[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

I really hope the team stays focused on closing this thing out. As tempting as it is to daydream into the next round, each of these games have been one goal games, and it’s entirely conceivable for the Oilers to win two straight. They’ll be coming out hard, and we’ve seen the refs are prepared to give us zero favours - Saturday night is going to be one mighty test.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Honestly, after the game 1 where McDavid and Draisatl looked like absolute garbage, I truly felt like those 2 would come out swinging in the next game... and they did.  The difference this time is that I feel that Tocchet finally has the lines we need for sustained offensive pressure.  These lines are basically what had us atop the league in the 1st half of the season.  Not sure why we got away from that, but here we are.  I'm much more confident going into the next game than I was when Canucks had won game 1 and were heading into game 2.

My prediction is the Canucks finish this tomorrow.  Another tight game, but the waves of offence from us will be too much for the bottom part of the EDM roster.

I also believe we've broken the camels back... they'll come out swinging, but we will match them. And I think their 2 top players are running low on fuel because of all the minutes played...

However, to day is not really a day for dooms day talk, after such a great performance...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Darius said:

When they attack and forecheck the way they did the oilers flaws get magnified significantly.  The McPowerplay line cant keep up in a game like that with that sort of deployment.  The hits are really adding up on Drai.

4th line was awesome.  Aman is a smart player, Podz on the forecheck hitting everyone, PDG looking like he did at the start of the year.

Tyler Myers looks like a stud out there...every time i see him im thinking, thank goodness Tyler is out there right now.

This wasn't always the case this year, but boy has he been a beast in the post season. I love our 3 towering monsters back there. Soucy, Zaddy and Mysies!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

When they attack and forecheck the way they did the oilers flaws get magnified significantly.  The McPowerplay line cant keep up in a game like that with that sort of deployment.  The hits are really adding up on Drai.

4th line was awesome.  Aman is a smart player, Podz on the forecheck hitting everyone, PDG looking like he did at the start of the year.

Tyler Myers looks like a stud out there...every time i see him im thinking, thank goodness Tyler is out there right now.

He looked like Willie Mitchell with his big reach last night.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Yeah reading the EDM reddit, they admit the Canucks forecheck is their weakness.  They have much more trouble breaking out when the opposition forecheck is strong.  We need to bring the effort to keep up that level of forechecking.  It's the best defence against the Oilers. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

Eliott Friedman mentioned that THAT call or even interference would have made more sense than charging. 

The problem is that Petey still had the puck and just made a pass before reverse hit so that any penalty whether it be interference, elbow, etc. didn't even make any sense at all!  I really hope that someone in authority initiate the investigation on the NHL very soon and expose them for who they really are.  It has been ongoing for decade except that they covered it up very well.  This time, it is not a good look.  It is very obvious.

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

See above.  Jumping is not charging.  Charging requires the act of distance travelled.  Jumping in itself is not a penalty.

Exactly. Players jump all the time to absorb contact. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Really?

I'm ok when he is backing up but when he turns like a freight train I get nervous. His first pass under pressure is still below average.

But you know what? Can't complain right now can I!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Really?

I'm ok when he is backing up but when he turns like a freight train I get nervous. His first pass under pressure is still below average.

But you know what? Can't complain right now can I!!!!!!!

Yup, hes playing arguably the best hockey of his career right now.  Cole...now thats where we can start typing some essays here...😀

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Darius said:

Yup, hes playing arguably the best hockey of his career right now.  Cole...now thats where we can start typing some essays here...😀

He was also pretty solid in the bubble other than a couple of penalties for being too large.

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

The refs can try by making up phantom calls and ignoring all of the Oiler infractions, but the Canucks have something the Oilers don't.  Heart.

Canucks vs the World of Assholes (that includes you, TSN and SN)

Prove the haters wrong! Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Typical Crysaitle crying for a call instead of staying in the play

Edited by Johnny

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

The refs can try by making up phantom calls and ignoring all of the Oiler infractions, but the Canucks have something the Oilers don't.  Heart.

Canucks vs the World of Assholes (that includes you, TSN and SN)

Prove the haters wrong! Go Canucks Go!

Imagine DeSmith publicly bitching about sitting after a loss.  No way that would fly in our room.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Imagine DeSmith publicly bitching about sitting after a loss.  No way that would fly in our room.

Brian Burke would come back to drive him to the airport himself.

• Vintage 1

Hold on for the ride its going to get tougher as winning the 4th game of a series is always the toughest game to win. 

Mc Drai look gassed and its because they have to play so many minutes a game, wearing on them huge and the hits they are taking are starting to take their toll.

It doesnt matter which goalie the Oil put in although Pickard has been their best so far. If the D give up the puck like Bouchard did in front of the net its tough to stop them all.

Miller is keeping the Mc God one under control and Drai has been pasted enough times he is slow and doesnt have enough energy to pick himself up afterwards.

Kane is so focused on complai9ning to the refs and Zadorov he hasnt done much although he did get the opening goal last night.

Our boys keep coming at them. The fourth line looked fresh last night. PDG, Aman Podkolzin had jump and looked faster than the Oilers 4th line. Keep them together. 

The Swedish line looked good and should have had a couple goals. Hog stopped the puck on his post and if he had shot it in one motion theres no way Pickard gets to that.

Petey had one cleared off the line. Much better effort from the 12 million dollar man. Lindy continues to look like the guy we traded for.

The Soucy effect. All we do is win with him in the lineup.

Silovs looks like the future. Demko getting hurt was bad but this kid has played well. Pretty good tandem next season. 

Keep the pressure on them and lets take this in 6

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tocchet would slap the stupid out of said player.

Willie Desjardins would offer said player a hug (re: Prust crying about getting a healthy scratch)

🥸

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1