Crowd needs to support / chant EP tonight - let's help him get out of the funk

I posted this in the pre-game thread, but thought it could get more traction if I post as a new topic.  Mods feel free to delete if you wish. 

I've been pretty unimpressed with EP lately and I really didn't like that press conference yesterday.  But it had me wondering if he just needs a shot of energy and support from the crowd?  When the crowd cheers out "J....T.....Milllerrrrrr!!!!", it's pretty uplifting to JT.  What would it take to get Crazy P or whatever his name is to start a chant for EP?  Or one of you attending?  It would be an amazing turnaround for the crowd to support EP and hopefully see him turn things around quickly.

Point being - let's hold off further criticism of him until the summer if we must (me included).  Rather than being a pissy fan group, let's see if we can help pull guys like EP out of the funk.

The chant for JT Miller is fantastic.....I hope the arena can start that for our other players too.  It would be a great addition to the experience and the team.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I posted this in the pre-game thread, but thought it could get more traction if I post as a new topic.  Mods feel free to delete if you wish. 

I've been pretty unimpressed with EP lately and I really didn't like that press conference yesterday.  But it had me wondering if he just needs a shot of energy and support from the crowd?  When the crowd cheers out "J....T.....Milllerrrrrr!!!!", it's pretty uplifting to JT.  What would it take to get Crazy P or whatever his name is to start a chant for EP?  Or one of you attending?  It would be an amazing turnaround for the crowd to support EP and hopefully see him turn things around quickly.

Point being - let's hold off further criticism of him until the summer if we must (me included).  Rather than being a pissy fan group, let's see if we can help pull guys like EP out of the funk.

The chant for JT Miller is fantastic.....I hope the arena can start that for our other players too.  It would be a great addition to the experience and the team.

Couldn't hurt.  Somebody like Petey would probably feed off that energy knowing the fans have his back.

We need him back in this mental state:

image.gif.344c71e92c53541b4fc45ef7e4c08a89.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

"lets go Casey"
didnt end well lol

Worst that can happen here is Petey continues playing the way he has been.

Worst that can happen for a goalie is they let in a weak goal. 

Big difference lol

49 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I love this idea, even just as a message that the fans still support him. Since I’m sure he is probably aware of a lot of the negativity towards him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Was just thinking that. The Miller and Garland chants were after they did something amazing. 

exactly
once Petey starts scoring...we will have something to chant about.
he is already in his own head ...no need for the crowd to put extra pressure on him imo.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Regardless if he scores or if there are chants - after his presser yesterday, I think we fans need to be more supportive of him - his reasons really could be anything so lets not speculate right now.  He is aware he needs to be a bit better -so lets leave it as that. 

IF the Canucks are going to go through, they will only beat Edmonton as a whole - everyone from the goaltender out doing their own ittle part - including possibly fourth line chipping in a much needed goal.

Go Canucks!

Was just thinking that. The Miller and Garland chants were after they did something amazing. 

Correction, the Casey chant didn't start well. He was more than fine when he has been in the net since that moment.

Yes chants came after certain players did something amazing sure, as fans, the people who cheer their team and players on it is completely the right thing to do to get behind players. We know Pettersson is not playing the way he can, nothing more fan-like than cheering him on and chanting his name hoping he does well and maybe giving him something extra to feed off of. 

I find there is far too much negativity around this club and some players regularly even after the season we have and continue to witness and its so very lame and disappointing. I mean come on, rally behind our players, not a hard concept. 

Let's also not try to trade players after losses while we are at it. 

Let's also remember the series is tied 2 - 2, the Canucks or the fans should have zero negativity as they now buckle down on a best of three with home ice advantage against a team that has only won twice against us in 8 meetings this year.

Some people don't respond well to praise/encouragement like this. My daughter HATES it when people praise her, especially in public. This is a nice gesture though and I hope it goes well.

33 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Correction, the Casey chant didn't start well. He was more than fine when he has been in the net since that moment.

Yes chants came after certain players did something amazing sure, as fans, the people who cheer their team and players on it is completely the right thing to do to get behind players. We know Pettersson is not playing the way he can, nothing more fan-like than cheering him on and chanting his name hoping he does well and maybe giving him something extra to feed off of. 

I find there is far too much negativity around this club and some players regularly even after the season we have and continue to witness and its so very lame and disappointing. I mean come on, rally behind our players, not a hard concept. 

Let's also not try to trade players after losses while we are at it. 

Let's also remember the series is tied 2 - 2, the Canucks or the fans should have zero negativity as they now buckle down on a best of three with home ice advantage against a team that has only won twice against us in 8 meetings this year.

Let’s just let the players play. Pettersson has Lindholm and Hoglander. That should help him. 

2 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

"lets go Casey"
didnt end well lol

Different positions, different situations, different players, different egos

lers try it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darius said:

This is being pushed on 650 this morning

Dear God just cure him of his ails already by chanting his name, chant it for like 10 minutes straight, just F'ing do it, we love him, we need him, lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

C'Mon Petey, CMON VAN CITY, show us that there still is magic left in this world 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

did they announce the lines, is that actually happening if so then holy hell have I been waiting for that.

Check the GDT. Hoglander, Podkolzin, PDG in, and Lafferty, Mikeyev, and Karlsson out. 

• Like 1

Let’s just let the players play. Pettersson has Lindholm and Hoglander. That should help him. 

Yes, I wanna see him make quick decisions and not loose the advantage holding onto the puck (use instincts)

Show intensity and want to be the guy (Skate don't Wait)

Need everyone moving, and moving defenders into screens or out of position !

Let's Do This !

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I think chanting "Let's Go Petey!" would come across more that the fans are impatient with him and want him to get going, adding more pressure to perform and make the fans happy.  I would chant after he scores, then hopefully he rides that wave.

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But it doesn't have to be.......we should be doing this randomly.  I've always thought it would be amazing if Roger's sounded more like World Cup with England on the pitch.  If we can support the boys along the way, good stuff.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think chanting "Let's Go Petey!" would come across more that the fans are impatient with him and want him to get going, adding more pressure to perform and make the fans happy.  I would chant after he scores, then hopefully he rides that wave.

Might be waiting until October then....

4 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Probably embarrass him more than help

I don't think so.  He feels alienated right now pardon the pun.  It would show support for him.

Better than the NYR fans that boo at the end of a game when they lose.....after they had the season they've had.

9 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Good idea.  👍

• Like 1