[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

I took a look at the buy out calculator too.  I highly doubt the Canucks want to have both OEL and Mik on the books, but if they did go that route next summer would be the time do it (2 years under 2 mill).

I wonder if he gets the tough love approach this summer like Boeser did, and with a healthy ACL works his ass off.  Or he just gets moved somehow someway….

Something to re-vist later for sure

1. Agree completely that the Canucks won't want both OEL and Mik on longlasting buyouts.

2. It would be better to trade Mik for future considerations with money retained (if necessary). Whatever it takes would be less than the cost of a buyout and I am not sure it would take anything.

3. Mik has been disappointing but it is still kind of shock to see him in press box instead of on the 4th line. Saying that PDG and Podz are better than Mik is an amazing statement. Maybe the plan is to give him some shock therapy by taking him out for a game and then putting him back in.

There is some possibility that the recovery from injury and surgery is not complete. The Canucks might prefer to let him continue to rehab over the summer and see how he looks to start next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

1. Agree completely that the Canucks won't want both OEL and Mik on longlasting buyouts.

2. It would be better to trade Mik for future considerations with money retained (if necessary). Whatever it takes would be less than the cost of a buyout and I am not sure it would take anything.

3. Mik has been disappointing but it is still kind of shock to see him in press box instead of on the 4th line. Saying that PDG and Podz are better than Mik is an amazing statement. Maybe the plan is to give him some shock therapy by taking him out for a game and then putting him back in.

There is some possibility that the recovery from injury and surgery is not complete. The Canucks might prefer to let him continue to rehab over the summer and see how he looks to start next year.

You can't retain money on Mik it defeats the purpose.  You have to do a 3 team deal where you give up a 2nd or 3rd to a team who will retain half and then flip Mik at 50% to a 3rd team for another pick.

Canucks get him off the books completely at the cost of a 2nd or 3rd. The middle team gets a pick from us and a pick from the 3rd team in exchange for eating 50% of his salary for 2 years. The team that winds up with Mik gets him for 50% cap hit at the cost of a pick.

That's what is likely to happen.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say they paid a fortune to get Hronrk........a good price, yes, but not a fortune.  They'd easily recoup that when they moved him out, imo

A lot of people here and out in the wild forget hes an RFA and that trading him has value

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Foamys Ghost said:

Shots is nice, but there's only two numbers I care about.  Goals for and goals against.  As long as the Canucks manage more of the former than the latter, I'm happy.  I don't care if we have 4 shots for and 60 shots against if we have 4 goals for and three goals against.

thats true... but the likelihood of goals must correlate to the amount of shots... getting outshot every game isn't great but hey you're right a win is a win i'll take it any way we can!

• Like 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

the guy in the jersey looks like my old boss Mike 

LoL, that is the very shy Rocket-68, me

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, JamesB said:

His skating has been fine, I don’t think anything is wrong with his injury. He just has no finish and doesn’t seem to know what to do with the puck when he gets it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lindholm with Pettersson and Hoglander

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

Soucy back

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by IFHT Films

Blueger back with Garland and Joshua

Cruz Azul Cheer GIF by Club America

Podz Aman PDG chip in a goal (or set up a sequence leading to one)

IMG_2806.gif

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

I haven't felt this nervous for a game in a long, long time.

Go Canucks GO!

Yup. For the Benning years this was the feeling at the draft. What was the moran going to do? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Go Canucks GO!

I'm quite the opposite for some reason.  I think Nux will take this. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

I’m calling 5-3 Canucks. Miller with a dominating performance. Podz with a goal and Lindholm with a goal.  Lindy set up for a beauty by Petey. And a hughes empty netter 

Edited by Karma-Kazi44
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Go Canucks GO!

I was feeling a similar way when I got off work to head home for game prep but then I heard about the line changes.

Been saying to friends and facebook fooks for days now that Blueger needs to be put back with his golden linemates and Petey needs to find chemistry with Lindy. Someone else suggested adding Hoagie to that for the super Swedish symbiosis and I liked that idea as well. Very exited to see how it works out.

Can't wait for puck drop!!

Go Canucks GO!!!

Let's DO THIS!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrcaBait said:

GAME 5 DINNER!!!!!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20240516_165927_246.jpg

share-sees?

Posted (edited)

The guy I the middle is at game, DOH!, with me but the other the one on the right is as well apparently ... tracking him down if so .... anyone know who he is, LoLIMG_1901.thumb.jpg.84ccae0605476ddaf97a8963dccac60f.jpg

Yes, I know it is Ole Dave ... guesses on the ex-Canuck on the left? Double portion of the winning ticket prize for the first one to guess right.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1