[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Someone would take him for future considerations.

I'd even stomach $1.5 million retained. That's $3.25 million off the books.

We will be able to trade him for assets like a 5th. We'd be able to get more if we started retaining. But retention spots are worth more elsewhere.

Or a struggling defensman who in the same range. This fanbase gets so down on struggling players , it's insane. 

Mikheyev played on our top line for a year and a half and hardly a bad word was said about him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’d like to see them play they way that won the division speed ,shots ,heavy forecheck ,hard hits 

we beat Edmonton easy playing that way their d and goaltending a total trash

I’m just not a fan of the dump retreat hockey we’ve been playing.

Nucks are better team just not the way we are currently playing with this no shots all defence all the time mentality. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Petey is getting grilled right now. Snet article asking if canucks are regretting the extension. I know part of it is on him but his linemates arent helping either. Hopefully lindholm centering him and hogs will spark something.

Snet always cutting in.  Can't stand that The West Is The Best!

Suck it SN!  And give us our regular TV guys!

We shouldn't have to listen to Trana and Alberta homers do our games.

WTF!!  They are so butt-hurt.  It is shameful.

Shame SportsNet!  Shame!

Get on the right thing. - Sir Paul

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Petey is getting grilled right now. Snet article asking if canucks are regretting the extension. I know part of it is on him but his linemates arent helping either. Hopefully lindholm centering him and hogs will spark something.

We need a Mad As Hell emoji.

help-stuck.gif

Let me out!  Let me out!

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i just cant imagine management moving on from lindholm after these playoffs. hard to imagine them passing up on re-signing zadorov too. 

they paid a fortune for hronek, so i imagine he gets re-signed

all that said, we basically cant keep everyone we wanna keep without a mikheyev buyout. or maybe some trade wizardry. wonder if we can trick the islanders or senators again? both of them seem willing to be fleeced by us from time to time

Keep Zads, Lindholm and Joshua, trade Hronek for a pick. Can’t afford all 4 and no one will take Mik without a high pick we can’t afford to give up (especially as we have no first, second and possibly 3rd this year).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Careful, did you just see that OHL player got suspended 5 games for calling a player who threatened him a pussy? This world is so soft now it’s insane. 

Soft pussy; nice pussy.

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

30 shots on net would be a nice metric. feels like forever we hit that mark but maybe i'm just misremembering. 

Shots is nice, but there's only two numbers I care about.  Goals for and goals against.  As long as the Canucks manage more of the former than the latter, I'm happy.  I don't care if we have 4 shots for and 60 shots against if we have 4 goals for and three goals against.

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

the lord of the rings GIF

That looks a lot like..  wait for it..

Ian Cole!

Take that haters.

And, can we quit trading everyone while we're in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!?!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Combover said:

I’d like to see them play they way that won the division speed ,shots ,heavy forecheck ,hard hits 

we beat Edmonton easy playing that way their d and goaltending a total trash

I’m just not a fan of the dump retreat hockey we’ve been playing.

Nucks are better team just not the way we are currently playing with this no shots all defence all the time mentality. 

It is easier to do when we have last change; plus we don't get stuck with the wrong guys on defense.

May you be completely satisfied with their performance tonight.

- Thai Massage Parlor Motto

• Upvote 1

Well, that's it for my pre-game skate.

Time to hit the showers.

Hold the fort Knuckleheads.

I'll be right back; even before you can say,

"Connor McDavid is a stinky pussy!"

And, "Leon Draisaitl is the odorous orifice right next to it".

• Like 1