[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, bh90 said:

i was really rooting for Mikheyev. His performance these playoffs and now being a healthy scratch in my opinion are going to make it close to impossible to trade.

i would be surprised if this happens this summer. How can we justify losing one of Lindholm, Joshua, Zadarov at his expense.

image.thumb.png.6e15461d8bbc9087a73eb0f44cee7aea.png

Maybe Utah wants him.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Maybe Utah wants him.. 

Utah is going to want to complete right away. They days of dumping cap there are over. San Jose or Chicago would be the targets.

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Maybe Utah wants him.. 

one can wish

maybe Chicago if we add a 1st and a young promising player that's NHL ready...

Offtopic but with 50 million in cap space i think Sam Reinhert will go there.

I agree with the oiler analyst for once. Tonight is the Canucks game 7 if they want to make the next round. I can’t imagine the Canucks winning the next 2 in a row if they are down 3-2. So they better come out and play desperate for 60mins and not like so far in the playoff where they may have played a complete 60mjn effort once or twice 

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Minus Cole getting the nod over Juulsen, I like the changes. Cole is gassed.

Tossup I think. Love Juulsen's intensity, but he's been directly responsible for goals against in both games he's played (so has Cole, I know). Not his last chance, though--he's bound to draw in again this series or next.

7 minutes ago, bh90 said:

i was really rooting for Mikheyev. His performance these playoffs and now being a healthy scratch in my opinion are going to make it close to impossible to trade.

i would be surprised if this happens this summer. How can we justify losing one of Lindholm, Joshua, Zadarov at his expense.

image.thumb.png.6e15461d8bbc9087a73eb0f44cee7aea.png

I took a look at the buy out calculator too.  I highly doubt the Canucks want to have both OEL and Mik on the books, but if they did go that route next summer would be the time do it (2 years under 2 mill).

I wonder if he gets the tough love approach this summer like Boeser did, and with a healthy ACL works his ass off.  Or he just gets moved somehow someway….

Something to re-vist later for sure

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I took a look at the buy out calculator too.  I highly doubt the Canucks want to have both OEL and Mik on the books, but if they did go that route next summer would be the time do it (2 years under 2 mill).

I wonder if he gets the tough love approach this summer like Boeser did, and with a healthy ACL works his ass off.  Or he just gets moved somehow someway….

not ideal for sure but carrying 4.75 in cap on the books for next 2 seasons to get no production out of it is a huge anchor especially at the expense of losing good productive players.

Mikheyev needs to step up big time. hope the canucks get into round 3 and he gets a chance to redeem himself

• Cheers 1

There's a lot of gatekeeping on this site when people try to have real, objective discussions etc.  but man, I see a lot of those people first in line to absolutely trash individual Canucks.  

I might criticize the play if the team, or even question a player or two, but I'd never just outright trash a player on the team I cheer for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, bh90 said:

not ideal for sure but carrying 4.75 in cap on the books for next 2 seasons to get no production out of it is a huge anchor especially at the expense of losing good productive players.

Mikheyev needs to step up big time. hope the canucks get into round 3 and he gets a chance to redeem himself

i just cant imagine management moving on from lindholm after these playoffs. hard to imagine them passing up on re-signing zadorov too. 

they paid a fortune for hronek, so i imagine he gets re-signed

all that said, we basically cant keep everyone we wanna keep without a mikheyev buyout. or maybe some trade wizardry. wonder if we can trick the islanders or senators again? both of them seem willing to be fleeced by us from time to time

9 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Tossup I think. Love Juulsen's intensity, but he's been directly responsible for goals against in both games he's played (so has Cole, I know). Not his last chance, though--he's bound to draw in again this series or next.

he made one bad mistake; Cole is gassed and a comedy of errors. Juulsen's one mistake is coachable; a big hit isn't worth the risk.

18 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Think you attach draft capital and move on. We have a number of UFAs that are carrying our team right now that need to be resigned. A 1st or a 2nd is a fair price to pay to be able to lock those guys up for the next few years. In addition, it could open some $ to sign a stop gap top 6 scorer until  Lekkermaki finds his wheels.

• Cheers 1

Look at who else is on that list.  

Bubble or no bubble, EP is struggling and Nux need him to get better for a successful long playoffs.  

51 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Anyone seen viewing party tickets for Saturday on sale yet ? Or if one is planned ? 

nope, haven't seen anything yet, I'm also waiting...

They did just send an email out about additional tickets released for tonight's game tho.

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Petey on the wing, love it.  Reminds me of his very first goal, gliding down the wing full speed and snipes it top corner in that Calgary game.

This was the smarter move. Takes some pressure off his shoulders and simplifies things for him from a role/position standpoint.

Good adapting by our coach. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i just cant imagine management moving on from lindholm after these playoffs. hard to imagine them passing up on re-signing zadorov too. 

they paid a fortune for hronek, so i imagine he gets re-signed

all that said, we basically cant keep everyone we wanna keep without a mikheyev buyout. or maybe some trade wizardry. wonder if we can trick the islanders or senators again? both of them seem willing to be fleeced by us from time to time

I wouldn't say they paid a fortune to get Hronrk........a good price, yes, but not a fortune.  They'd easily recoup that when they moved him out, imo