[Rumour] Ehlers is available

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If you can get Lindholm for 7 yes. But doubt we can het him at that price. 
He'll look at Peteys money and want more than $7M AAV...

A team would be gambling REALLY hard if they gave Lindholm closer to $8M+.

He's coming off a 64 point season, and then a 44 point season.  $8M+ = 80+ points.  He's done that once in his 11 year career.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Hronek ++ for Brady Tkachuk.

Pretty please.

He’s a beast, he’s young and their captain. The ++ is at least Lekkerimaki and Willander. Alternatively it’s Petey and Hronek for Tkachuk +

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Winnipeg definitely needs a RHD.  That is probably their biggest need.  I would definitely explore a trade with them to get both Ehlers and Lowry.  Problem is what would it take to re-sign Ehlers?  He's basically a 60-point guy, 25-30 goal scorer.  Could play with Petey on the left hand side.  

prolly closer to what boeser is currently signed for.. if we can get him for 6.5 signed with the cap going up it's not too bad.. he can either play with EP or move up and stack the line with miller.. with boeser entering last year of his contract and god knows what he'll sign or ask for base on his playoff this year and going from a 20+ goal scorer to officially a 40 goal scorer.. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Hronek ++ for Brady Tkachuk.

Pretty please.

Need to add.  Not sure why the Sens do this.  He's their Captain, best player and plays

with a ton of heart.  He would be the perfect player to add to the Canucks though.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Winnipeg definitely needs a RHD.  That is probably their biggest need.  I would definitely explore a trade with them to get both Ehlers and Lowry.  Problem is what would it take to re-sign Ehlers?  He's basically a 60-point guy, 25-30 goal scorer.  Could play with Petey on the left hand side.  

Would LOVE Lowry here!

Would free up Lindholm and get him back into top 6 alongside Petey while also not sacrificing the quality 3C that we’ve gotten used to in Lindholm in that spot. 

Im not so interested in Ehlers simply because of what his next contract might entail, but with Dillon walking too as UFA, I’m certainly hoping that if WPG decides to reconstruct we pursue Lowry. He’d be a great addition to the workhorse mentality that JTM brings and such leadership and grit.

Now that CAR just got bounced I wonder what changes will be happening there too.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HKSR said:

A team would be gambling REALLY hard if they gave Lindholm closer to $8M+.

He's coming off a 64 point season, and then a 44 point season.  $8M+ = 80+ points.  He's done that once in his 11 year career.

What matters most in his case though is his whom else is available in contrast without sacrificing assets to acquire. Lindholm as a UFA is highly desirable and will likely be overpaid if we don’t lock him down first. 

I agree with you on that it’s a gamble over the long haul but it could mean great things for the right team in the short term. Just like us, we’d be seriously lacking in the playoffs if he didn’t show up when he did. 

This lacklustre version of EP scares me a bit. 
Lindholm has relieved that pressure admirably. Other teams will count on that as well and pay for that potential provision.

Edited by RWJC

15 hours ago, RWJC said:

What matters most in his case though is his whom else is available in contrast without sacrificing assets to acquire. Lindholm as a UFA is highly desirable and will likely be overpaid if we don’t lock him down first. 

I agree with you on that it’s a gamble over the long haul but it could mean great things for the right team in the short term. Just like us, we’d be seriously lacking in the playoffs if he didn’t show up when he did. 

This lacklustre version of EP scares me a bit. 
Lindholm has relieved that pressure admirably. Other teams will count on that as well and pay for that potential provision.

Maybe... but I'm not sure a contender would just throw $8M at Lindholm because of his one 80+ point season 3 years ago.  I could absolutely see a $7M to $7.5M deal, which I hope the Canucks would retain him if that is the price.  We don't need another top 6 winger.  We need Lindholm back so Petey can play on the wing.

Let's hope we finish off the Oilers and make the 3rd round.  It'd definitely make Vancouver look like a great destination to play in.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe... but I'm not sure a contender would just throw $8M at Lindholm because of his one 80+ point season 3 years ago.  I could absolutely see a $7M to $7.5M deal, which I hope the Canucks would retain him if that is the price.  We don't need another top 6 winger.  We need Lindholm back so Petey can play on the wing.

Let's hope we finish off the Oilers and make the 3rd round.  It'd definitely make Vancouver look like a great destination to play in.

It wouldnt just be about the 80pt season though, that’s my point. Lindholm has arguably been one of the top 3 players on this team inbreeds of carrying though the playoffs. UFA players are often overpaid based on the “what have you done for me lately” way of negotiation.

on a tangent about $$$, CAR is letting Pesce walk and perhaps Necas will be traded. I just started another thread about it. Hronek for Necas could be negotiated but I really hope we aren’t considering any many major moves with the chemistry we already have.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It wouldnt just be about the 80pt season though, that’s my point. Lindholm has arguably been one of the top 3 players on this team inbreeds of carrying though the playoffs. UFA players are often overpaid based on the “what have you done for me lately” way of negotiation.

on a tangent about $$$, CAR is letting Pesce walk and perhaps Necas will be traded. I just started another thread about it. Hronek for Necas could be negotiated but I really hope we aren’t considering any many major moves with the chemistry we already have.

Yeah I saw your thread on Pesce and Necas.  Necas would be incredible.  The right age range too at only 25yo.  Too bad it'd cost a lot to acquire him.  I'm not on the trade Hronek bandwagon either unless he won't sign for less than $8M AAV or some ridiculous number.

EDIT:  Oh in terms of Lindholm... he's coming off a 44 point regular season.  That TECHNICALLY would have him in the $4.5M to $5M range... but his playoff performance is elevating that... so I have him in the $7M to $7.5M range.

Edited by HKSR
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I saw your thread on Pesce and Necas.  Necas would be incredible.  The right age range too at only 25yo.  Too bad it'd cost a lot to acquire him.  I'm not on the trade Hronek bandwagon either unless he won't sign for less than $8M AAV or some ridiculous number.

EDIT:  Oh in terms of Lindholm... he's coming off a 44 point regular season.  That TECHNICALLY would have him in the $4.5M to $5M range... but his playoff performance is elevating that... so I have him in the $7M to $7.5M range.

I’m with you on those numbers for Hronek. I think long term and buying the majority of his UFA years will cost that little bit more to offset overall comparative salary inflation over his contract duration.