[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't expect a team than slewfoots, spears nuts, and crosschecks to the head to show any guts. The Oilers are the most cowardly team in the playoffs and Vancouver should hit them into oblivion, starting with their gutless captain. 

I think Corey Perry will try it. But it’s not like either team have anyone to fear… 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I’m 50/50 on it. Juulsen was much more disciplined than I expected last game. Although he made a thoughtless play that led directly to a goal against…

but then Cole has been just plain awful for us this series, I’m not sure what the answer is…

Friedman lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m 50/50 on it. Juulsen was much more disciplined than I expected last game. Although he made a thoughtless play that led directly to a goal against…

but then Cole has been just plain awful for us this series, I’m not sure what the answer is…

Just no faith in Cole. Hope I’m wrong. 

Cole should ‘be better’. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't expect a team than slewfoots, spears nuts, and crosschecks to the head to show any guts. The Oilers are the most cowardly team in the playoffs and Vancouver should hit them into oblivion, starting with their gutless captain. 

thats why theyre the only team i couldnt stomach a loss to

anyone else, fine, fairplay, house money and all

but not the oilers, we have to end their season simply because theyre a steaming turd in every single way

ill never have any respect for teams that sacrifice their morals and sign people like kane and perry just b/c they get the douchebag discount

fk them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Cole should ‘be better’. 

He should be. He was making smart plays most of the year and had a good series against Nashville. I can’t figure out what’s going on with him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Blue said:

That wasn't Silovs. It was Desmith. And it's totally different for a goalie.

Im ok with it but wouldn't do it myself 

Thanks for the correction. I had it in my mind it was Silovs who got scored on early after having been chanted at by our home crowd.

33 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Home crowd can't be nervous and quiet tonight. The Canucks need them to carry the team for 60, like a wave. Go Canucks Go!

That's exactly what Tocchet said: no passengers, no pause in your game.

(I think the home crowd has been great this postseason. They should be totally pumped tonight.)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

thats why theyre the only team i couldnt stomach a loss to

anyone else, fine, fairplay, house money and all

but not the oilers, we have to end their season simply because theyre a steaming turd in every single way

ill never have any respect for teams that sacrifice their morals and sign people like kane and perry just b/c they get the douchebag discount

fk them. 

Agreed. Nashville was a hard nosed team that played the right way. I respect their team, minus that puke Lauzon and their goofy coach. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Canucks' Nikita Zadorov Sits Down Evander Kane With Hit Into Oilers Bench

Have you seen the way big Z chucks? His punches are really weird, don’t get me wrong. I love the guy, love what he brings and how he hits, but I fought a lot of guys in Jr that we’re much much smaller and could actually punch much harder. 

He should be. He was making smart plays most of the year and had a good series against Nashville. I can’t figure out what’s going on with him. 

Cole has been the most consistent guy where I'm like "oh that's a smart read" to "what the f#*k?!" within like 5 seconds.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

“Let’s Go Petey!” Clap, clap, clappity clap. 

I want nothing more then to see him get dialed in with some confidence and take this series over! We all know he can do it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cole should ‘be better’. 

No time like the present then to be better right ? here's rooting for him to have a solid non-eventful ( unless annihilating an Oiler with a hit ) game. 

• Like 1

Holy smokes, those are the lines most of us have been wanting for a while. My excitement level just went way up. Adding in Hogz and Podz makes our forecheck so much better. Add in the fans, and proper lineman’s for Petey, Edmonton is in trouble…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Here's hoping that everyone plays as hard tonight as Garland did in game 4.  Also, I hope McJesus is hit so hard that his sternum and spine mate - and that this results in Bettman dying in an apoplectic fit.  Kane is caught betting that this event would happen, but also was the one delivering the hit to McJesus and ends up in jail.

Edited by Foamys Ghost

Posted (edited)

One doesn't have to be an NHL level coach to understand things, lot of hockey fans nowadays are pretty keyed in 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Home crowd can't be nervous and quiet tonight. The Canucks need them to carry the team for 60, like a wave. Go Canucks Go!

All good - Deb is packing in an amplifier for her cowbell....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Have you seen the way big Z chucks? His punches are really weird, don’t get me wrong. I love the guy, love what he brings and how he hits, but I fought a lot of guys in Jr that we’re much much smaller and could actually punch much harder. 

So, you've taken a punch from Zadorov to gauge how hard he punches?

I was speaking to his general game, which does definitely affect how the Coilers have entered the zone when he's on the ice. I doubt there will be a fight at all. Perry won't chuck them with Zadorov, and well, Kane prefers sparring with women, so that's out. Deharnais prefers pushing around players half his size. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Thank you Toch. MIk needs a freaking wake up call if that is even still possible. I was so hoping he would "heat up" for the playoffs after having ample time to recover from his knee surgey 18 months ago.

We'll need Mik's speed against Dallas or Colorado  -  both are high octane speed teams

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

The Dak-Blu-Gar line

How 'bout "The Blue Dagger Line"  (Blu-Dak-Gar")?

Stick It In!

image.jpeg.b839e8a2a23cfa6b532d74ca586dd79b.jpeg Bonus artwork by Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart)

Crepe and Black Lamps, 1986, oil on canvas, 58 1/4 x 48".

Rip it off, wrap it up, and stick it in - The Fugs are in the Spoiler:

Spoiler