[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Personally I'd be devastated if I were in Foote's shoes......both because of what harmmy child might have perpetrated on another human being and alsoforhis own personal pain that he must be experiencing right now.  No matter how old your kids are, they are always your children.

Then your kids are fortunate to have that support system behind them.  You and I both know that does not apply to every family. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say this story isn't going away any time soon.  I'd say that Adam Foote has probably been interviewed and given any info he has and hopefully is not complicit in this in any way.  One thing is for sure, other heads are going to roll

Not sure he has been interviewed, but obviously being the coach of his son's team, while this happened , they may ask if he had heard anything. 

I'm not sure if you have to give evidence against you own child, so...

But yes this doesn't go away easily, despite the NHL trying bury it.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Well generally surrendering indicates they're about to be arrested

Possibly, but that doesn't mean this is all going to wrap up in the next couple weeks, or even months.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Does Adam Foote really seem like that kind of hands off dad to you?  I mean he was his kids Jr coach

Who knows man.  Seriously.  We don't know.  I've seen first hand how parents can look like they care, but behind closed doors, they're narcissistic as they come.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

From a Canucks vantage point, this is about an assistant coach's kid.  It might be enough for radio talk shows or even a small article, but there's not enough there to keep writing about it.

again, he was also the coach of two of the players involved.  As I said before, hockey players love nothing more than bragging about sexual conquests and they also think, in Canada, that they are untouchable. There aren't many secrets among teammates and within a team in general.  That sid, I lean more toward Adam not really kowing what had happened.........but there's also enough smoke there to wonder.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not sure he has been interviewed, but obviously being the coach of his son's team, while this happened , they may ask if he had heard anything. 

I'm not sure if you have to give evidence against you own child, so...

But yes this doesn't go away easily, despite the NHL trying bury it.

Dube was on that team as well.  

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Possibly, but that doesn't mean this is all going to wrap up in the next couple weeks, or even months.

of course not, but wouldn't you be by your kids side when he's arrested, working with a lawyer, facing the loss of his sport and profession and mostly, his freedom?  I'd probably take a few weeks off to see him through itall and deal with the immediate fallout

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

of course not, but wouldn't you be by your kids side when he's arrested, working with a lawyer, facing the loss of his sport and profession and mostly, his freedom?  I'd probably take a few weeks off to see him through itall and deal with the immediate fallout

Not for every preliminary thing that goes on, especially for a thing that's been in the news for over a year. Like I said, when things get more serious and developed, then he may. I doubt he does right now.

• Like 1

Just now, elvis15 said:

Not for every preliminary thing that goes on, especially for a thing that's been in the news for over a year. Like I said, when things get more serious and developed, then he may. I doubt he does right now.

i cant imagine letting my child go through te next few days alone.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

You might consider a different approach if both you and your kid were living in a fishbowl.   Perhaps rushing to their aid would give an impression of guilt. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

again, he was also the coach of two of the players involved.  As I said before, hockey players love nothing more than bragging about sexual conquests and they also think, in Canada, that they are untouchable. There aren't many secrets among teammates and within a team in general.  That sid, I lean more toward Adam not really kowing what had happened.........but there's also enough smoke there to wonder.

You think the Canucks media are going keep pressing the issue, then?  Hmm.  I don't really see that going anywhere.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

Personally I'd be devastated if I were in Foote's shoes......both because of what harmmy child might have perpetrated on another human being and alsoforhis own personal pain that he must be experiencing right now.  No matter how old your kids are, they are always your children.

I agree and I’m a parent of 2 kids. It’s not easy to be a parent of anyone questioned or accused of something like this. The flip side is also true as a parent of a victim.  Thank God I’ve never been put in this spot. 

Let’s also reflect on what your kid may have told you about on what really went down, your kid’s role in all of it and that you believe him. It’s not far fetched for a parent of one of these kids feel some relief knowing that but it would still be stressful time for the process to be end (which can take years). 

Being a parent can really suck at times. Some things happen to my kids and it hurts. 

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Their hockey careers are almost surely over.  If arrested and convicted, they absolutely are

Their NHL careers are over but they will find employment in Europe or the KHL. Reid Boucher is currently making $700,000 a year in the KHL. Of course he was never charged but no North American professional team would touch him with a barge pole.

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You might consider a different approach if both you and your kid were living in a fishbowl.   Perhaps rushing to their aid would give an impression of guilt. 

I wouldn't give two shits what it looked like.  Regardless of what he did, my child's mental health would be more important to me than anything else at that time.

The only impression it would make on me is a caring dad supporting his kid

• Cheers 2

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Their NHL careers are over but they will find employment in Europe or the KHL. Reid Boucher is currently making $700,000 a year in the KHL. Of course he was never charged but no North American professional team would touch him with a barge pole.

KHL maybe, but I doubt any Euro country touches them.  Moo point anyway, if they're convicted they're going to prison

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Can we please stop with the speculation that Adam Foote might have had any idea of what went on? Adam was NOT Cal's nor Dube's coach when this event occured. This event occured in the summer of 2018, Cal and Dillon DID NOT return to the Rockets after this event occured, they moved onto the AHL in Spring 2018.

Do you think players don't brag about their sexual conquests?   I'll save you the time, they definitely do.  My guess is all coaches of players involved have either been interviewed or will be interviewed to see what they did or didnt know.  Foote was the coach of 40% of the players involved.  It's definitely relevant to the discussion.

Hockey Canada is in for a reckoning and that includes coaches

11 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You think the Canucks media are going keep pressing the issue, then?  Hmm.  I don't really see that going anywhere.

Hard to say, probably directly, but you can bet the talk shows and podcasts will be.

Just now, stawns said:

Do you think players don't brag about their sexual conquests?   I'll save you the time, they definitely do.  My guess is all coaches of players involved have either been interviewed or will be interviewed to see what they did or didnt know.  Foote was the coach of 40% of the players involved.  It's definitely relevant to the discussion.

Hockey Canada is in for a reckoning and that includes coaches

Ah not with their parents! 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Fuck what a mess. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. Of course the victim first. Hope she is getting all the help she needs.

But to the players who royally fucked up, folks need to understand something... If you're an uber driver, a student, a contractor, whatever and you are charged with sexual assault, there is a high likelihood you will serve your time and still become employed after. Youre friends and family will know.. but life will probably restart. Youre life isnt ruined. Youre career isnt over. You can repent, serve your time, try and make a difference for the better... but your life is likely not completely over at 24. For these guys their life is basically over, their dream is over.. Thats got to be tough.

Again, I'm not condoning or defending the actions... but I do think its sad when something you do at 18 has the power to destroy everything. 

Lots of lives destroyed here. 

The players' live are not over. They can go get jobs as uber drivers, contractors, etc. They just don't get the privilege of playing pro hockey anymore.

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Ah not with their parents! 

Nope, but they do with teammates and do you think coaches don't know the gossip?  I'm a teacher and I know most of what the kids in my class are up to, both in school and away from it.

There have been too many scandals, too many cover ups not to turn over every rock.  Highly doubtful anything comes from it, but like it or not, Foite is wrapped up in this on two fronts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Didn't take long for us Canucks fans to make it about us, did it? 

Because they are, there's no denying that.  It doesn't mean Foite did anything or knew anything, but he's directly connected to two of the perps

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

The players' live are not over. They can go get jobs as uber drivers, contractors, etc. They just don't get the privilege of playing pro hockey anymore.

Are you being serious?  If convicted, they are going to prison, likely for at least 5 years