[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

1 minute ago, whcanuck said:

I think the biggest thing is Vancouver’s work ethic. If we can consistently outwork them, I like our chances a lot. If game 4 is repeated where the Oilers are winning puck and corner battles all over the ice, I’m almost certain we won’t win the series. Some may not want to hear it, but the Oilers are the more talented team. BUT, their goaltending and defense are shaky and if we stick to our structure, work our asses off consistently and Silovs continues to play well? I’m almost certain we’ll win

Vancouver is a deeper team. 

It isn't a big revelation that Edm has more top end talent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I'll bite.  

First of all, no goals in 60 is a huge problem however for the rest of this season, he's on the team

He's decent defensively and on the PK, he also manages the puck well and he can get in on the forecheck quickly.  I think he can be deployed on a match up line

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Petey Lindholm Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Lafferty

This right here is probably the best line up. We should be using it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Vancouver is a deeper team. 

It isn't a big revelation that Edm has more top end talent 

Yep the difference this series is Drasitle showed up and Petey didn't but our depth got us to this point anyways. 

58 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he's not Sutherland, so I'm happy. 

Hate to reign on your parade but Canucks are 1-4-0 when O’Rourke Refs this year.

But one positive is that the home team wins in 73% of the games he refs.

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I'd say Lindholm  with Petey

then     JT         with Boeser

then Joshua with Garland

that way we have 3 solid lines 

FTFY

it's funny how much the oiler fans accuse US of being cry babies for blaming the refs for bad/missed calls.

I'd like to know how high they'd scream if some of those missed calls would've been on THEIR players. ie: if a canuck crosschecked Ekholm and drew blood. 

Posted (edited)

Hope they do the Petey chant to start the game. He needs whatever he can get at this point.

Everyone knows if Petey returns even close to form it’s over for the Oilers.

Could you imagine last season if someone told you we’d be 2-2 in the 2nd round this year with Petey being in our top 3 worst players the whole playoffs. 

I don’t even care that Demko is out at this point. I don’t think he’d play much better than Silovs has.

Edited by NucksNation
Spelling
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I'd say Lindholm  with Petey

then     JT         with Boeser

that way we have 2 solid lines 

We have 2 solid lines. That is the issue, we need a third that provides some production. 
‘Most playoff teams can shut down a 2 line team.   Tocch is right not to mess with his top 2 lines other than occasionally sneaking Pettey on for some extra shifts. 
A third scoring line opens things up a lot. We haven’t seen shutdown lines in the NHL for years. 3 scoring lines and a 4th line with PKers that can take some 5v5 shifts is pretty much what successful teams look like now. 

6 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

thought they got rid of Skalbania

didn't his scandal precipitate the Gretzsky trade to LA ?

maybe the Oilers will trade BOTH McD & Drai for multiple picks and prospects to lower the cap hit and do a major reset if they don't win it all this year.

Just curious on the rationale people are using for Petey being injured. He is significantly underperforming for a while now, so most folks are speculating he is injured. But the following players have also been underperforming and no one is speculating injury. They are just pointing fingers. Yet for some reason if Petey isnt producing then he must be injured.

Mik

Lafferty

Hogz

Podz (0 goals in 17? games)

Blueger

Suter

Hronek

DeSmith

PDG

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

That's a pretty big reach. I mean, not out of the question but I don't know that it's fair to go there based on speculation and connecting dots.

Petey's never loved interviews and has seemed disconnected in them...mostly because he seems to struggle to find the words in English to describe his thoughts.

I feel for him. His lost confidence is probably his biggest problem right now and he's fighting it.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but after playing Petey’s interview and discussing it,  Halford and Brough have started a campaign to get the crowd at the game tonight to chant “ Let’s Go Petey” during warmup and before puck drop. They feel strongly that the fans could help get Petey going , they referenced a star Philadelphia basketball player who was struggling and the fans did this and it ended up turning his season/ play around , he later thanked the fans …

Anyone going to the game , this wouldn’t hurt to try and one benefit would be showing the outside Hockey world that the ‘brutal’ Canucks fans are supportive of their team . 

8 hours ago, Canuck-Man said:

I like this. I'm a bit bias because I'm super excited about Lekkerimaki playing with Petey, I'd hope that work if they do try it.

Lekkerimäki played in the AHL like he weighed 130 pounds. Two of those on the same line? 

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Just curious on the rationale people are using for Petey being injured. He is significantly underperforming for a while now, so most folks are speculating he is injured. But the following players have also been underperforming and no one is speculating injury. They are just pointing fingers. Yet for some reason if Petey isnt producing then he must be injured.

Mik

Lafferty

Hogz

Podz (0 goals in 17? games)

Blueger

Suter

Hronek

DeSmith

PDG

I think a certain portion of the fanbase are nervous about the highest paid member of the team being in a funk at the worst time possible and want to rationalize it. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I think whoever wins this game wins the series 

Yup. I found this in a CBS Sports article from a few years ago.

Historically, when a series is tied 2-2, it usually works out pretty well for whichever team wins Game 5. Of all the best-of-seven series that were knotted at two games apiece in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Game 5 winner has gone on to win the set 78.8 percent of the time, taking 205 of the 260 series according to the NHL PR Twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1