[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

We have to resign Zadarov, Lindholm, and Joshua!!! They make a huge impact for us!! 

Maybe time to think about trading DemKO(Injury Prone) and getting some good assets back and with Silov's pay we can afford to keep Zadarov, Lindholm, and Joshua!! 

50/50 on Lindholm still, definitely have liked him more in the playoffs but the $7-8M I heard he was interested in that's what's got me 50/50 on it still. Zadorov with Myers contract coming off is a no brainer to resign him, and Joshua is another no brainer him and Garland are a great match.

Demko at $5M is to hard to let go yet imo, yes the injuries suck, but I remember this same issue when Markstrom was here and everyone thought Demko was ready to take over after a good playoff series, he wasn't ready for the workload yet, after seeing that don't want to go through that again, Silovs can be the backup easily and see how he does for a year first.

Edited by Canucks164cup
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Ex NHL referee who has been kissing coiler arse the whole way

None of the oilers are injured. If they were injured, Knoblauch would have come out and said so in the media instead of criticizing his team - at least according to the logic of Edmonton fans who post on here. The only logical conclusion is that they’re underperforming, out coached, and mentally fragile and crumbling before their fans eyes. 

27 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

If go frame by frame it is very clear , that Whiner McDiver could continue to skate (his is the best skater in the world for reason), but he decided to make a jump-dive . I understand, that refs might not get his diving act at the real game speed, but McDiver just embarrassed himself and his team 

The thing is, those sorts of plays get reviewed by the officials and their supervisors....

They won't retroactively punish McDavid, because it's the playoffs....but it should make it more difficult to sell in the next game. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.....

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:
  • Knuckling under
  • Turning the other cheek
  • Trying to be nice
  • Why we're winning
  • Meet it all head on
  • No backing down
  • Push back even harder

s0rJSh.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Kyper and Bourne are mocking PDG for taking leave to be with his wife following what he described as a tough pregnancy - absolutely classless trash 

Seriously? Brutal. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, syntheticity said:

It might be worth exploring a shorter bridge contract, e.g. $6-7m per for 2-3 years, to buy us time for Willander to graduate into the lineup.

Would be good for us, but why would Hronek do this?

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Kyper and Bourne are mocking PDG for taking leave to be with his wife following what he described as a tough pregnancy - absolutely classless trash 

Kyper is a piece of shit who hates the Canucks. I can't watch it. 

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Edmonton media is saying they want Skinner to play game 6.

Is that crazy?

Pickard played better last game than any previous game of Edmonton goaltending.

I mean I understand Skinner can be better.. But are we not excited if Skinner is back in net for game 6?

I’d be excited to play either 

Hughes post 

hogz post 

Lindy - puck cleared off the line 

lots of pucks kicked into slot 

Picard did not look totally comfortable 

Canucks should be watching video of these rebounds and Picard and be salivating 

5 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

For context: Kyper previously said Matthews should have played through his “head issues”. His eggs are scrambled and he provides no insights - just an inflammatory hack 

Consider the source:

image.jpeg.b8fe78aa7b8cf9c0c6cf82e5fee7560c.jpeg

Best internet comment when this happened was "At least he got ice on it right away"

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

Lmfao thanks for the valuable insight troll /s

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

You're trying too hard. If you want to last as a troll, you have use a more subtle approach.

Sadly for you, I doubt you last on these boards long enough to weigh in on the next game. At least not with this account....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Hope their wives and children see this and see what kind of "men" they are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimboB said:

We should have kept Goldobin as well.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1