[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

8 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

I could not sleep last night and I’m completely dysfunctional today lol. Welcome to the playoffs

I feel the same way, but I am off today, so it is OK, will re-watch the game, it is almost long weekend, life is good

Finally finished the game. Stupid wonky Rogers PVR. 
Wow. First the PK. They finally cut the pass to Drais from McDavid driving across the middle.  
Much more effective 4th line tonight.  Like PDG said, their line was getting in deep and winning puck battles.  
Pods was big and fast and solid we need to see him keep developing, he is lab made for Tocchet’s systems.  I hope he stays in the lineup.
Some secondary scoring was huge. 
‘The Lindholm Petterson combo looked good. Wouldn’t mind seeing Tocch sneak Pods into the other wing spot sometimes. 

Heart warming to see the crowd get the Pettey chant going.  
Just not going to get into the refs.  Not going to talk about the reffing anymore unless they throw us Sutherland on Saturday.

I couldn't say it any better than one of their own fans...

'Embarrassing effort for any playoff game, let alone a game 5. Completely outplayed by the Canucks, Miller made us his bitch. Our stars were no shows. Will never again get 5 PP’s, and we screwed the pooch. Too bad for Pickard, only guy who showed up.'

33 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s the right thing to say there. Should be something like “whoever coach goes with, we’ll be ready. I’ll be prepared to start but that’s the coaches decision and they’ll do what they think is best for the team.” Honestly I can’t see why they’d go back to him, Pickard has definitely been the better goalie for the Oilers this series 

I love what skinner says and i love his confidence!  I really really hope the coach listens to him and starts him for game six!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Oilers should go after Cam Talbot in the off season 🤔

Drai for Saros with other pieces added in 

8 hours ago, jimboB said:

I forgot about Messier. So many good players, you forget some legends sometimes. 

Anyway, oilers in 7. Yes I'm an oilers fan. I'm here to disappoint all you canuckleheads. This is Connors year. 

I'll be cheering for Connor during the women's 3M springboard in Paris.  

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dude, weren't you listening, posts aren't good goaltending.

Hogz body language was great there too.  I wonder if he thought he hit the post or if he realized Pickard actually made the save

After sleeping on it last night, the PK success I'm happiest about was absolutely the Pettersson "Charging" kill. I feel like if the Nux get scored on for that it might go to his head... if I'm the coach I tell him 'take that "charging" penalty every single time if guys want to run you like that'.

Petey had one of the biggest 'one way, then the other' bouceback games I've seen in a long while. He did everything he needed to do... he didn't score himself, but he was everywhere and flying.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Win2024 said:

I still say oilers in 7 unfortunately. I'm a canucks guy like everybody else but never count a team with those kinds of players out. 

If you're a Canucks guy, how about you enjoy this win a little, instead of starting a flood of tears... they'll come soon enough, if that is the case... for now enjoy life a little...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll be cheering for Connor during the women's 3M springboard in Paris.  

As patriotic as I am, even then I am not sure I would cheer for Connor 

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wow. First the PK. They finally cut the pass to Drais from McDavid driving across the middle.

How often do we see McDavid carry the puck and dangle around the zone to free up Draisatl?

Us being aggressive on the PK means we will pressure McDavid, who will be forced to unload the puck in awkward positions or else try and feed his buddy Draisatl, but we are now covering him for his one timer. 

Adjustment by EDM will be to have McDavid shoot more.  I'll take that over Draisatl's shot.

All in all, an aggressive PK is what we need on the Oilers PP. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If you're a Canucks guy, how about you enjoy this win a little, instead of starting a flood of tears... they'll come soon enough, if that is the case... for now enjoy life a little...

Honestly, after the game 1 where McDavid and Draisatl looked like absolute garbage, I truly felt like those 2 would come out swinging in the next game... and they did.  The difference this time is that I feel that Tocchet finally has the lines we need for sustained offensive pressure.  These lines are basically what had us atop the league in the 1st half of the season.  Not sure why we got away from that, but here we are.  I'm much more confident going into the next game than I was when Canucks had won game 1 and were heading into game 2.

My prediction is the Canucks finish this tomorrow.  Another tight game, but the waves of offence from us will be too much for the bottom part of the EDM roster.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, jimboB said:

The oilers are Canada's team with 4 Stanley cups and legendary players. They have a storied history. 

Y'all aren't even Alberta's team, let alone Canada. Which is funny, because Alberta is the embarrassing stepchild of the rest of Canada. Canadas team, ha. The only history the Oilers have is being carried by some of the best players who have laced them up. This Oilers team is the epitome of the entire franchise. Babied by the refs due to the league's golden boy who carries a team surrounded by utter incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I could really get use to no commentator hockey. At least once in a while;

Just put more mics at ice level and put a parental control on the channel.  I'd even pay extra for the option.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1