[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

11 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

IMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.d4c72925d950c95aeff219dc513dafba.jpeg

Shah nails it, is Lekkerimaki worse than any of those other players? 

Mik is strong on the PK, but then again, we pretty much get scored on anyways, so it's not making THAT big of a difference.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pears said:

👀

IMG_8020.jpeg

Exactly how we need our coach to be ... "not scared."

It's a big gamble to put in Lekk in such a fast and physically punishing series. 

I'll be surprised if he does put him in. But hey, sink or swim., no fear!

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Yip. And so it should be, Silvos has done pretty much all a goalie can do. Gotta admit, you grate me at times Stawns, lol. You bring up some good points today though, food for thought for sure. 

Haha, yeah, I gave him (stawns) some credit this morning.  He has made some good points.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the finished version but, Yikes

I'm no doctor, but Petey looks depressed. Just mumbling, short answers. I also don't get the feeling that he's about to break out and shine like a star next game. He looks lost.

I hope they can bring in Lek and maybe he and Petey get something going, get some points on the board. He needs to raise his confidence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Putting in Lekk would be another indicator of the big brass pair that Tocchet has.

I’m not against it. Much prefer that to putting Bains in, lol.

If he’s going to put the rookie in, putting him in at home make sense so he can try to shelter him, if needed. Might make more sense to try him in game 5 rather than game 7, if the series goes that far.

He could probably help the power play at the very least. I have not watched him play enough to know if his board play is strong enough for a regular shift though. 

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

Game 5 is coming up and hrs not even practicing with the team or even taking NHL shots of any kind.

This is Arty's party to the end, imo

Yes, he has filled in for the all star goalie, like an all star. 

The Oilers have 3 things going for them.  McD, Drais and 5 strait seasons of playoff experience. The rest

of their team; not so good.  Not much for a team that was gifted (5) 1OAs and countless other top 10 picks.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mik is strong on the PK, but then again, we pretty much get scored on anyways, so it's not making THAT big of a difference.

it’s really an easy solution load up the 4th line with pk’ers like mik, Blueger & whoever else, then put Hoggy or pods (really shake shit up) with Petey and Lekkerimaki and use home ice to get the matchups

3 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I’m assuming to hearing for Kane doing the same thing soucey did? 

What I heard/learned was that it's not reviewable because it wasn't a match penalty.  If it had been it could be.

That may not be good information but that's what I've been told (here/earlier).

And it wasn't a high sticking penalty, as they assessed. It was definitely a cross check so not sure why they decided to switch it up. 

Posted (edited)

Coilers came out with a purpose, They looked like the faster team..We looked slow and uninterested. The good thing is that this was still a very winnable game and they barely beat us at our worst, Not sure we waited til' the 3rd to wake up..I expect a meaner game tomorrow.

Edited by Canuck You

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I'm no doctor, but Petey looks depressed. Just mumbling, short answers. I also don't get the feeling that he's about to break out and shine like a star next game. He looks lost.

I hope they can bring in Lek and maybe he and Petey get something going, get some points on the board. He needs to raise his confidence.

He looks like he's being held hostage!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Has Lek been traveling with the team? I would assume he has been in NA for nearly a week now (Assigned to Abbotsford on the 8th).

they’ve been staying in van and practising with the other black aces since Abby got eliminated 

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

He looks like he's being held hostage!

We all know he hates these things.

And now that he's off, I'm sure it's particularly difficult for him.

• Huggy Bear 1

It was intense playoff hockey. The way it should be.

Oilers were ridiculously desperate in their building. We didn't give up and kept fighting.

We almost got them. It didn't go our way. On to the next.

Simple. No essay required.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Pears said:

👀

IMG_8020.jpeg

So next game?:

Boeser Miller Suter
Garland  Blueger Joshua
Podz, Lindholm  Hogs
Bains  Raty  Karlsson

Lek

Hughes  McWard

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen

Wolanin

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

So next game?:

Boeser Miller Suter
Garland  Blueger Joshua
Podz, Lindholm  Hogs
Bains  Raty  Karlsson

Lek

Hughes  McWard

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen

Wolanin

Benching Petey?

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the finished version but, Yikes

That was a tough watch, really feels like he is mentally boomed. I said last game, he doesn't really need a goal. He'll get some of those just by virtue of playing the powerplay, when it decides to not shit itself, he needs dominant shifts. He needs to go out there and just feel like he is one of the best players. Cause the talent is obviously there. It's why people reach so hard to defend him. But it almost feels like he needs to prove it to himself just by having some strong shifts. He hasn't been dominant at all this year. He picks up points but it never feels like he's just overwhelming opponents. Get Lekkerimaki out there. Worst case scenario is he does what Mik and Hogs/Laffy are doing. Which is nothing. At best we may find some Swede magic and it may inject life into our most talented forward.

• Upvote 1