[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Im old enough to remember Miller struggling so hard at center, he got moved to the wing

then he built himself back up to 2x the center he was before

That's what it takes. Need to embrace the struggle, step out when necessary, and stay at it.

It's like Tocchet says, embrace the uncomfortable, and don't give up. 

Miller is an excellent leader and example of working through obstacles to become even better. Our young guys are lucky to learn from him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

he made one bad mistake; Cole is gassed and a comedy of errors. Juulsen's one mistake is coachable; a big hit isn't worth the risk.

He got badly outmanoeuvred by Forsberg on a play that led to a goal in the Nashville series. And those plays stick in your mind, because every game, it seems, is decided by one goal. 

But I'm not saying he shouldn't be in--I'm just saying I think it's a tough call. 

Petey is getting grilled right now. Snet article asking if canucks are regretting the extension. I know part of it is on him but his linemates arent helping either. Hopefully lindholm centering him and hogs will spark something.

• Tank 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

I doubt it.  Perry is a pussy a train ran through.

prr.0.gif

Careful, did you just see that OHL player got suspended 5 games for calling a player who threatened him a pussy? This world is so soft now it’s insane. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1
  • Wiener 1

19 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Need to feed off the crowd's energy at the start of the game till the final buzzer.  - forget about  feeling nervous - this is crunch time now...  Hopefully we get ALL 19 players (including goalie) have their best game of the playoffs.  We will need all hands on deck to beat this team.

R12_IRT_no_passengers.gif

• Like 2

Just saw the lineup, this is fantastic. Great moves by the coaching staff. I said Canucks in 6, I said last game was Oilers last win. This lineup will see that through and dummy the SOSOilers. Petey will go nuts tonight 3 points for him. Podzilla will knock Drai, McDs and the rest bask to the oil sands. This is The Stanley Cup lineup, with Demko back next round this will be OUR YEAR! We are blue we are white we are f***n DYNAMITE VAAAANNNCCOOOUUUVVERRRRRR

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

find the money!

I mean, it would be a fatal mistake to the team's aspirations for a championship if they allow this absolute beast to walk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, VanOriginal said:

Just saw the lineup, this is fantastic. Great moves by the coaching staff. I said Canucks in 6, I said last game was Oilers last win. This lineup will see that through and dummy the SOSOilers. Petey will go nuts tonight 3 points for him. Podzilla will knock Drai, McDs and the rest bask to the oil sands. This is The Stanley Cup lineup, with Demko back next round this will be OUR YEAR! We are blue we are white we are f***n DYNAMITE VAAAANNNCCOOOUUUVVERRRRRR

8k1C.gif

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Careful, did you just see that OHL player got suspended 5 games for calling a player who threatened him a pussy? This world is so soft now it’s insane. 

Canada is know as very liberal country and if I were still playing, at the Richmond ice Center, I wouldn't hesitate to call someone a pussy! It's has loquacious meanings.

kitten-cat.gif

Edited by Rip The Mesh

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

I took a look at the buy out calculator too.  I highly doubt the Canucks want to have both OEL and Mik on the books, but if they did go that route next summer would be the time do it (2 years under 2 mill).

I wonder if he gets the tough love approach this summer like Boeser did, and with a healthy ACL works his ass off.  Or he just gets moved somehow someway….

Something to re-vist later for sure

Mikeyev won't need a freaking buyout. Bouvillire got traded twice for a 5th round pick. Teams like Chicago need players like him 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

There's a lot of gatekeeping on this site when people try to have real, objective discussions etc.  but man, I see a lot of those people first in line to absolutely trash individual Canucks.  

I might criticize the play if the team, or even question a player or two, but I'd never just outright trash a player on the team I cheer for.

No you just rule the team out of winning the division cause the Oilers are clearly running away with it 13 pts back. and Nashville has the upper hand being down 3-2 🤣

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Mikeyev won't need a freaking buyout. Bouvillire got traded twice for a 5th round pick. Teams like Chicago need players like him 

Someone would take him for future considerations.

I'd even stomach $1.5 million retained. That's $3.25 million off the books.