Offseason Planning - regardless of outcome

19 hours ago, Goose said:

Guys I wonder if VAN has their eyes on for their FWD group.  They need some righties in their line up they would both fill some needs.

Brandon Duhaime  27 RW 3 x 1.8 

Michael Amadio 28 C 3 x 3.1 

Aim higher. This team needs at least one and probably two 25 goal scorers. Duhaime and Amadio are not the droids we are looking for.

8 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Aim higher. This team needs at least one and probably two 25 goal scorers. Duhaime and Amadio are not the droids we are looking for.

I never said they were too 6 players…..

11 minutes ago, Goose said:

I never said they were too 6 players…..

Exactly, and the team already has all the bottom six guys they need, so why add Duhaime or Amadio? They are unnecessary, but that's just my opinion. Maybe they are better and cheaper than what the team already has but I don't really know.

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Exactly, and the team already has all the bottom six guys they need, so why add Duhaime or Amadio? They are unnecessary, but that's just my opinion. Maybe they are better and cheaper than what the team already has but I don't really know.

Correct.  You dont.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Priority 7: Mikehyev. Can he be moved without taking any money back? Or do we bank on him rebounding and can we make the money work? I would expect management

He was coming on at the end of the season and that may have been noticed, so I think you could find a team to take him on for one that suits the way we like to play.

It's possible.

Ya he is a super toolsy player, has a pretty good reason for the struggles, and there could be a team interested. It’s just the UFA pool this summer has a lot

of middle/bottom 6 winger options that will be had at lower dollar figures.

so as much as I think he is moveable I also think it would be difficult to do it without taking cap back

radio was discussing a mik trade for Kotkaniemi if we can’t sign lindholm. Kinda interesting idea not sure how I feel about it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stawns said:

Joshua was less than a half point a game, let's be realistic here

There more to hockey then points. He was our most physical player on the team plus he was a key penalty killer. A good blend of power and skill.  Meshed with Garland. If we could could lock him up with term at a reasonable dollar why wouldn't it make sense?

7 hours ago, R3aL said:

Ya he is a super toolsy player, has a pretty good reason for the struggles, and there could be a team interested. It’s just the UFA pool this summer has a lot

of middle/bottom 6 winger options that will be had at lower dollar figures.

so as much as I think he is moveable I also think it would be difficult to do it without taking cap back

radio was discussing a mik trade for Kotkaniemi if we can’t sign lindholm. Kinda interesting idea not sure how I feel about it

I heard that too. Bigger deal was Hronek + Mik for Necas + Kotkaniemi 

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard that too. Bigger deal was Hronek + Mik for Necas + Kotkaniemi 

If it turned out that we could only have Hronek for one more year, then how do you view this deal?

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If it turned out that we could only have Hronek for one more year, then how do you view this deal?

I guess it would depend on whether PA can get Lindy signed for a decent number? If he can get Lindy then there is no need for JK. 
Hronek has a lot of value. To get Necas + (Morrow?) for Hronek would be fair. 

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

54 minutes ago, highandinside said:

There more to hockey then points. He was our most physical player on the team plus he was a key penalty killer. A good blend of power and skill.  Meshed with Garland. If we could could lock him up with term at a reasonable dollar why wouldn't it make sense?

I agree completely, but you don't really get paid on intangibles.  Points is, by far, the main metric when determining a big raise.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Necas had an off year, but two years ago he was an 71 point player who is also a much better 200 ft player than people give him credit for.  Unfortunately, he's also going to come with a big price tag.

Still, he's only 25 and has room to develop.  I do like that deal, but it doesn't alleviate cap issues, but does, imo, extend their window.

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess it would depend on whether PA can get Lindy signed for a decent number? If he can get Lindy then there is no need for JK. 
Hronek has a lot of value. To get Necas + (Morrow?) for Hronek would be fair. 

Ok now that sounds like a good plan.

38 minutes ago, stawns said:

Necas had an off year, but two years ago he was an 71 point player who is also a much better 200 ft player than people give him credit for.  Unfortunately, he's also going to come with a big price tag.

Still, he's only 25 and has room to develop.  I do like that deal, but it doesn't alleviate cap issues, but does, imo, extend their window.

Maybe JK is plan b if they can't resign Lindy, and Hronek won't move off 8+?

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe JK is plan b if they can't resign Lindy, and Hronek won't move off 8+?

He's a bit of a risk, but is just turning 24 and he had a solid year last year........ definitely fell off this year, but he's a good 200 ft players who's good in the face off circle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's a bit of a risk, but is just turning 24 and he had a solid year last year........ definitely fell off this year, but he's a good 200 ft players who's good in the face off circle.

I know its popular to crap on him here, but tbh I can see why the Canucks staff might see him as a good longer term fit, he also sometimes plays with an edge too. 

I need someone smarter than me to explain why he wouldn't fit with Tocc. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

And JK plays with bite. He’s no fun to play against. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I know its popular to crap on him here, but tbh I can see why the Canucks staff might see him as a good longer term fit, he also sometimes plays with an edge too. 

If we could get JK and Necas for Hronek and Mik I think fans would be okay with that. 
Wonder if we move Hronek that means we would keep Zadorov? 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And he has a ton of room to grow and develop as well and might be able to move into 2C as Miller starts his decline 

He's also cost controlled for a long time and I think they need some Finns in the lineup too

Edited by stawns

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we could get JK and Necas for Hronek and Mik I think fans would be okay with that. 
Wonder if we move Hronek that means we would keep Zadorov? 

we'd be back to looking for Quinn's partner, but maybe this exchange of players in/out makes us better:

Out: Hronek, Mik

In: JK, Necas, Roy or DeMelo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

And he has a ton of room to grow and develop as well and might be able to move into 2C as Miller starts his decline 

He's also cost controlled for a long time and I think they need some Finns in the lineup too

future nasty 3rd line: Raty, JK, Podz? 

• Vintage 1

Every move effects the next move.  I hope Alvin knows he is playing a summer long poker tournament, bluffing, raising and folding to make the best team he can come September.  There are soooo many moving parts this year.    Gonna be fun to watch.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Every move effects the next move.  I hope Alvin knows he is playing a summer long poker tournament, bluffing, raising and folding to make the best team he can come September.  There are soooo many moving parts this year.    Gonna be fun to watch.  

Be thankful it’s no longer Benning (the moran) making the decisions.