[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

I'm concerned, but at the same time, not concerned.

I'm aware RT's voiced that there will be changes. As to what they are? We'll know come game time. I mean, I'm not gonna speculate as to what they could be.

The team knows the position they're in and that they need a better game. So with that, and with nothing else to contribute to the conversation. I say...............

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

:towel::towel::towel::towel:

:towel::towel::towel:

:towel::towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

I’m not attending the game this time, so that means we win.

Banned for the rest of the playoffs, we all have to do our part! 

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Canucks still in it.   Some hard lessons on the way, this group is resilient.   And has to understand now what it's going to take to win a cup.    They are still in it.   Expect some big hits, some big goals and a lot of crying and whining once it's all over.   From the wet blankets and their beloved Draisatl and McDavid.    Took OT and a late goal from then not to get a brooming.    By our 3rd string goalie (who's played well).   In Silovs we trust and Demko is almost ready.   Stretching it out. jean claude van damme GIF

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

True, we need to get Petey going and Mik is a black hole. That was obvious before the TDL and needed to addressed then. 

Secondly, When the third period started last game, I told my father that the Canucks would win 4-2 in reg. He laughed and the Canucks came back. 

60 minutes of effort is the problem and it is a big one. They need to play and blow this game up. 60-minute effort. Not 12 minutes in the third

Interested to see where all the Mikheyev defenders are. No goals in 60 games or something? What good is all that speed without any finish. Management should have found a way to move him before the deadline (would have required sweeteners for sure). How good would a 5M winger look right now on Peteys wing. Toffoli didn’t cost Winnipeg much to acquire…

6 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Not too shabby…👍

But if it wasn’t for,

Joshua Lindholm Garland, 

I don’t think we’d be playing right now.

It’s a conundrum, to change lines right now…that sounds like a desperation move,

I’m a realist, things do have to change…but. Boys have to play better regardless. 

EP40 is paid and has the capability to drive a line, no matter who his wingers are.

Bottom line is that the boys have to play better, we are averaging 19 shots per game in these playoffs. We just made history with the least shots on net so far…in the playoffs throughout round two currently…

this team doesn't prioritize shots. don't expect that to change. tocchet has effectively said he doesn't give a shit about the shot clock. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Swizzey said:

Am I correct in not seeing any hearing, fine, or suspension for Kane’s cross check to Myer’s face?

They didn't even call it a cross check....called it a high stick. Sounds better I guess.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

That's a pretty big reach. I mean, not out of the question but I don't know that it's fair to go there based on speculation and connecting dots.

Petey's never loved interviews and has seemed disconnected in them...mostly because he seems to struggle to find the words in English to describe his thoughts.

I feel for him. His lost confidence is probably his biggest problem right now and he's fighting it.

He knows he ain't playing well. His answers to the media is what we have come to expect from petey. He thinks there questions are stupid He always has. The way he was acting was his norm. The one thing I found interesting is the question about better line mates, he did answer that question saying yes he needs better. When I look at petey though even on the PP he isn't good. I think it's mental and physical. He should hire the world's greatest strength and conditioning coach this off season, he can afford it. That being said PETEY SCORES A HAT TRICK TONIGHT!!!!!!!! GO CANUCKS GO!! 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Captain Hughes said:

He should hire the world's greatest strength and conditioning coach this off season, he can afford it. That being said PETEY SCORES A HAT TRICK TONIGHT!!!!!!!! GO CANUCKS GO!! 

A sports psychologist might also help. 

There's a lot of pressure on him and the mental game can be a huge factor.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Not too shabby…👍

But if it wasn’t for,

Joshua Lindholm Garland, 

I don’t think we’d be playing right now.

It’s a conundrum, to change lines right now…that sounds like a desperation move,

I’m a realist, things do have to change…but. Boys have to play better regardless. 

EP40 is paid and has the capability to drive a line, no matter who his wingers are.

Bottom line is that the boys have to play better, we are averaging 19 shots per game in these playoffs. We just made history with the least shots on net so far…in the playoffs throughout round two currently…

The change that was/is needed is coming tonight; that is, Last Change.

We get it tonight and we get it if it goes to 7 games.

We got a split out of the 2 Edmonton games without even having last change.

Can't wait to see Foote & Gonchar's defence deployment myself.  (Heh, heh.)

Pinhead sends out a whiny bitch forward who's only thinking offense, and:

xiV-jv.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Something tells me these playoffs could be a turning point for Petey in his career. He's struggling big time right now, lost his confidence, overwhelmed physically. Not having any fun. Looks like a rag doll out there at times, tossed around and abused. 

I think this off season Petey cranks it up and we see a bigger, better version of Petey next season. He knows first hand now, what playoffs are all about and what's required to excel and win. This is going to be a huge off season for Petey.

Thing is, I believe his body type is ectomorph (correct me if I'm wrong) and he might have trouble putting on weight/muscle. He can strengthen his core for sure and firm up his muscles but not sure if he'll get a whole lot bigger. When he's in pursuit of a puck he hunches over at the waist alot...maybe a different "stance" could give him better stability? Who knows?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Something tells me these playoffs could be a turning point for Petey in his career. He's struggling big time right now, lost his confidence, overwhelmed physically. Not having any fun. Looks like a rag doll out there at times, tossed around and abused. 

I think this off season Petey cranks it up and we see a bigger, better version of Petey next season. He knows first hand now, what playoffs are all about and what's required to excel and win. This is going to be a huge off season for Petey.

He's a competitor and hates, hates losing. I could definitely see this happening. He also has the Sedins in his corner who went through similar struggles.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

That's a pretty big reach. I mean, not out of the question but I don't know that it's fair to go there based on speculation and connecting dots.

Petey's never loved interviews and has seemed disconnected in them...mostly because he seems to struggle to find the words in English to describe his thoughts.

I feel for him. His lost confidence is probably his biggest problem right now and he's fighting it.

I have no idea. But just looking at his play the past few months. It's a lot more than a mental issue to me.

- His shot has no power.

- He looks to pass not shoot.

- His timing is off.

- When he does shoot he misses the target.

- He seems to have no strength in his core, and falls down real easy.

- Now shies away from contact.

That's not a confidence issue. That's telling me he's playing hurt. Sounds like it's a nagging issue. It's enough he's lost focus, and he has to really concentrate to play. And he can't do things by instinct. Every game I see signs of him turning it around. He goes back next game to being a ghost. Whatever the issue(s) is, I sure hope it gets corrected.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, I believe his body type is ectomorph (correct me if I'm wrong) and he might have trouble putting on weight/muscle. He can strengthen his core for sure and firm up his muscles but not sure if he'll get a whole lot bigger. 

I think EP is similar to Patrick Kane. Both will play as lighter guys. EP being taller will need to work on his stability more. I'm confident in him, he will learn from this and get better 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Petey is frustrated because he’s obviously playing with an injury that is limiting what he can do. Petey is a fabulous player. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1