[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

I'd still like to know what disgusting thing perry did that even he mutually agreed to terminate his contract only to appeal after the heat died down. Now it looks like the league will once again reward the lowest morals. mcwhiner openly cheating on his wife. kane allegedly beating his wife and betting on NHL games.

Tocchet is risk averse, i'd be shocked if he let lekk come in due to the structure risk

For me:

suter-miller-boeser

mik-lind-pettersson

josh-bluegs-gar

hogs-laff-pdg/pod/karlsson

Try linds with petey (this time with playoff linds at center)

blueger can handle more mins (and reignite the offensive zone cycle that the line has missed)

pissed off hoggy getting space to shoot more at the 4th where he scored a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Pette warned us to wait until the end of the season to negotiate his contract but nooooooooooooooo! And now he's sad.

Theres some truth to that. Should have just left the guy alone and signed him in the offseason. The pressure became huge to sign before 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Tocchet is risk averse, i'd be shocked if he let lekk come in due to the structure risk

For me:

suter-miller-boeser

mik-lind-pettersson

josh-bluegs-gar

blueger can handle more mins (and reignite the offensive zone cycle that the line has missed)

I like it but Mikhehev needs to be banished to the 4th line. Not even JT can help that guy 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

For me:

suter-miller-boeser

mik-lind-pettersson

josh-bluegs-gar

Miks can pass, Lindholm can get in front of the net, and Petey can shoot / pass. They should try this at least for the beginning of the game and see how they do together.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Miks can pass, Lindholm can get in front of the net, and Petey can shoot / pass. They should try this at least for the beginning of the game and see how they do together.

I would put Karlsson or Hogs with EP and Lindholm. I was done with Mik a long time ago. No.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's just his personality I think.

Not everyone shows their cards...which may be part of the problem as he likely keeps it all inside. I think he needs a sports psychologist at this point...help him work through what could be very unfamiliar territory. His struggle is real.

As much as l agree , and l am willing to take a beating. Petey needs something we are not aware of.

Pulling him from the lineup could alleviate what ails him. Leaving him in hurts him and the team.

ATM , we can see that there is an issue as unclear. We can make our own assumptions, right or wrong.  Getting this to move forward is up to Petey and management. 

5 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Miks can pass, Lindholm can get in front of the net

Anyone remember that Seinfeld episode with the smell in the car they couldn't get rid of, it transferred to clothing and the apartment? It was an entity. That's Mik. I don't want his smell anywhere near the top six or Lindholm. 

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I would put Karlsson or Hogs with EP and Lindholm. I was done with Mik a long time ago. No.

I'd be tempted to put Karlsson on with EP and Linholm, but not sure based on his limited experience. I think Hogs could be like Garland and a digger and get pucks out of the corners to EP or Lindholm. Hoglander hasn't impressed so far this playoffs, so he'd have to know his role and stick to it.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Tocch has says he isn’t messing with top 2 lines (I presume Miller and Lindholm) and considering Hogz and Pods (and possibly Lekk).
I would just go Hogz-EP-Podz for 3rd Mik on 4th. 

Edited by DrJockitch

13 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

No he can’t even pass 

• Haha 2

I would like to see Lekkerimaki playing on Petey's wing. That could get Petey pumped up and who knows, maybe they'd find some instant chemistry. It would be a pretty bold move with some defensive risk, but it could also be a stroke of genius. Chance of it happening: 1% in my estimation.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Strawbone said:

I would like to see Lekkerimaki playing on Petey's wing. That could get Petey pumped up and who knows, maybe they'd find some instant chemistry. It would be a pretty bold move with some defensive risk, but it could also be a stroke of genius. Chance of it happening: 1% in my estimation.

In 2 years is my guess 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Mikheyev, Pettersson, Hronek, Cole for sure 

Hronek is eating minutes and not making Cole level errors. And has Lidstromed Mcdavid a couple times. But yes I know, Hronek isn't the flavor of the week around here. He's not doing anything sexy so let's trash him.

• Cheers 1

I had no idea that we had so many body language experts. Petey is just Swedish and disappointed in his play like we all are. When he gets mad he goes quiet he doesn’t yell.

There are many ways to live and feel in this world. If he came out angry, people here would probably accuse him of being disingenuous. If he was chipper and optimistic, people here would probably blow their lid and tell him to take it seriously.

All we can hope is for the results to start coming soon. 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Devron said:

In 2 years is my guess 

Why not in 1 day? I know, it's just a fantasy!

I would try Podz or Hogz on Petey's line though, both of those guys have showed flashes of brilliance at least and Petey's current linemates are showing nothing.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Devron said:

No he can’t even pass 

The consensus seems to be that Mik has to go on the 4th line. That being said, I was going more with what I thought fans think vs what Tocchet thinks. I don't think Tocchet will move Mik to the 4th line. I hope that today in practise they try EP / Lind with Karlsson/Podz or EP with Podzkolsin / Hoglander

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Like 1

Just now, Strawbone said:

Why not in 1 day? I know, it's just a fantasy!

I would try Podz or Hogz on Petey's line though, both of those guys have showed flashes of brilliance at least and Petey's current linemates are showing nothing.

I hear ya. It would be nice, get at least Podkolzin in there. He would be pumped and provide a boost imo 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hronek is eating minutes and not making Cole level errors. And has Lidstromed Mcdavid a couple times. But yes I know, Hronek isn't the flavor of the week around here. He's not doing anything sexy so let's trash him.

Hronek has been just ok, but was crap last night and deserves to be lumped into the names called out by Tochett for the game yesterday. 

17 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Kane will be Kane........and I think Zadorov played like he was told by the league that he was under watch.

Feels like Bettman got a call from Gretzky himself after Connor ate some lumber. 

• Upvote 1