[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Hughes has not looked like the Norris trophy candidate we are accustomed to. No goals and he isn’t even getting shots on goal. Pretty disappointing playoffs so far in terms of scoring. It would help if Petey stepped up. 

Open season on Hughes with super late hits. Like 1.5 seconds later than Rome on Horton. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I still believe that they can win too. If they want to. They were their own worst enemy tonight. They sucked

We are still waiting for them to play their A game. In all honesty they haven’t really had an A game the whole playoffs so far. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He made a couple of plays in the 3rd that could’ve been good scoring chances but he was playing with Aman and Blueger. Rick has to change the lines…

I remember seeing that but it’s even funnier reading it. Let’s get Petey going. Head out there with Aman and Blueger, hell put Mikheyev and Laff of defence, that’ll really get Petey going 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They came out WAY too casual/tentative. Edmonton was flying around like prancing fairies.

But...there's also pacing yourself. Oilers run out of gas and this team does stay composed and doesn't panic.

Kane is a dirty POS. Nurse too. I hope they get some busted parts out of this series...well deserved. Then Frankensharnais stands in their chopping and whacking to give them courage.

I think our team may have tried TOO hard not to take penalties. I prefer when we're smashing them at every opportunity.

Their pp can suck it.

giphy.gif

There is a fine line between playing hard and getting a penalty ... Canucks will figure it out. I would tend to agree they sat back just a bit too much. General Zeke wasn't his usual killer self but I suspect the snarl will be back next game. 

5 minutes ago, Combover said:

Closet coiler trolls will be posting stuff like Vancouver will lose in 6 now 

just like “game over” when oil scored its second 

Nucks need to quit playing like the oilers are better than them because there not they have no depth and crap goaltending 

we need forecheck  and pressure not the passive  crap .

bad plays by Cole and Juulsen that was the difference.

The minute we forecheck and pressure thier crap d fun around and look awful 

Did the Canucks win?

11 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

We almost pulled off the comeback again, but hard to win being outshot 2:1.

We need to get back to our systems and we can’t be taking penalties against this powerplay.

We had the momentum in the series and we let our foot off the gas. We need to come back strong in Game 5!

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

30 to 21 is not 2-1

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I dont know if it was passivity…EDM set up very aggressive in the O zone.  3 FWDs deep and D pinching.  Moved their feet.  Canucks couldnt break through that wall so to speak.   And when they did have possession alot of flubbed passes.  Probably their own worst enemy tonight.  Just gotta regroup and bounce back which theyve shown they can do.

Bingo. That has been our biggest issue throughout the season. There is a reason we struggle against the Kings. The Preds knew it and the Oilers knew it too with their scouting. We have been this bad at getting shots and generating preciously because of that inability.

When the neutral zone is clogged up, the players have no idea how to break pass that. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Disappointing keys to the game:

• Special teams continue to be the difference - Oilers scoring again on the PP while Canucks not even getting set up on a 4 minute PP.
  • Draisaitl wasn't covered on his PP goal. How many goals does he have to score to keep a man on him?
  • What happened to the Canuck's assertive play? Where was the energy they gave after the Garland goal?
  • Silovs played like a hero and in the end couldn't get the puck out to get him into OT

Side note: What's the difference in stats on us going up 3-1 vs being tied 2-2 based on where next 2-3 games are played?

And WTF is SportsNet 650 playing the Bouchard goal audio again like we need to be reminded?

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What an anti climax to the game.... 

But we are more than able to compete... Just not enough to do it at the end of the game...

Hopefully take the next at home...

Silovs played well again...

But there are a few players that need to take a long hard look at themselves, and its not the Miller or Lindholm line...

Give Petey some flipping linemates... instead of a black hole, who skates like the wind, but doesn't hit and barely defend....

I would rather Lekerimaki over Mik at this point on EP line.  At least someone who can shoot. It's worth a try

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

My concern is we're making history of the team with lowest shots on goal in playoffs. Other concern is where did Petey's production go

Yeah that's hugely concerning.  We're fooling ourselves if we feel we've been the better team the last 2 or 3 games.

• Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

I remember seeing that but it’s even funnier reading it. Let’s get Petey going. Head out there with Aman and Blueger, hell put Mikheyev and Laff of defence, that’ll really get Petey going 

I agree that Pettersson hasn’t been great but you’re not going to get him going with Aman, Karlsson, Blueger, Lafferty and Mikheyev. 

Refusing to change the lines during the game is hurting us right now, we are not getting much offensively during the full game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

There is 0 chance we don't throw Demko if healthy into an elimination game. Absolutely 0. 

I disagree, he's barely played since the all star break and arty has been light out.  There's almost no chance demko will be fully healthy by then and if he is, hes not even seeing NHL shots yet.  This is artys party

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

I mean he did say Jake Virtanen was a better player than Brock

We are a bubble team in reality 

Oilers would finish first in the division

Oilers would have swept if it wasnt for Silovs -if true  i can think of at least one player on the other side we can remove and it would be a sweep too..its not rocket science...

blah blah blah

Just ignore him 73

Literal troll. Has been for years. Can't take anything they say seriously at anytime.  

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, The Brock Star said:

I agree, but who do you switch him with? Suter-Miller-Boeser has been dynamite, as has Joshua-Lindholm-Garland. It’s tough to break either of those lines up for a chance of Petey getting going.

I agree with you.

I want to say put Mik on the 4th line get Lindholm on with Petey and move Blueger back to the Joshua Garland line but I realize it’s not that easy.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Did the Canucks win?

You must have missed this one. Didn’t play great, we tied it late though but the Coils scored with under a minute left

• Cheers 1