[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

2 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Meh, I don't see it. I'm not a Tocchet fan and I'm not convinced we'll win anything with him as coach. Oilers are beating themselves more than anything. The oilers have way better players and goaltending. And besides, let's not forget Van has never won anything at all. I say cool take this series as a win in the locker room, but I say oilers in 7. 

C67822C4-E082-4950-8B76-6E769FB2E6EE.jpeg

• ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think his right blade left the ice regardless of the referee making his own definition of that rule ..

The basis of “charging” as it applies to that rule is it has to do with “distance travelled by the skater” 

EP  stood still , pivoted, braced himself ..

many players jump when they get hit , you can absorb the velocity of the hit and stay on your feet .

It was a bullsh*t penalty which they made up on the spot...  Foegel was trying to charge EP and had his just deserts given to him.

Leaving the feet is intended to stop players who are moving towards a targeted player from jumping at them.... not for someone who is not moving and trying to be defensive.

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

@RWJC who called it? 

Tocchet is a great coach but he's horrible at lines. Glad he finally used his brain tonight and we dominated the shit out of them! 

Whooooooo!!!!!

This guy ain't eating crow tonight, baby!

He's horrible at lines? Who was it that put together tonight's winning lines? Yup, he's a great coach.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Keep your trash talk to yourself. Let's win something before we trash talk a good team like Edmonton. 

Fuck Edmonton... they suck and dive non stop... bunch of whiny bitches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Poor Oiler's troll job.

I am disappointed. 

But I probably won't be as disappointed as you when Draisaitl walks into FA in 2025. 

Draisaitl may get moved if they can't sign him.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Uh Oh ….   The cracks are showing ..

lol 

is there actual audio? if he said that wow what an absolute douche thing to say

Tonight's win was the first game where I was like damn, the team is dominating and they deserve this win because they were lights out good in all three zones all game long...cough cough cept for Cole. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, jimboB said:

The oilers are Canada's team with 4 Stanley cups and legendary players. They have a storied history. 

So what. Get with the now.

Why rely on shit statements that have no true correlation to the games being played at the moment. Weak position to take. EDM is a strong team but also very flawed when they aren’t playing up to their strengths. Simple as that. If you’re objective then you can support that statement. They aren’t beating themselves, they are just too reliant on a small handful of players to provide offense and not strong enough defensively to make up for it at a deficit. Simple. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

I know everyone says it’s the 2011 cup final but after 30 some odd years of watching this team, no series has been this intense. All down to the last second, the stress is just unmatched. 

These have been epic games. Edmonton brought it last game, and Canucks brought it tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Tonight's win was the first game where I was like damn, the team is dominating and they deserve this win because they were lights out good in all three zones all game long...cough cough cept for Cole. 

One of the more complete games. And how good they can be when firing on all cylinders.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1