[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

23 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I’ve no idea why but some here seem to hate him or his delivery. Go figure. 

For me, he’s the most insightful and entertaining colour guy in the business and I’ve always enjoyed and learned from him and his work from international games and NHL alike. So glad he’s likely with Shorty full time next season. Only wish we had the two of them or even Shorty n Cheech doing all our playoff games

I agree, I hope Ray is full time next season. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Knoblauch says the Oilers have players they can inject into the lineup that can make a difference next game. 

I’m not up on Edmonton’s scratches because their bottom six is already such cat shit.

But who could he possibly be speaking about? Bringing skinner back in haha?!

No Block is overplaying his top six and is now expressing irritation about his bottom six underperforming.

How the hell can a guy make a difference getting three minutes of ice per period? Rigor mortis is setting in for those poor dudes. Edm fourth line got a goal last night, which was nothing short of a miracle. 

The guy who was supposedly outcoaching Tok should look no further than himself when it comes to pointing the finger of blame. Overplaying your stars this early in the playoffs only guarantees that your team will not have the staying power to hoist Lord Stanley’s mug.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Uh Oh ….   The cracks are showing ..

lol 

I had no idea how arrogant Skinner is, but then again, I paid no attention to him whatsoever before now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I had no idea how arrogant Skinner is, but then again, I paid no attention to him whatsoever before now.

That’s not a real report.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You would fall for a clearly parody account lol

• Wiener 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't have called that, but would you agree it had to be the leaving of the feet?

But he had possession of the puck and was standing still, does he not have to be moving to be considered charging. The english definition of the word implies so.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think his right blade left the ice regardless of the referee making his own definition of that rule ..

The basis of “charging” as it applies to that rule is it has to do with “distance travelled by the skater” 

EP  stood still , pivoted, braced himself ..

many players jump when they get hit , you can absorb the velocity of the hit and stay on your feet .

OMG the guy is charging into him, Petey tries to jump out of the way and he gets a penalty for it! Incredible. Who is that ref? New heights of corruption/stupidity/desperation.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

8 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🕵️‍♀️

Les Canadiens say excuse me.....................

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Combover said:

People  trying to justify the terribly stupid /fabricated call on petey.

so every time a player is along the boards and jumps to absorb a hit should now be called standing still charging. the refs were terrible I haven’t heard one plausible defence for that call just excuses.

ive heard a lot of be never seen that call I’ve never heard of that call charging requires travelling 

even ray Ferraro said the officiating was terrible

i guess petey should be called standing bull the only bull in the universe that can charge and hurt people while jumping vertically and standing still…. 

Hope Vancouver is talking with the officials about the oilers diving it’s making the refs look even stupider which seems impossible. 

Fkn loser oilers aren’t winning even with the officials attempting to hand them the game. 

good job Canucks now put these tired over played mcbitches to bed in game 6

From the angle I saw his right blade was still on the ice as well.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

But he had possession of the puck and was standing still, does he not have to be moving to be considered charging. The english definition of the word implies so.

And guys leave their feet a lot to absorb contact. You are 100% correct. It was a terrible call. Anyone who played knows it. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My baby girl is due in October. Could not be more excited. You don't have long to wait now, good luck Odd

Same to u

Admittedly this season has been probably my least watched for as long as I can remember. Haven’t really been active on the forums either. My now wife has had a pretty tough pregnancy and we were also in the midst of both of our jobs laying us off 2 months into her pregnancy which couldn’t come at a worse time.

one thing is be kind to her and make sure you suffocate her with love and support. post partum depression is a serious thing in my wife’s side of the family and one of the best ways to minimize that is to shower them with a ton of energy and support. 

best of luck 🙂

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s the right thing to say there. Should be something like “whoever coach goes with, we’ll be ready. I’ll be prepared to start but that’s the coaches decision and they’ll do what they think is best for the team.” Honestly I can’t see why they’d go back to him, Pickard has definitely been the better goalie for the Oilers this series 

14 minutes ago, Bell said:

Hopefully Colorado wins tonight and forces game 7 in that series and maybe some guys will get knicked up a bit

I honestly like our chances better with the Stars than the Avs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, whcanuck said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s the right thing to say there. Should be something like “whoever coach goes with, we’ll be ready. I’ll be prepared to start but that’s the coaches decision and they’ll do what they think is best for the team.” Honestly I can’t see why they’d go back to him, Pickard has definitely been the better goalie for the Oilers this series 

Apparently it's from a fake account, but damn did they get him right 😆

Knobby is in a really tough spot now tho, do you lose a series with you backup if the starter is healthy?