[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I like the new look. 

Podz finally gets his shot. 

Higs redemption time. 

Mik finally sits. 

THE PEAKY FOOKING BLUEGERS RETURN

Like the lines a lot.

Great choices tocchet

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but after playing Petey’s interview and discussing it,  Halford and Brough have started a campaign to get the crowd at the game tonight to chant “ Let’s Go Petey” during warmup and before puck drop. They feel strongly that the fans could help get Petey going , they referenced a star Philadelphia basketball player who was struggling and the fans did this and it ended up turning his season/ play around , he later thanked the fans …

Anyone going to the game , this wouldn’t hurt to try and one benefit would be showing the outside Hockey world that the ‘brutal’ Canucks fans are supportive of their team . 

If  they're going to do it, CHANGE the CHANT.  That one sucks. Even Go Petey Go is better.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Big fan of Lindholm and Petey. Blueger has played some good hockey so I don't have any issue with him being slotted between Maverick and Ice.

Glad to see Mikheyev is being held accountable. I'm one of his biggest believers, but he needs to sit one at least. 

I agree, Blueger has made a lot of great plays and gets completely ignored in these playoffs.  His PK work and his forcheck and responsibility are finally getting rewarded.

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 4

Damn, Tocchet has cooked up an interesting dish with these line combos.

Not sure I like messing with the Garland/Joshua line by removing Lindholm, but the positives in getting Petey going probably outweigh these concerns.

In summary…..LFG.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Hoglander

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Bains-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I wanna see

i think its time to sit mikheyev. and definitely time to sit lafferty. 

Almost nailed it 😅

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I have no idea. But just looking at his play the past few months. It's a lot more than a mental issue to me.

- His shot has no power.

- He looks to pass not shoot.

- His timing is off.

- When he does shoot he misses the target.

- He seems to have no strength in his core, and falls down real easy.

- Now shies away from contact.

That's not a confidence issue. That's telling me he's playing hurt. Sounds like it's a nagging issue. It's enough he's lost focus, and he has to really concentrate to play. And he can't do things by instinct. Every game I see signs of him turning it around. He goes back next game to being a ghost. Whatever the issue(s) is, I sure hope it gets corrected.

He did avoid that question, didn't he?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

King Kong Godzilla GIF by Regal

Podzilla and hogs ready to return and hit

Completely off topic but how the hell does Kong ever lose to Godzilla in a fight? Those arms on Kong should just effortlessly rip off the lizards little head.

Apologies for the nerdy little interlude.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Leaders lead.

I think it would be funny if, on the opening face-off, all the Canucks stood there with their sticks raised in the Corey-Perry-Is-In-Fear-For-His-Life Position:

Corey Perry trying to bait Brock Boeser to no avail / 14.05.2024 - YouTube

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Completely off topic but how the hell does Kong ever lose to Godzilla in a fight? Those arms on Kong should just effortlessly rip off the lizards little head.

Apologies for the nerdy little interlude.

Nuclear breath. Pretty sure Kong wouldn't get within 10' of Godzilla without being a pile of burnt fur.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Still would have preferred to see Hoglander back to 4th line where he was more productive but like this adjustment a lot.  Podz up with the Swedes for passing and forechecking as EP and Lindholm in theory are good goal scorers.

Edited by DrJockitch

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Damn, Tocchet has cooked up an interesting dish with these line combos.

Not sure I like messing with the Garland/Joshua line by removing Lindholm, but the positives in getting Petey going probably outweigh these concerns.

In summary…..LFG.

All 3 of linds, josh and garl play hard but there was a lack of chemistry and 5 on 5 goals. Linds went to the net and waited and had some chances but they never caught fire.

Earlier this season the peaky bluegers controlled possession, each player hit and kept possession and blueger was a relentless force who usually dished out the pass from behind the net to garly or josh. It's a tough sonabitch line at both ends and against a team like the oilers they'll feast. Bluegers been an unsung hero so aman better bring it to cover the 4th line but it's an excellent weapon to deploy when its time to get serious.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e268c675a6c28391381fc54183ae2395.jpeg

I hope this line up is for real.

Especially 23 and 40 together