[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

7 minutes ago, xMagnus said:

Seems pretty clear to me that the NHL wants to keep this as quite as possible for as long as possible, in hopes people will forget.

Release the damn names.

The NHL is a corrupt and garbage league.  

As a Canucks fan that watched the Canucks get constantly screwed by the refs between 2009 and 2013 (and even 2015 was quite fishy with Ferland allowing to perform actions that would have been called charging, boarding, and roughing in most instances), I have no reason but to assume that the NHL is very corrupt.

Do you think Bedard going to Chicago is just coincidence?   Lafrenniere to NYR?  

So yeah......I'm not surprised at all that the league is trying to cover up 2018.  

I only follow the NHL because of the Canucks, but my passion for the sport isn't anywhere near what it was 10-15 years ago.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

As a Canucks fan that watched the Canucks get constantly screwed by the refs between 2009 and 2013 (and even 2015 was quite fishy with Ferland allowing to perform actions that would have been called charging, boarding, and roughing in most instances), I have no reason but to assume that the NHL is very corrupt.

So yeah......I'm not surprised at all that the league is trying to cover up 2018.  

I only follow the NHL because of the Canucks, but my passion for the sport isn't anywhere near what it was 10-15 years ago.  

Wouldn't this have more to do with the criminal charges pending over the NHL?

• Thanks 1

It’ll be shame if this is dragged out until the coming up world juniors. Let’s get it over with. 

IF suspensions happen, what if the nhl player is prominent player on his team & they need to replace him? 

"I've been co-operating with the ongoing investigations. Out of respect for the person involved, I'm not going to be making a comment on it now or in the future," Batherson told reporters at the Ottawa Senators training camp on Sept. 22.

Kinda suspicious. 

"I was not involved in any way. I was totally unaware of the allegations until I — along with the rest of the team — was contacted by investigators in the weeks following the event in London. I met in person with the investigators in the summer of 2018 and answered all their questions. I did not know any of the details until I saw the article this week," Makar said in a statement provided to CBC. 

I think he knows. This is such “good guy” statement from a superstar.

"I am aware of the situation in 2018 and the investigation and I've been co-operative through the entire investigation and process, but since it's still ongoing, I'm unable to comment any further," McLeod told NJ.com.

I want to know what his statement says. Formenton no comment. I’d really like to see updated questions asked to them. Like it seems they all completely forgot about this along with media and NHL. 

Raddysh, Point with the generic responses. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [Report] NHL to release up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault (transferred)
6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It took 5 days to investigate phonegate and get Babcock fired.  How many years will it take to arrest the players from the 2018 junior team?  Is Paul Bissonnette going to get the scoop on this one first?

As many years as it will take for all 8 to retire from playing....

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [Report] NHL to release the names of up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault (transferred)

8 players and most of them said they didn’t do anything.

It’s baffling nothing has been done so far considering we’re talking about a literal gang rape here, one of the worst ever crimes imagineable. To think some might be still playing in the NHL as we speak. 

From what I understand, they are waiting on London Police to finish their investigation.

Sadly it is not just hockey players, it seems some male athletes in most sports act this way, there have been gang rapes by football players. And we also have players being raped by coaches, sadly also mainly male. Treating young star athletes like gods who can do no wrong and covering up all wrong. Then we have the Graham James's and Jim Sandusky's of the world fucking up the minds of impressionable young men and all kept quiet by those in the know. The worst part is I dont even know if this can ever be fixed, the scab to rip off of this might be to big.

8 hours ago, BestCanuck said:

It’ll be shame if this is dragged out until the coming up world juniors. Let’s get it over with. 

IF suspensions happen, what if the nhl player is prominent player on his team & they need to replace him? 

Kinda suspicious. 

I think he knows. This is such “good guy” statement from a superstar.

I want to know what his statement says. Formenton no comment. I’d really like to see updated questions asked to them. Like it seems they all completely forgot about this along with media and NHL. 

Raddysh, Point with the generic responses. 

Formenton being exiled to Europe after a very strong rookie season really tells you everything you need to know about his involvement. He is likely the primary perpetrator. As you've pointed out, McLeod's statement makes it sound like he might be one of the secondary perpetrators but obviously we can't draw any conclusions from that statement. 

It's very possible Makar knows something, but I also believe he wasn't in the the same city when the incident occurred so at the very least he wasn't directly involved. But people like to talk, and brag, and I'm sure a lot of the team knows more information than they've let on.