[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 4-Round 2

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I dont know if it was passivity…EDM set up very aggressive in the O zone.  3 FWDs deep and D pinching.  Moved their feet.  Canucks couldnt break through that wall so to speak.   And when they did have possession alot of flubbed passes.  Probably their own worst enemy tonight.  Just gotta regroup and bounce back which theyve shown they can do.

Thing is though, the Oilers WERE moving their feet and some good solid hits can slow things down. We know Draisaitl's been crying over his back (although he's a faker so not sure if it's for real). Hammer him. Often.

I do know that they try to take away the passes/seams, etc. but a physical game was working pretty well for them. Especially when you have Kane and Nurse running around like hotshots. A bit more brawn to start the game might've set a different tone.

But....they almost pulled it off so the Oilers can think about that. They let a 2 goal lead slide in the 3rd....not quite the powerhouse running over us.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I disagree, he's barely played since the all star break and arty has been light out.  There's almost no chance demko will be fully healthy by then and if he is, hes not even seeing NHL shots yet.  This is artys party

I agree. This will be Silovs series to win or lose. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Coryberg said:

Just saw the replay of the winner. That definitely looked like a high stick to knock down the puck. Canuck luck!

They had a better angle after the game. Clearly NOT a high stick 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, highandinside said:

I would rather Lekerimaki over Mik at this point on EP line.  At least someone who can shoot. It's worth a try

Do you know how far down the depth list Lek is?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

giphy.gif

There is a fine line between playing hard and getting a penalty ... Canucks will figure it out. I would tend to agree they sat back just a bit too much. General Zeke wasn't his usual killer self but I suspect the snarl will be back next game. 

I feel the fine and suspension had something to do with it. But certainly not the reason why we lost tonight 

• Cheers 2

I'm not overly disappointed about this game. We played well. We just made one or two mistakes that cost us the game. Miller came out and tried to cheat for a breakaway and that ended up being a reason why it was an odd man play.

Our PP is absolute trash though. Garland was a massive reason why those PPs ended up being dangerous. Otherwise we were doing our cute little perimeter plays.

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I feel the fine and suspension had something to do with it. But certainly not the reason why we lost tonight 

Effort level was not high enough for the first 40 minutes of the game. You won't win many playoff games playing 10 minutes of hockey.

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Just saw the replay of the winner. That definitely looked like a high stick to knock down the puck. Canuck luck!

let's not do the whole conspiracy theory whining thing. take the L, oilers earned the win. they were very lucky to hang on, but they earned it. 

• Cheers 2