[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So, you've taken a punch from Zadorov to gauge how hard he punches?

I was speaking to his general game, which does definitely affect how the Coilers have entered the zone when he's on the ice. I doubt there will be a fight at all. Perry won't chuck them with Zadorov, and well, Kane prefers sparring with women, so that's out. Deharnais prefers pushing around players half his size. 

okay lets give kane Deb to spar with then

one punch from Deb and its night night for little evander

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He tried it in regular season, but Lindy wasn't playing well either at the time, plus injuries.  

This time it might work as Lindy has got his game back.

Hope Hoggy play his best game yet.  This line need to get on the board, whoever scores.   Then Nux have 3 lines that can score, like what they wanted all yr. 

Got our 3 top scorers on 3 different lines:  Boeser,  Lindholm and Joshua.  Someone's going to be up against an Oilers 3rd or 4th line

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And Lindholm at center is much better defensively than Petey at center (although #40 is no slouch there) and can better cover any defensive deficiencies Hoagie might have

Reuniting Blueger with Dak and Gnarly is a no-brainer - for a time they were arguably Hockey's best line ... certainly the best 3rd line in the game

PDG, Aman and Podz are all big bodies with above average skating speed and tenacity.  Expect ferocious forechecking from that line

I'm optimistic: 6 - 3 Canucks

My honest guess is 5-1 or 6-1 Canucks. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No time like the present then to be better right ? here's rooting for him to have a solid non-eventful ( unless annihilating an Oiler with a hit ) game. 

A vet is always capable of making themselves redeemable. 

However, I’ve lost faith based on performance, when it mattered. 

Just my imo. 

• Vintage 1

@RWJC these lines are much better. If they lose tonight in poor fashion, I'll eat my words about Tocchet not knowing how to put a lineup together and keeping guys in the NHL that shouldn't be playing in the NHL. 

I can't see us being horrendous 5 on 5 with this lineup against the Oilers. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

@RWJC these lines are much better. If they lose tonight in poor fashion, I'll eat my words about Tocchet not knowing how to put a lineup together and keeping guys in the NHL that shouldn't be playing in the NHL. 

I can't see us being horrendous 5 on 5 with this lineup against the Oilers. 

+ as long as theyve figured out the powerplay zone entry we shouldnt get shut down like we did last game

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

6-3 canucks, make it so

i cant wait to see podz flatten some soilers 

I think you over estimate the impact podz has on a game at this point in his career

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think you over estimate the impact podz has on a game at this point in his career

im not expecting podkolzin to score goals from the fourth line

im expecting joshua/blueger/garland to be the best 3rd line in hocke lik ethey were when they played together

and petey to do way better on the wing with his new skilled linemates

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

+ as long as theyve figured out the powerplay zone entry we shouldnt get shut down like we did last game

I'd be getting the line and flipping that puck high into a corner and then sending two guys busting ass in to retrieve it.  If they want to stand up at the b-line, exploit their weak dmen down deep.......make them make a good play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think you underestimate him too. He's shown the ability to be a huge factor and he's also shown the ability to be a non-factor. 

I find on the 4th line he obviously has less of an impact, but when moved up the lineup looks significantly better (albeit a bit snakebitten). He definitely has the ability to play like a 2nd liner, it just depends on what version of Podz you get. His consistency is poor, which is why he isn't an everyday NHL'er, but when he's good, he's very good. 

• Cheers 2

really excited for tonights game.

of course im a big fan of Bleugar btw Garland/Josh, but Im particularly intrigued by the new Swedish line.  If Petey/Lind can mesh switching off C duties, it might really have an impact all over the ice esp. against Oil bottom 6.  

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

I saw 4 Oilers at blue line and Canucks trying to carry it over, instead try soft dump into corner, guys skate in with speed as D pivot back, draw a hook grab or trip (Silly I know expecting another penalty, when blood to 6-5 guys from headshots with sticks doesn't draw suspensions)

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I think you underestimate him too. He's shown the ability to be a huge factor and he's also shown the ability to be a non-factor. 

I find on the 4th line he obviously has less of an impact, but when moved up the lineup looks significantly better (albeit a bit snakebitten). He definitely has the ability to play like a 2nd liner, it just depends on what version of Podz you get. His consistency is poor, which is why he isn't an everyday NHL'er, but when he's good, he's very good. 

I'm happy to see him in the lineup and there's not many bigger podz supporters than I am, but I'm realistic.  He hasn't impacted many games in his time with the team this year and he's probably not going to do it now.  Truly, at this point, Lafferty is probably the better player, though oidz obviously has potential to be much much much better.

Just be realistic is all I'm saying.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

steak and mushrooms for me please!

sorry, smokies with fried onions and steak cut fries

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Fresh legs those guys better be moving! I was surprised to see Mikheyev out of the lineup completely and Podz on the 4th line.

Podz hits ... Mik caresses

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Kane should be too then.....

maybe we could have Kane fight Nurse.... it'd be a two-for

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm happy to see him in the lineup and there's not many bigger podz supporters than I am, but I'm realistic.  He hasn't impacted many games in his time with the team this year and he's probably not going to do it now.  Truly, at this point, Lafferty is probably the better player, though oidz obviously has potential to be much much much better.

Just be realistic is all I'm saying.  

I agree with all of this but I would suggest that a night in the press box is good for Laff.

A birds eye view of the game would be helpful for him imo.

• Cheers 1