[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

23 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't like this decision. Brock is a great shooter but needs time and space to get his shot off. JT is much better on the flanks.

Good news is at least it can't get worse. Hopefully they'll be able to hit JT low and then JT reverses to Boeser to open up ice. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It's almost as if putting Pettersson with Lindholm has made sense for a while, nice to see Tochett actually do it 

He tried it in regular season, but Lindy wasn't playing well either at the time, plus injuries.  

This time it might work as Lindy has got his game back.

Hope Hoggy play his best game yet.  This line need to get on the board, whoever scores.   Then Nux have 3 lines that can score, like what they wanted all yr. 

• Like 3

This is the best roster they can put on the ice right now.  Key will be taking advantage of the coilers bottom 6 and bottom pair d men with home ice with last change.

23 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Re the pettey/linds, they kept petey as the center there and linds was on the wing. He wasn't great there but he's better at c and pettey did play his best stretch with the lotto line as winger.

Pettersson and Lindholm can each take their strong side on faceoffs.

This is going to be a good line with Höglander muck'n 'n' shuck'n pucks loose for them.

A Call To Arms:  Heja Sverige! 

ryssland-genomfor-beredskapskontroll-566All righty then!  BLAST AWAY BOYZ!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He tried it in regular season, but Lindy wasn't playing well either at the time, plus injuries.  

This time it might work as Lindy has got his game back.

Hope Hoggy play his best game yet.  This line need to get on the board, whoever scores.   Then Nux have 3 lines that can score, like what they wanted all yr. 

That's just it, it's why splitting up duos throughout the lineup makes sense. Miller has Boeser and Joshua thrives with the third liner play driver, Garland. Lindholm gives Pettersson some actual top six level talent to work with. Hoglander is a wildcard, he hasn't been all that impressive of late, but he's got talent. 

Edited by Coconuts

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's almost as if putting Pettersson with Lindholm has made sense for a while, nice to see Tochett actually do it 

Made more sense to have centre depth but there was the issue we were all screaming about at the deadline, we are short a scoring winger. 
‘The one thing I have been really critical of current management is they said we are going all in with Lindholm but then after a bit of a bad stretch got cold feet at the deadline when scoring wingers were available for almost nothing. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Made more sense to have centre depth but there was the issue we were all screaming about at the deadline, we are short a scoring winger. 
‘The one thing I have been really critical of current management is they said we are going all in with Lindholm but then after a bit of a bad stretch got cold feet at the deadline when scoring wingers were available for almost nothing. 

Blueger is fine as the 3C, it's just that Miller, Pettersson/Lindholm, and Blueger isn't the center depth some folks want to see. Which I get, having all three of Miller, Pettersson, and Lindholm down the middle makes us harder to match up against, at least in theory.

Problem is that things haven't worked out the way they theoretically could have because Pettersson's been struggling. Stacking the top six a bit more seems like the sensible adjustment.

We're absolutely short a top six winger, we're probably missing two, it wouldn't look so glaring if Hoglander was doing more but it is what it is. Thing is, I don't blame management for not paying up even more given what they spent on Lindholm, in fact I'm glad they didn't trade an additional 1st/2nd near the deadline. It's hard to have everything under the constraints of the cap. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

Coach T hasn't had a lot of time to read this forum lately

Someone should have sent him a carrier pigeon sooner 

Smoke signals are off the table considering Fort Nelson might burn to the ground 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I think it’s situationally they need to move moreS

our entries suck it can’t just be enter and get to your position it’s so easy for a PK

this is probably situationally so when miller enters he can keep moving down the half wall

and if the rotation happens he could end up net front 

I’m hoping for this^

Yeah, Edmonton sent everyone to the side we were usually overloading (left side) and tied up Quinn, and Miller, etc on the side boards.

Go. To. The. Net. (And stay there.)(Bonus points for killing someone.)

JT Miller with the @Sharpshooter Hat Trick: A goal, an assist, and a downed Soiler.

3385a3c8972643c97dc403b1abf01c3af2eb455d "Watch your back (Ryan)"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Blueger is fine as the 3C, it's just that Miller, Pettersson/Lindholm, and Blueger isn't the center depth some folks want to see. Which I get, having all three of Miller, Pettersson, and Lindholm down the middle makes us harder to match up against, at least in theory.

Problem is that things haven't worked out the way they theoretically could have because Pettersson's been struggling. Stacking the top six a bit more seems like the sensible adjustment.

We're absolutely short a top six winger, it wouldn't look so glaring if Hoglander was doing more but it is what it is. Thing is, I don't blame management for not paying up even more given what they spent on Lindholm, in fact I'm glad they didn't trade an additional 1st/2nd near the deadline. It's hard to have everything under the constraints of the cap. 

I think against the Oilers in particular it is fine to stack the top 6 because they are so poor defensively but against a Dallas it would be too easy to shut down.

Very curious to see how that 4th line fairs tonight.  Good size on the wings for Aman who is solid if not a bit soft for that role.

As a third line The Dak-Blu-Gar line is very good, problem is with Lindholm in the middle it has been our second line all playoffs.  Hopefully this alignment gives us three offensively threatening lines not just one.

• Cheers 2

Here’s hoping Lindholm + EP duo works.  Cuz not only to get EP going but also Canucks then don’t need to find a top 6 forward in the summer.  Just re-sign Lindholm and not lose any assets.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Just curious on the rationale people are using for Petey being injured. He is significantly underperforming for a while now, so most folks are speculating he is injured. But the following players have also been underperforming and no one is speculating injury. They are just pointing fingers. Yet for some reason if Petey isnt producing then he must be injured.

Mik

Lafferty

Hogz

Podz (0 goals in 17? games)

Blueger

Suter

Hronek

DeSmith

PDG

You have a really high bar

I wouldn't describe the series winning goal, in a 1 - 0 game, as "underperforming"

He doesn't have the flash or dash of a Miller or Garland, yet is tied with them in goals.  Yet they are not on your underperforming list

• Upvote 1