[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

15 minutes ago, boziffous said:

I like the changes to the lineup if that's what Tocchet goes with. Good balance on the top 3 lines and the 4th line should provide a mix of smart defensive play and good energy. 

Go Canucks Go

I could see that 4th line not playing a hell of a lot to be honest. But happy for Podz to get in there. One looks at the aspects of his game and its puzzling why it hasn’t come together yet….but perhaps he’s one of those players for whom the playoff style hockey will unlock something for him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Great lines, happy with that. I do worry Petey and Lindholm really sucked when together in the regular season defensively though so if they get scored on a bunch then surely Rick moves things around but Lindholm is a much better player now and Petey has been dynamite on the wing.

The matchups will be important again. Miller can play against McDavid, Blueger can try and play against Draisaitl but Lindholm will probably take that role, but any time their 3rd or 4th lines are out there I think Lindholm and Petey go up.

The coach has done his bit, now it's really down to the players to out-work Edmonton and execute and we know we can.

Re the pettey/linds, they kept petey as the center there and linds was on the wing. He wasn't great there but he's better at c and pettey did play his best stretch with the lotto line as winger. We'll see but with playoff linds i think we've got some hope and maybe uncorking playoff petey and hogs.

Makes me dream of these plays (6:16 and 7:09 in vid on)

12 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

these are 100% our best lines. Petey now surrounded by skill and has a ferocious puck retriever on his wing too.

if we're gonna win, this is how. just need silovs to give us ONE more game. 

Yes, yes, yes!  I'm happy to see Hogey back.

Perhaps he needed a game off after that ridiculous (and uncalled and unpunished unsportsmanlike conduct by some unnamed puke - but, We know who you are Soiler #10 and you won't remain unpunished much longer...

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If that was the case why would Toccett be calling Petey out?

Who knows, but all sorts of subterfuge happens in the playoffs. Honestly can’t think of a proper reason why EP’s game fell off a cliff in the past few months other than an injury, even if its a minor, nagging one that he can technically play through. The idea of it NOT being an injury is almost to upsetting to contemplate….especially with 11M+ coming into the payroll soon.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That rat Marchand trying to injure Bennett's hand by banging his head against it!🤪

100% marchands fault. that should have been a 5 min major + game misconduct for intent to injure. Bennetts hands are his livelihood (unlike marchands head/brain - a pretty useless appendage), marchand could have done real and lasting damage. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I like the lines that were taking reps this morning. 

Tonight the guys that are out are: 

Karlsson, Mikheyev and Lafferty. 

In: Diguseppe, Podkolzin & Hoglander

Thank you Toch. MIk needs a freaking wake up call if that is even still possible. I was so hoping he would "heat up" for the playoffs after having ample time to recover from his knee surgey 18 months ago.

Edited by Chicken.

4 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I dunno if this was posted or not yet: 

55515190-0CA8-46E6-8727-2FA71F5B9B43.webp

#LETSGOPETEY!

Here is his chance.  He has actual talent to work with.  Hoglander is also gonna be extra hungry to prove himself again tonight too.

• Cheers 2

Hopefully a big game for EP40. This series has gone down to one goal, one play either way for the win. EP can tip this if he can find some game. I see it's Hogs Lind EP. Perfect love it. C'mon EP, getter done. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Thank you Toch. MIk needs a freaking wake up call if that is even still possible. I was so hoping he would "heat hope" for the playoffs after having ample time to recover from his knee surgey 18 months ago.

Mik already got the wake up call, but with his hands he hit the snooze instead of alarm off. 

• Haha 4