[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

Just now, DeNiro said:

I dunno I’m not sure that’s something you talk about in front of your dad.

We’ll see how involved he was but I would imagine Adam might take a leave of absence.

When you're on a team, you know everything about everyone on that team.  I doubt cal would have talked to his father about it, but I'd say there's a better than good chance Adam caught wind of it somehow

10 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Fuck what a mess. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. Of course the victim first. Hope she is getting all the help she needs.

But to the players who royally fucked up, folks need to understand something... If you're an uber driver, a student, a contractor, whatever and you are charged with sexual assault, there is a high likelihood you will serve your time and still become employed after. Youre friends and family will know.. but life will probably restart. Youre life isnt ruined. Youre career isnt over. You can repent, serve your time, try and make a difference for the better... but your life is likely not completely over at 24. For these guys their life is basically over, their dream is over.. Thats got to be tough.

Again, I'm not condoning or defending the actions... but I do think its sad when something you do at 18 has the power to destroy everything. 

Lots of lives destroyed here. 

That sounds like nonsense to me.

Their NHL careers being over doesn’t translate to their lives being over.  They are still far better off than any of those other folks you mentioned.

Convicted folks still get jobs in lower leagues and the KHL seems to have no issues hiring folks with shady pasts.

They can also get other jobs like Uber drivers, students, contractors, etc.

I don’t think it is that sad that folks who engage in this sort of behaviour may lose their rights to enjoy a super privileged lifestyle where others pay money to watch them play a game.  A number of them will have already earned more in their lives by their early 20’s than those regular folks will their entire lives.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Foote was the head coach of the rockets and both Cal.and Dube were on that team.  I find it hard to believe that that info wouldn't have been dressing room fodder.  This could impact Van more than we think 

If it comes to that, he steps back.... 

Can't have the distraction hang around this team.... And we all know, there are many who would give their right arm to derail this Canucks teams success...

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

When you're on a team, you know everything about everyone on that team.  I doubt cal would have talked to his father about it, but I'd say there's a better than good chance Adam caught wind of it somehow

Im sure they saw things differently though.

The details of how drunk the victim was were probably left out.

• Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

If it comes to that, he steps back.... 

Can't have the distraction hang around this team.... And we all know, there are many who would give their right arm to derail this Canucks teams success...

And a head coach who already pleaded guilty to being a part of an organized gambling ring 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Im sure they saw things differently though.

The details of how drunk the victim was were probably left out.

There's going to be ripple effects from this as there are sure to be coverups exposed.  This is just the first shot.

21 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Fuck what a mess. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. Of course the victim first. Hope she is getting all the help she needs.

But to the players who royally fucked up, folks need to understand something... If you're an uber driver, a student, a contractor, whatever and you are charged with sexual assault, there is a high likelihood you will serve your time and still become employed after. Youre friends and family will know.. but life will probably restart. Youre life isnt ruined. Youre career isnt over. You can repent, serve your time, try and make a difference for the better... but your life is likely not completely over at 24. For these guys their life is basically over, their dream is over.. Thats got to be tough.

Again, I'm not condoning or defending the actions... but I do think its sad when something you do at 18 has the power to destroy everything. 

Lots of lives destroyed here. 

that's a bizarre comment

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goalie29 said:

If they were found guilty, I would 100% disown them.  I know how empathy works and I have zero for the perpetrators.

No you wouldnt.  No decent parent woukd

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If anyone was trying to cover it up it was the NHL…

Agree completely, and hockey Canada.  But, this is going to rock the foundation of Canadian hockey and there's going to be a lot of peripheral damage

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of course, that's why id expect we'd see him take an loa

I'm curious to see the ripple effect on the brass.  One of my close friends from the bchl is one of the top 3 guys in hockey Canada and has been on the ice with every medal winning team for almost two decades.  I can't see him surviving this 

I don't think we've seen the end of the fallout, this will linger over Hockey Canada for a while

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

I don't think we've seen the end of the fallout, this will linger over Hockey Canada for a while

Absolutely.......the fallout isnt going to stop at these 5 players, that's for sure

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agree completely, and hockey Canada.  But, this is going to rock the foundation of Canadian hockey and there's going to be a lot of peripheral damage

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Now is a great time to toot my own horn about HC!

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And a head coach who already pleaded guilty to being a part of an organized gambling ring 

Aye... but let's not make 2+2 = 5.... 

Tocchet has been allowed by the NHL to coach. Not just the Canucks but Arizona as well, so that is quickly killed...

Adam Foote on the other hand would be drawn into every press related, and that would be a distraction.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

This is sad.

Sad for the victims, sad for hockey and sad for canada.

Suddenly the saying "good Canadian kid" has less meaning.

Things have gone downhill since they removed Don Cherry, a patriot, from Hockey Night in Canada.

Huh? What does Don Cherry have to do with this. 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh boy baby. You got that right. The cover up and wasn't there a payout? This is going to get ugly..