[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I could really get use to no commentator hockey. At least once in a while;

I can't stand the us teams so i mute them. With batch on we played crap, so i switched him off like in game 4 and we played better. 

Miss shorty a lot.

• Cheers 2

I woke up, still feel very happy about the win. Then thought about charging call on Petey and still can't believe it. Seriously, no matter how you spin it, you can maybe call it an interference, but that's not a charge. If NHL is still adamant that was the right call, they better friggin change the rule book cause it has grammar issues. 

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Honestly, after the game 1 where McDavid and Draisatl looked like absolute garbage, I truly felt like those 2 would come out swinging in the next game... and they did.  The difference this time is that I feel that Tocchet finally has the lines we need for sustained offensive pressure.  These lines are basically what had us atop the league in the 1st half of the season.  Not sure why we got away from that, but here we are.  I'm much more confident going into the next game than I was when Canucks had won game 1 and were heading into game 2.

My prediction is the Canucks finish this tomorrow.  Another tight game, but the waves of offence from us will be too much for the bottom part of the EDM roster.

I like that prediction.   Any suggestions for the Lotto-Max numbers tonight?

9 hours ago, jimboB said:

The oilers are Canada's team with 4 Stanley cups and legendary players. They have a storied history. 

The Oilers have won 5 cups not 4. You can’t even troll properly. You should probably spend more time at the mall today. 

• Haha 2

The refs fucked this up no matter how you spin it.  They were going straight to the "jumps into" part of the rules, but failed to acknowledge the key piece of "charging" which is from Paragraph 2: "charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled..."

They completely missed this part of the rule book.  The "jumps into" part of the rule book is only applicable dependent on the distance travelled to cause a violent check. 

Standing still means 0 distance travelled, and therefore cannot be considered charging.  Jumping has absolutely nothing to do with this.

image.png.3ee4c5db3d2b3229b829f772c11bbb8e.png

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

He left his feet so that call is going to be made most times.

See above.  Jumping is not charging.  Charging requires the act of distance travelled.  Jumping in itself is not a penalty.

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I like that prediction.   Any suggestions for the Lotto-Max numbers tonight?

I dunno, I'll think about it.  I'll let you know tomorrow....

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hogz body language was great there too.  I wonder if he thought he hit the post or if he realized Pickard actually made the save

I think it was disbelief 

This team performed so much better last night with;

#1. Pettersson actually looked engaged and interested in being a part of a playoff team. He wasn't perfect, but he looked focused, was shooting and making plays

#2. Hoglander benefitted from a couple of games of watching from the Press box, it reset his game. He was driving the play again in the corners and in front of the net.

#3. Mikheyev sitting in exchange for Podkolzin. Podkolzin was a force out there and added another physical dimension to our overall game.

Overall, the team played like a contender last night for maybe the first time in about 30 to 40 games. They forced the play in all areas including penalty kill. When was the last time that Edmonton went 0 for 5 on the powerplay?

Now, if we could just fix Cole....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't have called that, but would you agree it had to be the leaving of the feet?

What else could it have been? It's not like he took three or more strides to set up that hit.

Kronwall must have been laughing his ass off seeing that call.

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

No Block is overplaying his top six and is now expressing irritation about his bottom six underperforming.

How the hell can a guy make a difference getting three minutes of ice per period? Rigor mortis is setting in for those poor dudes. Edm fourth line got a goal last night, which was nothing short of a miracle. 

The guy who was supposedly outcoaching Tok should look no further than himself when it comes to pointing the finger of blame. Overplaying your stars this early in the playoffs only guarantees that your team will not have the staying power to hoist Lord Stanley’s mug.

their bottom six scored a goal last night.. so did ours. it's a wash. their top guys were invisible last night (save for a mcdavid crossbar that washed with huggys crossbar)

9 hours ago, jimboB said:

Meh, I don't see it. I'm not a Tocchet fan and I'm not convinced we'll win anything with him as coach. Oilers are beating themselves more than anything. The oilers have way better players and goaltending. And besides, let's not forget Van has never won anything at all. I say cool take this series as a win in the locker room, but I say oilers in 7. 

I smell troll....

troll GIF

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On the game winner by JT MILLER! (JT MILLER! JT MILLER... sorry had to...) it's really funny to watch Pickard not even bother to push off, just reaches twice for the puck. Brutal...