[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Epic post lol

amen to the oilers beating themselves at the pleasure of ourselves …

and if there is one thing you can count on us for - it’s to watch the oilers beat themselves … wait what ? 

Strong is the stupid in that one mmmhmmmmm, strong (best Yoda voice) ... and I think Ole jimboB just got banned, LoL. Nice work @Sharpshooter

Tic Toc us a borderline HoFer, won 3 Stanley Cup, holds the record for Gordie How hattricks with 18, 2 Canada Cups, ...

Edited by Rocket-68

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Even if he truly felt that way, why voice it? Best way to endear yourself to the coaches and your team mates, especially the other goalies.

If any player from Petey on down said something like that, Tic Toc, Foote, etc would have said player out behind the wood shed so fast they would be pulled right out of their skates.

Their entire culture is rotten.  Just look at the way their entire team is allowed to disgrace the sport on a nightly basis with no fear of consequences.  Do you think any actual NHL coach would tolerate that BS, or their captain's outright refusal to play like a man?  This wouldn't be an issue if Edmonton didn't have a locker room cancer wearing the C.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

All hands on deck to Ban Trolls. 

Your Moderating Team are on top of things. 

Thanks for your Reports. 

Oh that's why you're called Sharpshooter 🤯

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 3

If we end up losing this series I’ll be sad but satisfied at the same time. The years go by so fast, every 10 years we get a little window of something to cheer about so enjoy every game. 

2000’s WCE

this window won’t last forever. Hope we keep it going. My expectations are already savagely exceeded. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

image.png.d77b57405023406d6d87001f4cc5f419.png

imagine being this delusional

losing every single game to the canucks in the regular season

finishes behind the canucks in the division

has a losing record against the canucks in this series despite the canucks running with their AHL starting goaltender and their most important star player not producing

"its so frustrating how much better we are than the canucks"

the fuck are they smoking over there

It's because of all the analysts.

If all the so called pros think they are better than the Canucks than obvs they will.

If they have even an above avg PP, instead of the best PP of all time by %, this series is already over.

And I know Arty has been lights out, but you can tell the team had to adjust a bit. They play different in front of Demko,  Arty was an unknown by the Canucks as well.

If they play like they did last night I think it's over and if Demko was in net I think they would have won game 2 as well, that was probably Artys worst game. So the series would also be over in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Would be good for us, but why would Hronek do this?

If it's a choice btw an 8m+ per year for a longer contract that buys more of his ufa years vs a cheaper 1 year arbitration deal, then a 2-3 year bridge contract represents a reasonable compromise with both short-term and long-term upside for hronek. Short-term, it gives him more $$ than a 1 year arbitration deal would. Long-term, it only takes up 1-2 of his ufa years, allowing him to cash in on his next deal at age 28 or 29. It would be a bet on himself; if he thinks he hasn't hit his ceiling yet, then he can sign a more lucrative contract in 2-3 years (with us or another team), especially if the cap continues to go up. 

Edited by syntheticity

You look at every game a little bit different,” Oilers coach Kris Knoblauch said. “There’s games in this series that I felt that we should have won and not coming up with a win and that happens, that’s hockey. We’re playing a good team, so let’s not take for granted that we should be up in this series and it’s going to be easy. Yeah, we’re down 3-2, could easily be up, but we’re in our situation now.”

Edmonton coach said the Oilers could easily be up and should be UP so he refuses to give Canucks any benefit based on his latest interview.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

It sounds like a desperate cry for help. There are a wide range of available help in Canada for people experiencing serious  mental health issues.

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

He should be golfing already if not that officiating by that scumbag  Kelly in the game 2.

Well you just know they are going to have Kelly Sutherland doing game 6 or 7... so brace yourself...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

If it's a choice btw an 8m+ per year for a longer contract that buys more of his ufa years vs a 1 year arbitration deal, then a 2-3 year bridge contract represents a reasonable compromise with possible upside for hronek. Short-term, it gives him more $$ than a 1 year arbitration deal would. Long-term, it only takes up 1-2 of his ufa years, allowing him to cash in on his next deal at age 28 or 29. It would be a bet on himself; if he thinks he hasn't hit his ceiling yet, then he can sign a more lucrative contract in 2-3 years (with us or another team), especially if the cap continues to go up. 

Yeah I get that, my point is, a 2-3 year deal could backfire... If it doesn't according to plan for him, he may not get a good contract at the age of 29... so he'll be looking for a 5-6 year deal with good money now...

He may take a 1 year deal and then be a UFA at the age of 27 , if he only gets offered a 2=3 year deal.

Would be easier for him to get a good deal at 27 than 29... I guess 🙂

I would really appreciate it if somebody could post an updated list of hockey gurus /insiders/media persons predictions, where everybody but one person picked Coilers over Canucks in 4, 5, 6 games?

Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

it must sting, like the nights when Drai has to sleep on the couch when Conner is in one of his moods. 

You know Drai is top in that relationship right? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

If they have even an above avg PP, instead of the best PP of all time by %, this series is already over.

if that was the case, they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

how can you mock someone for being a good husband and father? 

Absolutely. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tocchet told him there are some things that are bigger than hockey and we’ll make sure we’re still in this fight when you get back!

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1