[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Yeah I get that, my point is, a 2-3 year deal could backfire... If it doesn't according to plan for him, he may not get a good contract at the age of 29... so he'll be looking for a 5-6 year deal with good money now...

He may take a 1 year deal and then be a UFA at the age of 27 , if he only gets offered a 2=3 year deal.

Would be easier for him to get a good deal at 27 than 29... I guess 🙂

Yes, he could reason the way you suggest, or he might not. You asked why Hronek would consider a bridge contract and the justification I gave seems like a reasonable one. Lots of players, including Pettersson, have reasoned this way into accepting bridge deals.

Also, it's not as if he holds all the power in this equation. If they can't agree to a multi-year deal, the team isn't forced into arbitration. They could also trade him for picks / prospects, which could land him in a less desirable spot on a less competitive team. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

You're trying too hard. If you want to last as a troll, you have use a more subtle approach.

Sadly for you, I doubt you last on these boards long enough to weigh in on the next game. At least not with this account....

I definitely prefer the coy game of cat and mouse with some of our better trolls - it’s fun when their own frustrations with Edmonton make them finally break character

• Cheers 3