[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

15 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Take your bias out of your head. Zadorov is getting away with murder 

Not even close, it's not his fault the Oilers don't have a single player capable of playing like a real man.  If the Oilers can't handle it, maybe they should consider moving to the PWHL instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Kyper and Bourne are mocking PDG for taking leave to be with his wife following what he described as a tough pregnancy - absolutely classless trash 

how can you mock someone for being a good husband and father? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Kyper and Bourne are mocking PDG for taking leave to be with his wife following what he described as a tough pregnancy - absolutely classless trash 

you're talking about one guy whose career highlight is laying unconscious on his face in a pool of his own spreading blood and another guy who wasn't even good enough to achieve that. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

how can you mock someone for being a good husband and father? 

CTE?  Some idiots don't understand there are things more important than sports.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

CTE?  Some idiots don't understand there are things more important than sports.

man it must just burn them to see us doing better than the Leaves 😆 

Lindholm has been our 4-5th best player and Zadorov 6-7th in these playoffs and both have had a huge impact.

I don't miss Kuzmenko(though I loved his spirit), Jurmo, Brzustwicz, the 4th rounder, 3rd rounder, 5th rounder, or the 27th OA.  Lindholm and Big Z are so worth it.  

Now that we are experiencing it for the first time in a while, I had forgotten the incredible emotion of winning playoff hockey games.  Arm-chair gm's with their hand-wringing about draft picks and prospects hopefully are seeing what Rutherford and Allvin clearly see.  When you have a shot, even a remote one, the ride is worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

you're talking about one guy whose career highlight is laying unconscious on his face in a pool of his own spreading blood and another guy who wasn't even good enough to achieve that. 

Be fair.  He didn't get enough hugs from his famous dad Bob.🥸

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

They'll have a manno-a-manno hug is my prediction.

It's one of the endearing things about playoff hockey - beat the crap out of each other then at the end, no hard feelings and best wishes to the winning team

Except Kane is a classless POS, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if he completely snubs Zadorov.

Tremendous team game! My heart rate is finally back to normal.

The fourth  win is going to require at least as good an effort.

We have planted doubt in the Oilers' heads. make it grow!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

Except Kane is a classless POS, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if he completely snubs Zadorov.

With his play last night....I think Kane had money on the game for the Nux!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Haha 1

Here’s a big “what if”… what if Petey’s foot deflection on the puck put it into the net instead of off the post for Miller to slap home as the game winning goal. Would the NHL have allowed it? Or would it have been called back because Petey, the charger, used a kicking motion?

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Here’s a big “what if”… what if Petey’s foot deflection on the puck put it into the net instead of off the post for Miller to slap home as the game winning goal. Would the NHL have allowed it? Or would it have been called back because Petey, the charger, used a kicking motion?

No need for "ifs"; Miller got the rebound...game over. Not even worth looking at nor discussing. 

45 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Any updates on Demko?

43 minutes ago, tas said:

coming along but longshot for this weekend/series, per above tocchet presser. 

It sounded like Demko has made some significant strides in terms of getting healthy, but honestly, I think the starting job for the remainder of these playoffs is for Silovs to lose.  Really don't need to change a thing in net.  He's building momentum game after game.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else notice that cuthbert could barely fake enthusiasm on Miller's game winner?  Him and simpleton didn't say much immediately after the goal.

Wow that was something else. Kid loved his bday present and couldn’t have asked for a better ending. Crowd was hostile and insane. And yes the refs did deserve to get all that was directed towards them last night. The anger amongst the fans was at a boiling point. And you know the league informed the arena not to show the Petey (charge lol) on the big screen after the ice was littered with garbage. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

Kuzmenko!?!? Is that you???

Kuzmenko On First Flames Game - YouTube

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It sounded like Demko has made some significant strides in terms of getting healthy, but honestly, I think the starting job for the remainder of these playoffs is for Silovs to lose.  Really don't need to change a thing in net.  He's building momentum game after game.

i can't agree. if thatcher is good to go next round, he goes. 

that said, I think if this series goes 7 and thatcher is deemed ready, you stick with arty. 

but if the canucks advance and demmer is ready, the net has to be his. especially if it's dallas, because he lives rent-free in peter deboer's head.

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tas said:

i can't agree. if thatcher is good to go next round, he goes. 

that said, I think if this series goes 7 and thatcher is deemed ready, you stick with arty. 

but if the canucks advance and demmer is ready, the net has to be his. especially if it's dallas, because he lives rent-free in peter deboer's head.

I want Demko back in net to, but I don't want him to rush his healing. He'll end up injured again. 

I know you didn't say to rush him back in net, I am just saying that's how I feel.  You know some players rush back only to be out again...like Demko lol

Edited by DarthMelvin

2 hours ago, grumpworsley said:

LoL sounds like a bit of general discord in oil town

Even if he truly felt that way, why voice it? Best way to endear yourself to the coaches and your team mates, especially the other goalies.

If any player from Petey on down said something like that, Tic Toc, Foote, etc would have said player out behind the wood shed so fast they would be pulled right out of their skates.

5 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

image.png.d77b57405023406d6d87001f4cc5f419.png

imagine being this delusional

losing every single game to the canucks in the regular season

finishes behind the canucks in the division

has a losing record against the canucks in this series despite the canucks running with their AHL starting goaltender and their most important star player not producing

"its so frustrating how much better we are than the canucks"

the fuck are they smoking over there

Somebody tell him that the 2 games Oilers won, was also by only 1 goal and one of them in OT....

And there is only going to be one game left...

Canucks are going to send Oilers packing on Saturday....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1