[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

I saw 4 Oilers at blue line and Canucks trying to carry it over, instead try soft dump into corner, guys skate in with speed as D pivot back, draw a hook grab or trip (Silly I know expecting another penalty, when blood to 6-5 guys from headshots with sticks doesn't draw suspensions)

Let Hughes carry it over the redline and as he hits the blue line, a nice easy flip I yk the weaker d corner.  Have Boes and Miller going full tilt at that point and retrieve the puck, with Lindholm as the third guy and Petey in the slot.

If they can get the puck to Petey, great.  If not, get possession and set up.  I really want to see them make use of their man advantage the way the oilers do.......they should always be out umbrring the pk around the puck

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Just skate away.  Soucey isn't a fighter and is under no obligation to fight.  It's pointless and only serves to benefit the Oilers

unless he can fight McD... he's the one who started it in the first place

• Cheers 2

And of course Im hoping for my boy Aman to have a good game too.  He does well when his linemates are forechecking hard and swarming.  Hoping Podz and baby bump PDG can bring that.  

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think you over estimate the impact podz has on a game at this point in his career

Hoping Podz breaks out in his limited role on the 4th and on the PK 

image.gif.2a7a2490c130d0a7c8ce0ce389ae0649.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

I agree with all of this but I would suggest that a night in the press box is good for Laff.

A birds eye view of the game would be helpful for him imo.

I don't disagree there and I'm glad to see podz in

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Hoping Podz breaks out in his limited role on the 4th and on the PK 

image.gif.2a7a2490c130d0a7c8ce0ce389ae0649.gif

I think the 4th line isn't going to see much ice tonight

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

One doesn't have to be an NHL level coach to understand things, lot of hockey fans nowadays are pretty keyed in 

I think Petey will rise to the challenge. It sucks to see him struggle, but at some point this has to turn around. Kids got too much innate skill. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, stawns said:

I think the 4th line isn't going to see much ice tonight

They may barely see 6 minutes 5v5. 

However, he may see more time on the PK. 

Hopefully, the PK is limited. 

15 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

please. huge spanking. make them pay. 

i wanna see corey "im a human buttplug" perry crying at the end

I want them coming out of the game with no clue who's starting in goal for Game 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I think Petey will rise to the challenge. It sucks to see him struggle, but at some point this has to turn around. Kids got too much innate skill. 

Come playoff time if you're going to bet on anything it may as well be skill 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Petey on the wing, love it.  Reminds me of his very first goal, gliding down the wing full speed and snipes it top corner in that Calgary game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Podz has 3 shifts to show us something.  This could be the start of his post season career if he plays his cards right. Pulling for him!! 

If Tocchet likes what he sees MAYBE EVEN GOING HARD TO THE CREASE. Podz could earn more ice time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I think Soucy will be challenged to scrap first shift. Edmonton would be a fool if they let that slide. 

As long as its McDavid doing the challenging ..... I'm fine with that.  2, 5 and game for instigating would be appropriate 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

And of course Im hoping for my boy Aman to have a good game too.  He does well when his linemates are forechecking hard and swarming.  Hoping Podz and baby bump PDG can bring that.  

He's been good on the PK--that alone is worth keeping him in the lineup

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

Cole has been the most consistent guy where I'm like "oh that's a smart read" to "what the f#*k?!" within like 5 seconds.

way back we had a D man like that too.... I don't remember which analyzer said it but he described him playing the puck as either 'good, bad, or ugly' 

Lumme was the D man

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Podz has 3 shifts to show us something.  This could be the start of his post season career if he plays his cards right. Pulling for him!! 

If Tocchet likes what he sees MAYBE EVEN GOING HARD TO THE CREASE. Podz could earn more ice time.

3 shifts over 60 might be all the 4th line gets! 

🤣

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, if Dallas is the team that comes out of that series the Canucks are going to be in tough regardless of what they do imo, Dallas's forward depth is unreal. Dallas is the closest thing to a team out west with no clear weakness, their only real weak link is their 3RD right now and if they get Hakanpaa back sooner than later that may not even be the case. 

But they can't worry about Dallas or Colorado yet, series is tied at 2. As you've said though, I think they can get away with stacking the top six a bit more against the Oil. 

I think they've got to try Lindholm with Pettersson regardless of how well that line has played, because the Canucks will be hard pressed to get through a conference or cup final without Pettersson producing him. Sparking him is more important.

Very true, but I'd rather be swept by dallas than lose to the Oilers in any fashion

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is where the season long focus on winning battles is huge, coupled with being more aggressive. Like he said, dog on a bone. We need to be ahead of the battle, reading better, and aggressive for a full 60.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is where the season long focus on winning battles is huge, coupled with being more aggressive. Like he said, dog on a bone. We need to be ahead of the battle, reading better, and aggressive for a full 60.

Totally agree there!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let Hughes carry it over the redline and as he hits the blue line, a nice easy flip I yk the weaker d corner.  Have Boes and Miller going full tilt at that point and retrieve the puck, with Lindholm as the third guy and Petey in the slot.

If they can get the puck to Petey, great.  If not, get possession and set up.  I really want to see them make use of their man advantage the way the oilers do.......they should always be out umbrring the pk around the puck

Yes they are too passive 

I wanna see them make quick decisions and not loose the advantage holding onto the puck (use instincts)

Show intensity  (Skate don't Wait)

Need everyone moving, and moving defenders into screens or out of position !

Let's Do This !

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If that was the case why would Toccett be calling Petey out?

Think he just wants him to fight through it and contribute more; we have no one else that offers his potential upside w/ a 200' game too. He hasn't been overly critical in my opinion; white gloves really. A mild hernia sounds right; explains the lack of power on shot and the strength on his skates

• Upvote 1