[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

Just now, Jaimito said:

Game 6 after Nux beat oils tonight.  

This is what im hoping!  Putting them into a position where both goalies think they are not trusted.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Pettersson is that sensitive and frail, that’s his problem. He signed the massive contract and that comes with scrutiny. He needs to deal with that. 

His problem is also the team's problem. They committed to each other long term. 

The management forced him make a decision to sign it during the season when he explicitly said he wanted to do it after. 

I don't give a fuck about who's feelings are hurt. Certainly not the fans who are butt hurt about it.  He's gotta make a difference and help the team win this series and beyond.  Let's hope he turns it around now and not until next season.  

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

As far as Petey goes; It's OK to be in a shitty mood. Particularly if he was coursed to do an interview he didn't want to. 

It's like; Hey Pete! Your game looks off, or Pete, you have an injury. I wouldn't read anything into it whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What was the justification for him playing that last regular season game which had zero meaning?  If he wasn't 100%, zero reason for him playing that game.  None.

Imho.

F image.jpeg.310b53b0de8bff4cb25f7505d6749a14.jpeg

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sedins had the advantage in that they were already two thirds of a line (the guy riding shotgun just had to take care of the defensive stuff).  Granted, the Sedins didn't each have a 10+ million cap hit.  Bottom line, next season, a guy making that kind of coin shouldn't have any excuses (regardless on who his wingers are).  Elite players should make those players better.

Every star in the league has a legit player on his line. EP doesn't. He did in the past when paired with JT and EP was killing it. Most of this is on EP, but he needs the right skill on his line like every other star does.

Edited by Rekker
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

he also manages the puck well and he can get in on the forecheck quickly.

His forechek has even gone to crap. Mik is quick to get there but is weak sauce once there.

I'd say Lindholm  with Petey

then     JT         with Boeser

that way we have 2 solid lines 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Every star in the league has a legit player on his line. EP doesn't.

Pat Lafontaine had a couple "ham & eggers" on his line during periods of his prime (hence the nickname for his line - the helicopter line [no wings]).

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

F image.jpeg.310b53b0de8bff4cb25f7505d6749a14.jpeg

All I can think of is that if he's injured, it's the type of injury that doesn't get any worse if he played (or better if he didn't).  We've seen that kind of injuries happen to other players so its not like it's without precedent.  Guess we'll find out in the off-season if he requires some kind of surgery (would might've meant his season would've been effectively ended if he had it earlier).  

We need Petey to get to at least halfway to his normal self for this series.  It's like going into a fight with one arm tied behind your back.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

22 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

They'd be crazy to think they could get away with Sutherland again in our barn; the riot would be IN THE ARENA.

Stephane Auger: 

Tim Peel:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/referee-caught-on-open-mic-wanting-to-call-penalty-on-preds-1.5961611 

^^ what a surprise... the other official for that game was Sutherland

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I know about this guy. He is a general from the Cantonese speaking province leading the defense in the Northern (mostly Mandarin speaking) troops to defend the invading Manchurian. This phrase is a Cantonese phrase that became well-known among the Northern troops because of him.

Long live Cantonese! :towel:

14 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Yep that's what i was thinking.  Since we'll have last change tonight i'd like to see Tocchet load up two lines and spend more time in the offensive end.  

Something like:

Garland - JT - Boeser

Petey - Lindholm - Joshua

Hogs - Blueger - Podz    (Garland-Blueger-Joshua lite )

Mikh - Suter - Lafferty

the first two can play 20min each with 10min to each of the bottom two lines. 

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

Yep that's what i was thinking.  Since we'll have last change tonight i'd like to see Tocchet load up two lines and spend more time in the offensive end.  

Something like:

Garland - JT - Boeser

Mikh - Suter - Lafferty

and those bottom 2 lines to hit everything in sight....HARD 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Screw said:

LFG!!!

Hope this is a dominant performance.   My heart could use that.

Yeah, how nice it would be to be able to just sit back and enjoy a BFB (big fuck'n Blowout).

And see BC celebrate:

2 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Something like:

Garland - JT - Boeser

Mikh - Suter - Lafferty

Damn we are deep with Lindholm. We should be able to beat the Oilers 

20 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Also Garland with Joshua.

3 solid lines.

• Like 3

I think the biggest thing is Vancouver’s work ethic. If we can consistently outwork them, I like our chances a lot. If game 4 is repeated where the Oilers are winning puck and corner battles all over the ice, I’m almost certain we won’t win the series. Some may not want to hear it, but the Oilers are the more talented team. BUT, their goaltending and defense are shaky and if we stick to our structure, work our asses off consistently and Silovs continues to play well? I’m almost certain we’ll win