[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Just curious on the rationale people are using for Petey being injured. He is significantly underperforming for a while now, so most folks are speculating he is injured. But the following players have also been underperforming and no one is speculating injury. They are just pointing fingers. Yet for some reason if Petey isnt producing then he must be injured.

Mik

Lafferty

Hogz

Podz (0 goals in 17? games)

Blueger

Suter

Hronek

DeSmith

PDG

It's because he looks off on and off the ice. Part of Pettersson's game is his speed and his shot. Right now, he doesn't have any sort of break away speed, his acceleration looks choppy, and he looks like he can't pivot that quickly. His shot has been gone for months, and he stopped one-timing pucks for quite some time. My guess is he's dealing with a couple of injuries stemming back to the All-Star break but of course they can't disclose anything.

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I agree, Hughes looks a step below guys like Makar and Bouchard. Quinn is being targeted, but I find he hangs onto the puck too long, tries to do it all himself with skating out of trouble. He's got to get that pass off quicker, try to take less hits. 

His teammates are sort of forcing him to by not really helping him force play forward. 

1 minute ago, Mr Wrong said:

Where are the statisticians? Which game is the most important game to win? When you win this game, you chances are highest to win the series? My guess is game 5. 

game 7

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Mr Wrong said:

Where are the statisticians? Which game is the most important game to win? When you win this game, you chances are highest to win the series? My guess is game 5. 

It is game 3 I think. I recall a piece on this exact thing. But it is probably dynamic based on the series being 2-2 😄 

• Cheers 1

As long as we dont stay down too low on defense and close the gap at the right time we should win this thing...i see this as a key game. make the best of it....lets WIN!!!! GCG!!!

Lets Get It On Fight GIF

2 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

Haha. Your not a statistician but a comedian. You are right, however 😂

I'm like a broken clock.... I'm right twice a day

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What was the justification for him playing that last regular season game which had zero meaning?  If he wasn't 100%, zero reason for him playing that game.  None.

Imho.

This is what drives me nuts.

Everything seems to be contradictory. If he's sick/injured needed a break to reset. Why play him after the Canucks qualified?

It will be interesting to hear whenever the season ends.

Hopefully after the 4th win in the Finals. 🙂

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Is there a chance we see Skinner again?

Yes.  If Pickard starts, he will have the end of the third period from last game in his head and the net will be full of pucks behind him.

Then in comes Skin-Nerd, and that's all she wrote for Game 5.

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)

A thought occurred to me how much and how often the officials help the oilers win two games in the series… 1) Sutherland the Antichrist was chosen to ref game two which definitely puts the Oilers at an advantage and he gave them the advantage - a lot of missed calls were made and that had an influence on the outcome….

then the game 3 suspension on Soucy and fine on Zadorov when it was McLoser who instigated the whole melee… when you see Sam Bennett get away with a sucker punch on Bostons best player and Kane attempting to injure Myers last game it leaves you with the strong impression that the league wants the McLoser and the Coilers to advance… 

Especially when you consider all the shit at the Oilers have been doing to the Canucks and getting away with it…

im not whining - this is just an obvious observation…

It just means that the Canucks have to overcome shitty reffing on top of everything else which is been pretty much standard this year anyways… But come on give me a break… It really does ruin the experience for me it does at least

and the missed slewfoot on Hronek which led to the gwg last game

it’s pathetic how much the Oilers  are getting helped by the NHL to win this series…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I like the new look. 

Podz finally gets his shot. 

Higs redemption time. 

Mik finally sits. 

Blueger back to his old stomping ground with Joshua and Garland.
Nice to see Elias x2 with Hoglander. 
Hopefully Cole is settled and doesn’t help Edmonton anymore. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I like the new look. 

Podz finally gets his shot. 

Higs redemption time. 

Mik finally sits. 

This is good!  Finally what many have been hoping for.  Podz in...Lindholm + Petey!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Big fan of Lindholm and Petey. Blueger has played some good hockey so I don't have any issue with him being slotted between Maverick and Ice.

Glad to see Mikheyev is being held accountable. I'm one of his biggest believers, but he needs to sit one at least. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1