Tocchet is the Coach... time to learn and adapt... or risk losing the series.

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We get to the offensive zone, then chip the puck in. If we win the battle along the boards we generate a shot “towards” the net.

We have 2 things working against us. We dump and chase exclusively, and we can’t hit the net.

We even do this on the power play. It’s excruciating. 

I think the key is that our bottom six has generally been pretty effective at puck retrieval or at least getting two men in quick for the battle, but our top six has not been great at puck retrieval. I would rather our top six play a solid possession game (but lose the Miller/Hughes drop pass PP entry). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This team prior to RT was crying for structure. Now we got it and RT should be commended for that. 

However,  buzzsaw is right that coach needs to adjust. In particular his line combos.  It makes no sense to me whatsoever to not put Bluegar back with Garland and Joshua, and lindholm with Pete. 

It is absolutely crucial to get petey going. It's getting ridiculous to have a player like that be so relatively ineffective.  

If Petey returns to form I think we can contend for the cup. Otherwise it's just a matter of time were picked off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

I have been a little underwhelmed by Toch these playoffs.

On one hand I commend him for being a steady, level headed presence.  

On the other hand, I think he's been a little too passive.

He's barely made any roster adjustments.  The ones he has made are head scratchers.  I don't understand how LK is in the lineup now.  His point production in the AHL playoffs was sub-par.  Would much rather see Raty or Podz. 

Hoglander / Petey / Mik is broken and those guys need to be redeployed to play to their strengths.  We cannot win without a second line.

Podz was a complete non factor in the Abby playoffs, no surprise he is not playing. Raty would be nice to see instead of Aman

22 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'm only replying here because this reply is short, and most people will read it 🤣

Have a nice day!

22 hours ago, flat land fish said:

My favorite post of the thread.

21 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Too long, didn’t read.

20 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Omg you're right, I did read your post!

Pathetic. "Nuff said. Cheers.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel: