his golden saviour OEL, and kept him in the fold, how much more solid that pairing would be today after so many more games together.

Tanev or Noah Dobson?

• Upvote 1

Just now, HKSR said:

What's the scenarios that could happen?

1.  He doesn't do anything really... just another warm body.  Doesn't do anything good.  Doesn't do anything bad.

2.  He goofs and gives up a play that costs a goal against.  Not like that hasn't happened before.

3.  He comes in and pulls a Wyatt Johnston for a couple games.

I like the possibility of #3.  #1 feels like a Lafferty.  Replacing Lafferty with Lekkerimaki would be fine with me.

They can shelter him a bit with last change too...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

What's the scenarios that could happen?

1.  He doesn't do anything really... just another warm body.  Doesn't do anything good.  Doesn't do anything bad.

2.  He goofs and gives up a play that costs a goal against.  Not like that hasn't happened before.

3.  He comes in and pulls a Wyatt Johnston for a couple games.

I like the possibility of #3.  #1 feels like a Lafferty.  Replacing Lafferty with Lekkerimaki would be fine with me.

Lekkerimaki has such a high offensive upside and he showed he was a gamer in Sweden. Risky, but does make a ton of sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolexSub said:

Anyone caught the potential high stick last minute of the 3rd period when we shot the puck out and Draisatle knocked it down which appears to look like a high stick near the blue line and 8seconds later the Oilers scores the game winner? Not sure why we didn't challenge that. Looks like the Ref missed it!! 

Apparently inside one minute left in a period, challenges can only come from officials

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Then he should do some coach stuff, imo.  He's had two highly skilled players now suffer a major drop in production under his watch.........one he drove out of town.

He has to stop trying to change players like Petey and Kuz and learn how to use the tools those kinds of players have to make the team better.  If we're seeing one thing in this series, it's that letting highly skilled players play to their strengths is a smart way to do things.

I love sound defensive hockey and appreciate grinding out a win, but the modern NHL is made for the highly skilled. 

What things do you think Tocchet isn’t letting Petey do?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, YourHuckleberry said:

What things do you think Tocchet isn’t letting Petey do?

Petey was involved defensively even when Green was coaching.

EVEN UNDER GREEN!

He's never shied away from defensive play.

I don't think Tocc told him to stop scoring.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Game 5 is coming up and hrs not even practicing with the team or even taking NHL shots of any kind.

This is Arty's party to the end, imo

Yip. And so it should be, Silvos has done pretty much all a goalie can do. Gotta admit, you grate me at times Stawns, lol. You bring up some good points today though, food for thought for sure. 

• Like 1