[Rumour] Hurricanes Not Expected To Re-Sign Brett Pesce, Martin Necas

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

I mean, actually a lot of options there...

Montour, Demelo, Tanev, Pesce Roy, Walker  could all play beside hughes in that order

all of these guys will be way cheaper than Hronek 

We resign Myers who will take a home town discount 

Chatfiel would be an interesting 3rd per RD

Zads played besides Hughes against Edmonton on the right ...

actually a lot of options IMHO 

I don't think Montour will be cheaper. He's just one season removed from 73 points and still had a strong year this year followed by a good playoffs so far. He's the big fish and someone is going to overpay hard.

The others should be cheaper though and honestly a number of them might be better fits than Hronek. Personally I would order them as Roy, Pesce, DeMelo, Tanev with Roy and DeMelo being my two primary targets. Tanev is at the bottom due to his age. Dallas is playing him hard this post season but there's also a reason his minutes dropped below 20min/game in the regular season. DeMelo is awesome but he's also the slowest of those four players. He's basically a better (and RHD) version of Cole. Kind of the Pittsburgh version of Cole which earned him a $4.25Mx3 contract.

I just read an article from EF saying the Canes likely won't buyout Kotkaniemi and they like him, but are open to dealing him, with Vancouver (specifically mentioned) as one of several teams who really liked him.

Is there a deal here with Htonek involved?

Hronek for JK and the Hurricanes 1st pick?

Or

Hronek and Mik

For

JK and Necas?

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I don't think Montour will be cheaper. He's just one season removed from 73 points and still had a strong year this year followed by a good playoffs so far. He's the big fish and someone is going to overpay hard.

The others should be cheaper though and honestly a number of them might be better fits than Hronek. Personally I would order them as Roy, Pesce, DeMelo, Tanev with Roy and DeMelo being my two primary targets. Tanev is at the bottom due to his age. Dallas is playing him hard this post season but there's also a reason his minutes dropped below 20min/game in the regular season. DeMelo is awesome but he's also the slowest of those four players. He's basically a better (and RHD) version of Cole. Kind of the Pittsburgh version of Cole which earned him a $4.25Mx3 contract.

DeMelo is a very interesting idea at 4m a year. id pay roy 5.5 though for the extra physicality. 

• Cheers 1

Dhali mentioned the Canucks are very serious about going after Necas. Which leads me to believe Lindholm is almost certainly gone. Even with a Mikheyev buyout we flatly wouldn't have the cap to go after both and meaningfully keep pieces on the blueline. Especially next year. OEL and Mik's buyouts would be nearly 7mil in dead cap. So I reckon Lindholm is gone and likely one of Joshua or Zads. Or even both. Allvin mentioned "finding another Joshua" during his end of season presser too.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Dhali mentioned the Canucks are very serious about going after Necas. Which leads me to believe Lindholm is almost certainly gone. Even with a Mikheyev buyout we flatly wouldn't have the cap to go after both and meaningfully keep pieces on the blueline. Especially next year. OEL and Mik's buyouts would be nearly 7mil in dead cap. So I reckon Lindholm is gone and likely one of Joshua or Zads. Or even both. Allvin mentioned "finding another Joshua" during his end of season presser too.

i think though theyre probably going to want to go 3 quality centers deep, especially if dallas pulls this off. 

i could see them trying to find the next dakota joshua on the wing. arthur kaliyev is a name that comes to mind. completely out of favor in LA, but good skillset and size. reclamation project and wouldnt cost a lot. 

maybe a demelo or roy as hughes partner. 

demelo has been a great partner for morrissey

I said it from the get go over a week ago

Hronek for Necas

Now Dhaliwal is reporting Necas interest to Vancouver and Friedman suggested Hronek for Necas too

I think it'll happen. 2 very good players and they both fit long term for the respective organizations in terms of position and salary cap allocation

2 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i think though theyre probably going to want to go 3 quality centers deep, especially if dallas pulls this off. 

i could see them trying to find the next dakota joshua on the wing. arthur kaliyev is a name that comes to mind. completely out of favor in LA, but good skillset and size. reclamation project and wouldnt cost a lot. 

maybe a demelo or roy as hughes partner. 

demelo has been a great partner for morrissey

I don't think Dallas needs to win to prove you need to be strong down the middle.

Arguably all 4 remaining teams have 3 Quality center man.

Oilers have McDavid, Draisatl and Nugs and the only reason they can afford to double up Drai and McDavid is because Nug slots into 2C competently 

Florida has Barkov, Reinhart, Bennett Rodrigues and Lundell who are natural centers and can center their own line

Rangers have Zib, Troc, Chytill, Goodrow and Wennberg who are all top 9 C quality

Center depth is key and I defenietly think Petey, Miller and Lindholm can co-exist in the short and long term

Miller - Lindholm - Lek gives me good vibes long term as Miller ages and mihjt be best suited for the wing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I just read an article from EF saying the Canes likely won't buyout Kotkaniemi and they like him, but are open to dealing him, with Vancouver (specifically mentioned) as one of several teams who really liked him.

Or

Hronek and Mik

For

JK and Necas?

What do you expect Necas next contract to look like?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, bh90 said:

I said it from the get go over a week ago

Hronek for Necas

Now Dhaliwal is reporting Necas interest to Vancouver and Friedman suggested Hronek for Necas too

I think it'll happen. 2 very good players and they both fit long term for the respective organizations in terms of position and salary cap allocation

Links to this?

Edit - Found Friedman's on 32 thoughts

Edited by Outsiders

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, J-23 said:

What do you expect Necas next contract to look like?

It ain't gonna be cheap, that's for sure.  But, he would be a bonafide top 6 guy to play with Petey who can also play C when needed. 

It's a pretty good plan 1B if they can't sign Lindy. 

That said, I might prefer the JK and a first for Hronek option more.  JK ix young with a lot of room to grow and is an immediate solid 3C, who will likely be a 2C as Miller declines.  The real bonus is the cap space.

Edited by stawns

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

It ain't gonna be cheap, that's for sure.  But, he would be a bonafide top 6 guy to play with Petey who can also play C when needed. 

It's a pretty good plan 1A if they can't sign Lindy. 

That said, I might prefer the JK and a first for Hronek option more.  JK ix young with a lot of room to grow and is an immediate solid 3C, who will likely be a 2C as Miller declines.  The real bonus is the cap space.

I wonder if the Canucks can get Morrow in a trade but I assume the Hurricanes would need Hoglander to be included at least.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Or

Hronek and Mik

For

JK and Necas?

Not the first one 

8 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Not the first one 

Why not?  Apparently the Canucks are quite high on him?  Hed slot in as a solid 3rd line C, theyd get a first back and some desperately needed cap space

12 hours ago, stawns said:

It's a pretty good plan 1B if they can't sign Lindy. 

I don't think the Canucks can afford to pay JK $4.82 million to center the 3rd line. If Joshua sticks around for $3-3.5 million and Garland making $4.95 million

that would be a approximately 13 million in cap space allocated to our 3rd line. I like JK's size and age, I think additional offence will come eventually but he's overpaid right now and that's a luxury we can't afford for a 3rd line center (right now) IMO. Seems to me that Carolina kinda feels the same way, which might be where the buyout talk came from. Just my 2 cents though. 

Interesting article from Canucks ARMY today about JK & NECAS and trade chips (Hoglander)
I only cut and pasted a small portion of the article below.

Necas would no doubt be a major addition to the top six, but what it would take to get him is where the big questions begin. Filip Hronek is a name floating around, but Nils Hoglander is one piece the guys think could net a bigger fish.

“This is where Nils Hoglander would be a really valuable trade chip,” said Harm. “It’s not just what he is as a player; he only makes 1.1 million against the cap. To have that type of middle-six player who’s that young, has the speed and tenacity; I could easily see Carolina having a lot of interest in a player like that. If you’re going to make a trade for a proven high-end top-six player like Necas who’s in the prime of his career, you’re going to have to give to get. This is where the Canucks would have to decide if they want to part ways with Hoglander and make him the centerpiece or one of your A-grade prospects like Lekkerimaki. It also comes down to what Carolina prefers. It’ll be an interesting discussion with Hoglander as a whole with him being an arbitration-eligible RFA at the end of next season and in line for a significant raise. If the Canucks have any doubts about wanting to give him a substantial contract extension next summer, now would be the time to cash in on him as a premium trade chip to get yourself a top-six player.”

19 hours ago, Diamonds said:

I would not mind DeMelo if he was going to be on the third pairing, and on the PK (can he still kill on the PK and does he do a good job?). If he's slower than Cole, then no, I'd pass. Saw Cole when he was slow, and it was not to our advantage in the playoffs. 

48 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:
Interesting article from Canucks ARMY today about JK & NECAS and trade chips (Hoglander)
I only cut and pasted a small portion of the article below.

Necas would no doubt be a major addition to the top six, but what it would take to get him is where the big questions begin. Filip Hronek is a name floating around, but Nils Hoglander is one piece the guys think could net a bigger fish.

“This is where Nils Hoglander would be a really valuable trade chip,” said Harm. “It’s not just what he is as a player; he only makes 1.1 million against the cap. To have that type of middle-six player who’s that young, has the speed and tenacity; I could easily see Carolina having a lot of interest in a player like that. If you’re going to make a trade for a proven high-end top-six player like Necas who’s in the prime of his career, you’re going to have to give to get. This is where the Canucks would have to decide if they want to part ways with Hoglander and make him the centerpiece or one of your A-grade prospects like Lekkerimaki. It also comes down to what Carolina prefers. It’ll be an interesting discussion with Hoglander as a whole with him being an arbitration-eligible RFA at the end of next season and in line for a significant raise. If the Canucks have any doubts about wanting to give him a substantial contract extension next summer, now would be the time to cash in on him as a premium trade chip to get yourself a top-six player.”

I don't understand why the Canucks would give up a 20 goal scorer in Höglander, who's only making 1.1M, for players that are making more money. I don't like this move. I think even with his extension (Höglander's), he's not going to be making 5M lol. Still think management can get a pretty good contract for Höglander when his current deal expires. 

58 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't think the Canucks can afford to pay JK $4.82 million to center the 3rd line. If Joshua sticks around for $3-3.5 million and Garland making $4.95 million

that would be a approximately 13 million in cap space allocated to our 3rd line. I like JK's size and age, I think additional offence will come eventually but he's overpaid right now and that's a luxury we can't afford for a 3rd line center (right now) IMO. Seems to me that Carolina kinda feels the same way, which might be where the buyout talk came from. Just my 2 cents though. 

If KK comes cheap, and Carolina eats some of that salary, then I say a deal is possible. If not salary retention on Carolina's part, then no way. 

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

That $4.8 might be a huge bargain in a couple years if they can get him back on track.  With JK, there's a succession plan for Miller

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stawns said:

Edited 13 hours ago by stawns

I'm not dead against this, if the Canes take Mik in the deal. 

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't understand why the Canucks would give up a 20 goal scorer in Höglander, who's only making 1.1M, for players that are making more money. I don't like this move. I think even with his extension (Höglander's), he's not going to be making 5M lol. Still think management can get a pretty good contract for Höglander when his current deal expires. 

I wouldn't listen to anything those morons say, personally