[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

What?  There's no way I wouldn't want my parents there and, as a parent, there's no way I would t be there with my kid.  But that's just me.

Freaking well said! Maybe buddy doesn't have kids and wouldn't know what he is talking about!

Just now, Ohthehumanity said:

Freaking well said! Maybe buddy doesn't have kids and wouldn't know what he is talking about!

I mean Dahmer's dad was there for him every step of the way and was until the end.  Your child doesn't stop being your child because he's commited a heinous act or acts.  Iwould be very concerned about my child's mental state following an arrest for sexual assault and the possibility of a longtime behind bars and the loss of the one thing he's loved hisentire ife and makes his living at.  There no chance I'd let him go through that alone

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

What?  There's no way I wouldn't want my parents there and, as a parent, there's no way I would t be there with my kid.  But that's just me.

These guys (including Cal) have probably been out of their parent's watch and home since they were young kids.  I'd be surprised if Cal would call up dad and ask for him to be there.  Whether or not Adam wants to be there is up to him, but he also has a professional commitment that needs to be attended to.  He'll 'be there' for Cal without a doubt, but he may not physically be there in attendance.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, stawns said:

As the coach of two of the players and father of one, I expect Adam is going to be having some uncomfortable conversations in the next while.

Adam was hired by the tickets in October 2018 and fired two years later and it was a very tumultuous tenure.  There weren't a lot of reasons given for why he was fired, but his time there was not regarded as positive

exactly my point.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Different parents are going to react differently to stuff like this.  It's obviously putting them in an unnecessarily tough position, since it's... probably 0% their fault?

We are really only talking about this here because he is the one guy on the Canucks connected to all this.  But it's not enough to really dote over.  Someone just asked Tocchet and he just kinda brushed the question off - as expected.  It was a question worth asking but certainly not one worth following up on.

I was tallking about him as a parent being there with his son in a very very difficult time

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

These guys (including Cal) have probably been out of their parent's watch and home since they were young kids.  I'd be surprised if Cal would call up dad and ask for him to be there.  Whether or not Adam wants to be there is up to him, but he also has a professional commitment that needs to be attended to.  He'll 'be there' for Cal without a doubt, but he may not physically be there in attendance.  Just my opinion. 

Adam was Cal's coach in Jr

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Different parents are going to react differently to stuff like this.  It's obviously putting them in an unnecessarily tough position, since it's... probably 0% their fault?

We are really only talking about this here because he is the one guy on the Canucks connected to all this.  But it's not enough to really dote over.  Someone just asked Tocchet and he just kinda brushed the question off - as expected.  It was a question worth asking but certainly not one worth following up on.

Exactly.  Well said.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

do you have kids?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

do you hve kids?

Just now, stawns said:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see then right?  I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Adam is gonna abandon his post.  I think he can support Cal in many ways without standing next to him all day long.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I'll keep it light here since I don't want to hijack the thread.  Cherry is not part of the generation you are thinking of.  He is part of the silent generation, the one born during the depression/WW2 years.  The WW2 generation you're thinking of (the "Greatest Generation") is all in their late 90s or dead.

They will.  For a minute or two.  But they're not going to keep asking about it as the news continues to develop over the weeks/months/years.

If they think they can disturb the Canucks, I wouldn't put it past them...

Lets be honest, this news and and the worse the news is, the more they dig and go on about it....

29 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Then, let's not call them rapist. No?

Would it make you feel better to call them sexual assaulters? has a much more romantic tone to it. Yikes. I don’t think this is the hill to die on.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I was tallking about him as a parent being there with his son in a very very difficult time

For sure I can sympathize with the parents of any perpetrators.  They are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Even worse if you're in public.

Just now, stawns said:

Yeah, that's not a great fact to hear if you're a Canucks fan, I'll tell you that for free.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see then right?  I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Adam is gonna abandon his post.  I think he can support Cal in many ways without standing next to him all day long.

again, do you have kids?  There is zero chance that if my kid were in this situation that I would be watching from across the country.  When my daughter needs me, I am there, no questions asked

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

do you have kids?

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

do you hve kids?

I don't.  If I did, I would imagine I would support them during a tough time.

😏

😏

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

again, do you have kids?  There is zero chance that if my kid were in this situation that I would be watching from across the country.  When my daughter needs me, I am there, no questions asked

Yes, I do have kids, but I'm also mature enough and worldly enough to know that not all families operate the same.  I've seen many people (including friends) that have gone through absolute shit, but their parents never came to their rescue.  They were a phone call away, but they didn't drop their jobs, drop their responsibilities, and just flew across the continent to be next to them.  Open up your eyes man, not everyone is the same.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Yeah I think most parents would think the way you do right now.  But I also don't think all parents are the same - do you?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If they think they can disturb the Canucks, I wouldn't put it past them...

Lets be honest, this news and and the worse the news is, the more they dig and go on about it....

I'd say this story isn't going away any time soon.  I'd say that Adam Foote has probably been interviewed and given any info he has and hopefully is not complicit in this in any way.  One thing is for sure, other heads are going to roll

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

😏

😏

Personally I'd be devastated if I were in Foote's shoes......both because of what harmmy child might have perpetrated on another human being and alsoforhis own personal pain that he must be experiencing right now.  No matter how old your kids are, they are always your children.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Personally I'd be devastated if I were in Foote's shoes......both because of what harmmy child might have perpetrated on another human being and alsoforhis own personal pain that he must be experiencing right now.  No matter how old your kids are, they are always your children.

You're a good dad then... not EVERYBODY does that.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm with you, if my children were in need, I'd drop everything for them... but again, not everyone thinks that way or acts that way.  Period.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

You're a good dad then... not EVERYBODY does that.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm with you, if my children were in need, I'd drop everything for them... but again, not everyone thinks that way or acts that way.  Period.

Does Adam Foote really seem like that kind of hands off dad to you?  I mean he was his kids Jr coach