[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

Not even worried about refs do far. Blueline needs to defend better, less gaps for oilers. Get back to our system, hard to play against without the puck.

Lines looking dangerous, quietly confident they'll score in the 2nd. Ler's go pettey and peakys.

Just now, Goalie Interference said:

@BC_Hawk OK, I've changed my mind--how soon can we swap Juulsen in for Cole? Second period? Is that allowed? 

Not allowed.

Next time dress 7 defence, so you can bench Cole and just play Juulsen.

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Canucks just have to win the series and these awful panel jackasses are gonna have to justify cheering for an American team next round.

Can't wait!

How about we just win a period first. We have not dominated this team once this whole series so far.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

He's so friggin noticable with his mistakes it's hard not to talk about it.

If he costs us another game will Tocc bench him? Juulsen is not that much better though. 

If they lose this game throw D Petey out there for the lulz, can’t do worse that those 2 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

yeah, didn’t look like a trip to me. 

The problem is when you call that soft bogus interference and the soft holding the stick on Hyman, you’ve set the standard that almost anything close to a penalty is a penalty, it’s all about consistency. By the standard of how the game was being called prior, I’d probably say with a lot of confidence that yes that should’ve been a tripping penalty. Zadorov drilling Draisaitl in the back should’ve been called too. 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

It was 100% in the legs bud. Just rewound it. 50/50 on if it was the full on cause. 

I can't tell from the original angle, I'd like to see it from the side or looking at it from the oilers end.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Sometimes the Canucks look unbeatable, and other ties they look like they don't even belong in the 2nd Round. They better clean up that sloppy play with giveaways, or else they'll lose this game. They lose this and I think they're done.

Best of 7...lol. The Canucks could win there and then win game 7.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Of course not you’re the biggest shit officiating apologist ever. 

Watching replays here, I can officially state with the authority of 18,000 rabid refs in the stands that @stawns wouldn't know a missed penalty or blown call if one came up and dished it right into his nards, unless of course it was signing Coilers way.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Canucks should be playing their best game.  Losing this one likely means the end of their season... not sure if that has sunk in for them.

Just now, whcanuck said:

The problem is when you call that soft bogus interference and the soft holding the stick on Hyman, you’ve set the standard that almost anything close to a penalty is a penalty, it’s all about consistency. By the standard of how the game was being called prior, I’d probably say with a lot of confidence that yes that should’ve been a tripping penalty. Zadorov drilling Draisaitl in the back should’ve been called too. 

Oh you won’t get any argument from me on the lack of consistency. It’s been questionable at best. 

30 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Joshua has been called for 3 clean hits this playoffs already that were called

Yes but we can't just let them skate around, because if thats.the case.we're going to lose.