[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

This quote from Petey is concerning. The question," what has changed in the last 3 months? Petey replied

" great question". Asked Petey" anything more" Petey responds " NO".

Something is seriously out of sync.

We have all tried to assume what's wrong , hoping it's not more than we all assume. My fear is along substance abuse. Legal or not.

During his interview Petey was there but not.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, snowman955 said:

This quote from Petey is concerning. The question," what has changed in the last 3 months? Petey replied

" great question". Asked Petey" anything more" Petey responds " NO".

Something is seriously out of sync.

We have all tried to assume what's wrong , hoping it's not more than we all assume. My fear is along substance abuse. Legal or not.

During his interview Petey was there but not.

Maybe he's developed a Pepsi/Banana addiction?

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

People still dont realize when the other team's entering the 3rd period up 2-0 their gameplan is actually to hang back and box us out. So we playing the majority of the time in their offensive zone doesn't mean we played well. 

True, similar to the way the Canucks defend.  The intensity is part of it though. The Canucks didn't seem to be able to match Edmonton's for a lot of that game.

18 minutes ago, Reg said:

Wednesday night on Edmonton's sports radio talk show they are discussing how the Oilers will match up against Dallas, Time to bring them back to reality.

I still haven't given up on Colorado - they still have some life.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe he's developed a Pepsi/Banana addiction?

Maybe he really wanted to wait until end of year to negotiate contract and felt forced to do so with the trade rumours. Thing is we'll never know what issue is but it needs to be fixed one way or another 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

As much as I have grown to hate the Oilers over the course of this series, I’m feeling ever so thankful we get such incredibly exciting hockey in mid May. It’s been a long time coming, and I hope the Canucks bring it in Game 5.

dear lord baby cheesus

please give us these next 2 games

give us an epic meltdown from the media and oilers fans alike

give us a giant temper tantrum from dryeron-my-cycle and mccrybaby

i dont ask for much

but i ask for this

dear lord baby cheesus

amen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NHLer said:

Just thinking what a historic year this has been: 

• Pacific Division Champions
  • Norris finalist (likely winner)
  • Jack Adams finalist (likely winner) 
  • Vezina finalist
  • Lady Byng finalist
  • 6 All Star Players 

What a first season with Quinn as captain. 

and it ain’t over

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

People still dont realize when the other team's entering the 3rd period up 2-0 their gameplan is actually to hang back and box us out. So we playing the majority of the time in their offensive zone doesn't mean we played well. 

This is on point, I get it that stats count but so does puck possession ..no shot's a bad shot , remember? , The Coil brought it to us and we couldn't keep up a lot of the time.