[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

23 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Hoglander

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Bains-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I wanna see

i think its time to sit mikheyev. and definitely time to sit lafferty. 

We have a losing record with Bains..Love the guy but NO. We need more pucks to the net, Honestly been a struggle for us..Mik kinda does that but can't score, He needs to pass it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Iceduzit said:

Lol he’s not using. Relax 

What other ailment has everyone missed. Assuming your aware of the issue he has. 

I merely brought out something we here never brought up. 

Relax = no idea.

Relax = 11.6 investment.

Opinions are just an assumption nothing more. Have a nice day.

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

We have a losing record with Bains..Love the guy but NO. We need more pucks to the net, Honestly been a struggle for us..Mik kinda does that but can't score, He needs to pass it.

bains is a gifted playmaker and has a great motor. and he closed out his ahl season really strong. 

6 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

You realize Bains and Karlsson are the two best offensive weapons that Abby has right?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Hoglander

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Bains-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I wanna see

3rd line got us to where we are. 4th line were tops in the ahl. No harm in your assessment. Sitting those 2 are a long time coming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

You realize Bains and Karlsson are the two best offensive weapons that Abby has right?

Mid 2nd rnd , NHL playoffs are a different animal brah! Rather have experience .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Mid 2nd rnd , NHL playoffs are a different animal brah! Rather have experience .

I'm not advocating, just saying as far as players from Abby go, bains and karlsson are the top

• Cheers 2

I think moving Petey to the wing is the answer, Blueger for 3rd line center and Suter or Aman can play 4C. Petey has not been a good center all season and all his success came playing wing. He's just not strong enough right now to take that responsibility. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

It’s best for all that I don’t give a shit about this team or game…  

Seriously tho… it’s a thing…

whenever I get jacked up, excited, expectant, hyper, over confident, hopeful, presumptuous, they lose…

so with that in mind here is my official statement concerning game 5 between the Oilers and the Canucks…

”I don’t give a shit - it doesn’t matter to me - I’ve got better things to think about”

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

I’m doing you guys a favour…

This is what is best…

I swear that is so fuckin' true..last game I hung around and hung around and....waiting for the game to start, So unproductive! Tomorrow I will work hard and go about my buss until game time! No checking the clock and no expectations......yet here I am..That will change OK!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Hoglander

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Bains-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I wanna see

Not too shabby…👍

But if it wasn’t for,

Joshua Lindholm Garland, 

I don’t think we’d be playing right now.

It’s a conundrum, to change lines right now…that sounds like a desperation move,

I’m a realist, things do have to change…but. Boys have to play better regardless. 

EP40 is paid and has the capability to drive a line, no matter who his wingers are.

Bottom line is that the boys have to play better, we are averaging 19 shots per game in these playoffs. We just made history with the least shots on net so far…in the playoffs throughout round two currently…

Edited by The Aquaman

Posted (edited)

The Oilers & their fans are so unlikable. If they happen to make the final the country will turn on them just like we faced in 2011.

It's been interesting this series, when the Oilers lose there's always an excuse (the Canucks did nothing right), and when the Oilers win well, the cup should already be half engraved.

After game 3 their market was clamouring for McD/Draisaitl to be separated b/c their depth players were failing against the Canucks, but then they win when McDrai is separated & it turns out the whole team had actually been dominating us all along.

Spector writes that hit piece on our market, then the EDM market proceeds to cry bloody murder after McD starts a scrum post-game & of course the league steps in to protect him. 

Excusemonton will never fail to churn reasons for the Oilers failure, and I can't wait to read the new (old) excuse after tomorrows game.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petey-Lindholm-Hoglander

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Bains-Aman-Podkolzin

Thats what I wanna see

There's no way we will see 5 changes to the forward group in lines and roster moves.

2-3 Max.

Coach pretty much said he wont be splitting our top two lines up.

I am with you though I want to see Lindholm and Petey reunited and Hoglander put on the fourth line:

ButI have a feeling we could see this:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG-Petey-Lekkerimaki

Hoglander-Blueger-Mikehyev

He cant really mess with our two match up lines vs Mcdavid and Leon.

PDG is good on the forecheck and on the wall. Since Mik has been to soft on the forecheck his speed has been useless so maybe fourth Line deployment for Mik with Hoglander Blueger can really simplify things for him. Hoglander can play 10 Minutes of wrecking ball hockey maybe get a forechecking goal on Pickard, someone hes scored on before.

PDG-Petey-Lekkeriamki Deployment can be sheltered to offensive zone softer starts and MCleod matchups as we have the home line change adv

Petey can also be doubled situationally with other lines if we were to load up at times.

It sounds crazy because I dont know if JL has th strength, pace, details to play NHL hockey let alone play off hockey. But a few things are certain..

The team is high on him, he did get a NA taste, he does have a higher skill profile then another option available and he does have an NHL shot.

He could provide an offensive boost for Petey playing on adrenaline.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT BED TIME

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG-Petey-Lekkerimaki

Hoglander-Blueger-Mikehyev

I like this. I'm a bit bias because I'm super excited about Lekkerimaki playing with Petey, I'd hope that work if they do try it.

For all this talk about linemates, has anyone asked who he's playing against? Is he being asked matchup  against McDavid or Draisaitl? Is Edmonton putting their top defensive pair out against him?

5 hours ago, snowman955 said:

This quote from Petey is concerning. The question," what has changed in the last 3 months? Petey replied

" great question". Asked Petey" anything more" Petey responds " NO".

Something is seriously out of sync.

We have all tried to assume what's wrong , hoping it's not more than we all assume. My fear is along substance abuse. Legal or not.

During his interview Petey was there but not.

He's sick, dude. I've had the same thing for awhile now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mac said:

bains has sucked when he has played with Vancouver. Not sure why we would put him in now.

I can’t even remember him getting a SOG

• Like 1