[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Kane must have something on the officiating and DOPS to get away with the cross check to Myers. 

How he escaped any punishment for such a blatant violation is more proof of how poorly this league is run. They must have a soft spot for gambling addicts with numerous assault charges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Oilers are a bunch of dirty rotten a-holes who play dirty. Pettersson seems very sensitive and maybe that's a Swedish thing, or just the way he is. I can't imagine the slurs and trash talking that goes on at ice level, in scrums after whistles, the taunting the mind-f**king, etc., not to mention the dirty physical stuff.

Maybe Petey was ill during the Nashville series, but he looks out of his element in this series. Lafferty has been invisible during the playoffs, I thought he would be one of our most physical players, along the lines of Torres. Petey could be feeling stranded on an island with Laff and Mik, and targeted every shift with no team mate support.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

II directly copied from the Canuck's video page using the copy link icon. https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/playoffs-rick-tocchet-6352971759112 

People should watch this interview. I don't know why they posted a shortened one on Twitter.

The last 5 minutes of the full length interview was a great listen. Someone asked Tocchet about why he's being such a hardass and he simply replied with how the Canucks were tired of losing, so he's driving it into player's heads that this is what it takes to win, so seize the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The Oilers are a bunch of dirty rotten a-holes who play dirty. Pettersson seems very sensitive and maybe that's a Swedish thing, or just the way he is. I can't imagine the slurs and trash talking that goes on at ice level, in scrums after whistles, the taunting the mind-f**king, etc., not to mention the dirty physical stuff.

Maybe Petey was ill during the Nashville series, but he looks out of his element in this series. Lafferty has been invisible during the playoffs, I thought he would be one of our most physical players, along the lines of Torres. Petey could be feeling stranded on an island with Laff and Mik, and targeted every shift with no team mate support.

Especially from thugs like Kane....I'm sure he's as trashy in conversation as he is on the ice.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kane must have something on the officiating and DOPS to get away with the cross check to Myers. 

How he escaped any punishment for such a blatant violation is more proof of how poorly this league is run. They must have a soft spot for gambling addicts with numerous assault charges. 

Pretty much the reason why this team is playing so passively. They k know the Oilers can get away with everything and if they even dare to touch an Oiler, the league is gonna bring out the ban hammer.

They want thier golden child in the finals. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KFAN said:

Okay, I know Petey doesn't like the media, so doing an interview is hard for him, but Jesus, show a little life. It's part of the job that pays you huge money. He seems either depressed, bored, on drugs, or just doesn't give a shit. I'd love to see the old Petey back, on and off the ice. I think he needs counseling, or a kick in the ass.

It's just his personality I think.

Not everyone shows their cards...which may be part of the problem as he likely keeps it all inside. I think he needs a sports psychologist at this point...help him work through what could be very unfamiliar territory. His struggle is real.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I feel for Petey....clearly, he doesn't have the answers and is trying to do his best.

I have mixed feelings. I feel for him because he's still a kid and under way more pressure than I could have handled at 25, but when you're put in that situation and demand the big bucks, you better grow up fast, physically, mentally and emotionally. As much as I'd like the rewards, I wouldn't want to be in that situation at that age. I think he needs counseling. 

• Cheers 1

Tough times for EP. He isn't playing out of this funk with his current linemates, just not happening. I know he gets paid, blah, blah. His talent didn't just disappear but his confidence definitely has. While I blame EP for a lot of this IE, he didn't get any stronger during the offseason, playing with a black hole of offence in Mik has done a number for sure. At the very least I would like to see EP reunited with Lindolm. It was tried earlier but Lindolm was struggling at that time. Right, wrong, shamefull? Whatever. EP isn't coming out of this with Mik as a linemate. Not happening 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's just his personality I think.

Not everyone shows their cards...which may be part of the problem as he likely keeps it all inside. I think he needs a sports psychologist at this point...help him work through what could be very unfamiliar territory. His struggle is real.

Ya, seems he has hit rock bottom. Very unfortunate all-round. That four minute powerplay was the final straw for Tochett it seems. I'd put EP in front of the net or high slot. Less pressure than playing on the boards. 

Edited by Rekker

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Pretty much the reason why this team is playing so passively. They k know the Oilers can get away with everything and if they even dare to touch an Oiler, the league is gonna bring out the ban hammer.

They want thier golden child in the finals. 

It certainly looks that way. Zadorov was right about them protecting their investment. Such a fucking horribly run league. If it wasn’t for the Canucks, I wouldn’t watch it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Petey said he wants to play on a winning team, and play in the playoffs.

Well, here they are in Round 2 taking on the top contenders, and he looks sad AF. 

Maybe he should talk to Brock's psychologist. Worked wonders for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KFAN said:

I have mixed feelings. I feel for him because he's still a kid and under way more pressure than I could have handled at 25, but when you're put in that situation and demand the big bucks, you better grow up fast, physically, mentally and emotionally. As much as I'd like the rewards, I wouldn't want to be in that situation at that age. I think he needs counseling. 

Hughes certainly has. Same with Boeser. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hughes certainly has. Same with Boeser. 

Ya. Boeser worked through it but had one of the best players in the NHL on his line. Maybe I'm wrong, but EP has played his best hockey with JT as a linemate.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

To me it sounds like he wants the team-mates that he picks. 😇

I wouldn’t blame him. He's playing with Mik. He's terrible, offence goes to him to die.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Petey said he wants to play on a winning team, and play in the playoffs.

Well, here they are in Round 2 taking on the top contenders, and he looks sad AF. 

Maybe he should talk to Brock's psychologist. Worked wonders for him.

He looks sad as fuck for 5 minutes in an interview with a bunch of parasites asking him questions. Do you know if he is sad the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I wouldn’t blame him. He's playing with Mik. He's terrible, offence goes to him to die.

Pretty much. We would be having a different conversation if Mik buried his chances with Petey getting the primary setup assist. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He looks sad as fuck for 5 minutes in an interview with a bunch of parasites asking him questions. Do you know if he is sad the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day?

Image result for gibb no, no i don't snl

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If anyone else had to play with Mikheyev and Lafferty they probably would need to call the suicide help line. 

It can't be understated. Talent needs talent to play with. We all wish EP could just carry a line right now and live up to his contract, but he isn't capable of it right now. I think he will be closer to that player one day. Chime in others please. What other high end All Star has had such crap linemates since the All Star break? I can't think of one. Other elte players have at the very least a star partner on their line