[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I think Soucy will be challenged to scrap first shift. Edmonton would be a fool if they let that slide. 

Kane should be too then.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

I think against the Oilers in particular it is fine to stack the top 6 because they are so poor defensively but against a Dallas it would be too easy to shut down.

Very curious to see how that 4th line fairs tonight.  Good size on the wings for Aman who is solid if not a bit soft for that role.

As a third line The Dak-Blu-Gar line is very good, problem is with Lindholm in the middle it has been our second line all playoffs.  Hopefully this alignment gives us three offensively threatening lines not just one.

Honestly, if Dallas is the team that comes out of that series the Canucks are going to be in tough regardless of what they do imo, Dallas's forward depth is unreal. Dallas is the closest thing to a team out west with no clear weakness, their only real weak link is their 3RD right now and if they get Hakanpaa back sooner than later that may not even be the case. 

But they can't worry about Dallas or Colorado yet, series is tied at 2. As you've said though, I think they can get away with stacking the top six a bit more against the Oil. 

I think they've got to try Lindholm with Pettersson regardless of how well that line has played, because the Canucks will be hard pressed to get through a conference or cup final without Pettersson producing him. Sparking him is more important.

• Vintage 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Kane should be too then.....

I think they will go at it with eachother… 

I think someone should absolutely  go after Kane and Nurse but I don’t really think we have anyone in our organization that can Chuck em beyond our head coach.  It’s not really part of the identity of this team. Our boys are lovers, not fighters. Turn thy other cheek and so forth…

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I like the new look. 

Podz finally gets his shot. 

Hogs redemption time. 

Mik finally sits. 

This is what I was hoping for as well.  The Swedish mafia line, reunite Teddy with DJ & Gars, not sure if I'd go the PDG over Laffy but that's minor quibble.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

You have a really high bar

I wouldn't describe the series winning goal, in a 1 - 0 game, as "underperforming"

He doesn't have the flash or dash of a Miller or Garland, yet is tied with them in goals.  Yet they are not on your underperforming list

For a guy who's getting top line minutes I would say Suter is underperforming.  I'm not saying he is shit. But I do expect more from over 10 playoff games

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

My one gripe with this lineup is Cole In and Jewels Out. 

Other way around imo. 

I’m 50/50 on it. Juulsen was much more disciplined than I expected last game. Although he made a thoughtless play that led directly to a goal against…

but then Cole has been just plain awful for us this series, I’m not sure what the answer is…

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Googlie said:

And Lindholm at center is much better defensively than Petey at center (although #40 is no slouch there) and can better cover any defensive deficiencies Hoagie might have

Reuniting Blueger with Dak and Gnarly is a no-brainer - for a time they were arguably Hockey's best line ... certainly the best 3rd line in the game

PDG, Aman and Podz are all big bodies with above average skating speed and tenacity.  Expect ferocious forechecking from that line

I'm optimistic: 6 - 3 Canucks

6-3 canucks, make it so

i cant wait to see podz flatten some soilers 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Think Hogz gonna have a good game. 

Looking at the game from above should help him to be less lost out their on the ice. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't expect a team than slewfoots, spears nuts, and crosschecks to the head to show any guts. The Oilers are the most cowardly team in the playoffs and Vancouver should hit them into oblivion, starting with their gutless captain. 

Since Boston. 

Disgusting. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, 24K said:

Think Hogz gonna have a good game. 

Looking at the game from.above should help him to be less lost out their on the ice. 

I feel it too.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I’m 50/50 on it. Juulsen was much more disciplined than I expected last game. Although he made a thoughtless play that led directly to a goal against…

but then Cole has been just plain awful for us this series, I’m not sure what the answer is…

Just make sure Cole is never on the ice in the last 5 min of a period or in ot. 

• Haha 1