[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

It would change our entire outlook if he got going.  

If Pettersson found his potential tonight and moving forward he would arguably be the greatest clutch player we’ve had. He’ll be loved for eternity in this city. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Canada is know as very liberal country and if I were still playing, at the Richmond ice Center, I wouldn't hesitate to call someone a pussy! It's has loquacious meanings.

Ah yes ...

image.png.b5b320f8fd65baeefc6f8f1ac9aabc86.png

8 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Petey isn't injured. There is zero evidence to indicate he is injured

It's just an excuse people keep bringing up because they can't admit that he has regressed considerably over the last 3 and a half months.

I get it though. Really scary thought to come to terms with consider the dollar and length of the new contract.

The injury logic is a massive stretch: Tocchet, knowing Pettersson is injured, puts him in Game 82, and then in the playoffs puts him on PK and faceoffs, then calls him out in the media saying he needs to get going.

And this injury would have to go back to the All Star break, where he competed in the hardest shot competition, and after which he might have taken one maintenance day in total.

Not saying it's impossible, but hard to see.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, NHLer said:

Just thinking what a historic year this has been: 

• Pacific Division Champions
  • Norris finalist (likely winner)
  • Jack Adams finalist (likely winner) 
  • Vezina finalist
  • Lady Byng finalist
  • 6 All Star Players 

What a first season with Quinn as captain. 

I have begun thinking about this alot, like I hope and think that Alvin and Rutherford are seeing the EXACT pieces that are needed to push this team over the top. You have to assume that this run has answered a TON of questions the Brass has had about this team and what is needed in the offseason, but until than were still alive and have games to focus on. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

If Pettersson found his potential tonight and moving forward he would arguably be the greatest clutch player we’ve had. He’ll be loved for eternity in this city. 

Everyone knows that he’s capable and that’s why it’s being talked about so much!
Let’s go Petey!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

from the bottom of my heart, i genuinely hope mcdavid and draisaitl both have the most painful, the most explosive, the spiciest diahrrea ever experienced. 

Or, as Sir Nick Faldo once famously said ...

" From the heart of my bottom"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Agkr3w said:

I have begun thinking about this alot, like I hope and think that Alvin and Rutherford are seeing the EXACT pieces that are needed to push this team over the top. You have to assume that this run has answered a TON of questions the Brass has had about this team and what is needed in the offseason, but until than were still alive and have games to focus on. 

What do you think we need? 

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

:3 hours ago, Darius said

Petey on the wing, love it.  Reminds me of his very first goal, gliding down the wing full speed and snipes it top corner in that Calgary 

But he did play center that first game, between Eriksson and Goldobin

Their play rubbed off on him. 😉

• Haha 1

Some saying it might be Petey's wrist, but I doubt that, because he's still taking shots and faceoffs. I'm sure he's banged up, but he needs to toughen up.

Tocchet's not going to feel sorry for a player with some aches and pains in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

1. Agree completely that the Canucks won't want both OEL and Mik on longlasting buyouts.

2. It would be better to trade Mik for future considerations with money retained (if necessary). Whatever it takes would be less than the cost of a buyout and I am not sure it would take anything.

3. Mik has been disappointing but it is still kind of shock to see him in press box instead of on the 4th line. Saying that PDG and Podz are better than Mik is an amazing statement. Maybe the plan is to give him some shock therapy by taking him out for a game and then putting him back in.

There is some possibility that the recovery from injury and surgery is not complete. The Canucks might prefer to let him continue to rehab over the summer and see how he looks to start next year.

At this point I'd put you in over Mik.

• Haha 3

I do like Pettersson on the wing more than at center. I wonder why they didn't try this in the regular season, when they had Lindholm on Pettersson's wing. I hope this works...

Which two lines will be matching up against the McDavid and Draisaitl lines? I'm assuming Miller's and Blueger's?

5 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

The injury logic is a massive stretch: Tocchet, knowing Pettersson is injured, puts him in Game 82, and then in the playoffs puts him on PK and faceoffs, then calls him out in the media saying he needs to get going.

And this injury would have to go back to the All Star break, where he competed in the hardest shot competition, and after which he might have taken one maintenance day in total.

Not saying it's impossible, but hard to see.

Maybe that's where he picked up the Covid.. the ASG.

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

1. Agree completely that the Canucks won't want both OEL and Mik on longlasting buyouts.

2. It would be better to trade Mik for future considerations with money retained (if necessary). Whatever it takes would be less than the cost of a buyout and I am not sure it would take anything.

3. Mik has been disappointing but it is still kind of shock to see him in press box instead of on the 4th line. Saying that PDG and Podz are better than Mik is an amazing statement. Maybe the plan is to give him some shock therapy by taking him out for a game and then putting him back in.

There is some possibility that the recovery from injury and surgery is not complete. The Canucks might prefer to let him continue to rehab over the summer and see how he looks to start next year.

Thing is, Mik was playing better at the beginning of the year.  Since then his skating has actually improved, but his hands have gone, entirely.  His knee injury doesn't explain that but it is something that happens to some players on their way out of the league.  I don't see his hands coming back. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Some saying it might be Petey's wrist, but I doubt that, because he's still taking shots and faceoffs. I'm sure he's banged up, but he needs to toughen up.

Tocchet's not going to feel sorry for a player with some aches and pains in the playoffs. 

I'm banged up and I work in an office.

Suck it up

30 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

The guy I the middle is at game, DOH!, with me but the other the one on the right is as well apparently ... tracking him down if so .... anyone know who he is, LoLIMG_1901.thumb.jpg.84ccae0605476ddaf97a8963dccac60f.jpg

Yes, I know it is Ole Dave ... guesses on the ex-Canuck on the left? Double portion of the winning ticket prize for the first one to guess right.

Ole Dave was the first player i had seen throw a opposing player into the bench.   

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

That is the guy on the right yes Dave Babych. Question was the other ex-Canuck on the left. Any guesses ?

Hint, he played D.

When I first started working as an estimator for a renovation company they were in the middle of a Reno for Dave and he used to pop by and hang out with the owner in the showroom every so often. Nice guy.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I'm banged up and I work in an office.

Suck it up

I’m banged up, tired and sore and still my wife expects me to put out. No excuses Petey.

• Haha 3