[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, I believe his body type is ectomorph (correct me if I'm wrong) and he might have trouble putting on weight/muscle. He can strengthen his core for sure and firm up his muscles but not sure if he'll get a whole lot bigger. When he's in pursuit of a puck he hunches over at the waist alot...maybe a different "stance" could give him better stability? Who knows?

Definitely an ectomorph

im an ectomorph, but doing a workout routine designed around squats, deadlifts, military press, bench and rows helped me bulk up

but i see his legs as his weak link, hes never been strong on them

crosby are mackinnon are know for their leg and core strength and that is what allows them to be so strong on the puck

petey needs to squat every third day and could put 10 lbs of muscle on over summer. But also needs to do this while working closely with a skating coach so he doesnt lose stride. See Lapierre 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Suter miller boeser

pete lindy podz

josh bluegar garland

laff aman hogs

makes way more sense then anything tocs done so far

1st has been good

Gives pete some guys to play with

Thirst line is proven good

4th line is where hogs thrives and his style doesn't complement petes anyways

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

As one famous and revered Ming Dynasty general once said to rally the troops against the invading Manchurians:

image.thumb.jpeg.6b5a7e8983a9d0ff7bef0bac40f13aa9.jpeg

I know about this guy. He is a general from the Cantonese speaking province leading the defense in the Northern (mostly Mandarin speaking) troops to defend the invading Manchurian. This phrase is a Cantonese phrase that became well-known among the Northern troops because of him.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Interested to see where all the Mikheyev defenders are. No goals in 60 games or something? What good is all that speed without any finish. Management should have found a way to move him before the deadline (would have required sweeteners for sure). How good would a 5M winger look right now on Peteys wing. Toffoli didn’t cost Winnipeg much to acquire…

I'll bite.  

First of all, no goals in 60 is a huge problem however for the rest of this season, he's on the team

He's decent defensively and on the PK, he also manages the puck well and he can get in on the forecheck quickly.  I think he can be deployed on a match up line

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Petey Lindholm Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Lafferty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Stupid idea on their part. Last thing Pettersson needs to hear. Just ask Silovs. 

That wasn't Silovs. It was Desmith. And it's totally different for a goalie.

Im ok with it but wouldn't do it myself 

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

That's a pretty big reach. I mean, not out of the question but I don't know that it's fair to go there based on speculation and connecting dots.

Petey's never loved interviews and has seemed disconnected in them...mostly because he seems to struggle to find the words in English to describe his thoughts.

I feel for him. His lost confidence is probably his biggest problem right now and he's fighting it.

Yet I would not be surprised at all to see him pot a goal and get an assist tonight!

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Something tells me these playoffs could be a turning point for Petey in his career. He's struggling big time right now, lost his confidence, overwhelmed physically. Not having any fun. Looks like a rag doll out there at times, tossed around and abused. 

I think this off season Petey cranks it up and we see a bigger, better version of Petey next season. He knows first hand now, what playoffs are all about and what's required to excel and win. This is going to be a huge off season for Petey.

This was being discussed as well prior to the playoffs... its all a learning curve...

A lot of these players aren't battle hardened play offs performers one of the problems not qualifying year after year....

They are learning now. Where ever it takes them, nobody know, but the lessons learned can't be gained any other way. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

What makes you think that will change?  

Haven’t seen the Canucks play up to their full potential in about 2 months now. And if they don’t wake up soon, they’ll be gone. If Edmonton doesn’t beat us, this is probably it for them… and they realize it… so don’t expect them to roll over and die either. We NEED our real team to show up these next 3!

We can beat them if just Hughs has one elite game. Or just Petterson. Or if Miller has one of his multi point games.

30 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

What if he has something like long Covid?

What was the justification for him playing that last regular season game which had zero meaning?  If he wasn't 100%, zero reason for him playing that game.  None.

Imho.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

one of the only times i've agreed with Paul Stewart... this week he stated that the War room in Toronto officials should be listed on the game sheets. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

O'Rourke doesn't have a good track record.  Hopefully it's made clear to him that conducting himself like a professional is actually a requirement for this game.

Just now, King Heffy said:

O'Rourke doesn't have a good track record.  Hopefully it's made clear to him that conducting himself like a professional is actually a requirement for this game.

he's not Sutherland, so I'm happy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Why did they put Pettersson infront of the media to be lambasted.

His problem is confidence so let's help suck any belief he has left out of him.

What a dumb decision.

If Pettersson is that sensitive and frail, that’s his problem. He signed the massive contract and that comes with scrutiny. He needs to deal with that. 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What was the justification for him playing that last regular season game which had zero meaning?  If he wasn't 100%, zero reason for him playing that game.  None.

Imho.

Petey isn't injured. There is zero evidence to indicate he is injured

It's just an excuse people keep bringing up because they can't admit that he has regressed considerably over the last 3 and a half months.

I get it though. Really scary thought to come to terms with consider the dollar and length of the new contract.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Holy craperolla! Petey and the club aren’t going to announce he is playing injured. It’s clear he is though. Jeff Merek mentioned it on 650. We can all see it in his frustration over his limited abilities. 
The Empties know and now so do you. Bow 🙇 

Spot on Alf...

Imagine following:

Petey"yeah I have a problem with a broken rib in my left hand side and my right hand index finger is also broken..."

Have a wild guess when 75% of Oilers will be chasing him with hits....

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Is there a chance we see Skinner again?

If we chase Pickard out of his net tonight, we will see Skinner for game 6. Skinner was their guy that got them all the way through this season, they just wanted to change things up and give him a chance to rest and reset. The moment Pickard falters, we will see Skinner again.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1