[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

12 minutes ago, Rubik said:

that's a bizarre comment

Objectively there are no winners in these situations.  The victim has lost and will carry something forever.  The accused presumably never set out to being on the wrong side of the law and will pay a steep price.  No Winners.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I don’t think so.  Danny Brière isn't getting constantly bombarded with questions about his kid.  Coach Foote might need a minute to deal with all of this but nobody is going to blame him for all this.

Danny called out his son in public, so that makes a huge difference.

Just now, stawns said:

And he didn't sexually assault anyone.  Being a drunken idiot isn't comparable to being a rapist.......not even in the same universe

That Briere kid is getting a huge backlash though: got dropped by his hockey team and his reputation is in shatters now. Might not be rape, but no one is praising the guy "well at least he didn't do THAT".

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Goalie29 said:

A - The NHL hasn't suspended anyone.

B - It's sexual assault.  I don't give a shit when it happened.  They don't deserve to be on an NHL roster.

I'm loathe to say this. But innocent until proven guilty.

If they are found guilty then absolutely bar them from the NHL. Leave of absence until it's resolved one way or another.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

Depending on the charges and convictions (obviously), these guys could be behind bars for a long time.  Aggravated sexual assault in Ontario is a maximum life sentence and minimum 5 years

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Fuck Don Cherry.  He is a piece of shit and would've tried to protect the hell out of these guys.

He also got fired in 2019.  This is from the 2018 tournament.  So WTF are you talking about bud

Zero chance Cherry defends what these players did. Cherry might be many negative things, but he certainly wouldn’t condone rape. More likely Cherry would want these guys hung up by the nuts. Old school guy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If they are found guilty then absolutely bar them from the NHL.

If they are found guilty, they will likely be behind bars for years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If they are found guilty then absolutely bar them from the NHL.

You'll see in my later posts that I mention the guilty part.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I don’t think so.  Danny Brière isn't getting constantly bombarded with questions about his kid.  Coach Foote might need a minute to deal with all of this but nobody is going to blame him for all this.

Well if you don't think there will be press asking Foote or Tocchet about, what they know about this, you are a better person than me...

It kinda stinks that the Flames put this under the guise of mental health which invoked dozens of sympathetic responses from people that didnt connect the dots.  Unless this is all a coincidence and he has nothing to do with this....

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think we've seen the end of the fallout, this will linger over Hockey Canada for a while

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

Absolutely.......the fallout isnt going to stop at these 5 players, that's for sure

17 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Oh boy baby. You got that right. The cover up and wasn't there a payout? This is going to get ugly..

The only thing is hockey Canada already completely overhauled their leadership, and faced criticism from the feds when this story along with the fund for payouts originally came out. 

No doubt there will be another round of public backlash, but what is going to be the next step?

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Fuck Don Cherry.  He is a piece of shit and would've tried to protect the hell out of these guys.

He also got fired in 2019.  This is from the 2018 tournament.  So WTF are you talking about bud

I clicked to one new topic and there is that anger again. 

Yikes with the red flags. 

53 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Except that's literally his job.  How does doing his job make him a fucking idiot?

Like how it was his job to ask Boeser about his terminally ill father after the Canucks asked everyone to respect Brock’s personal life and privacy? 

He deserves 0 respect and less credibility on that alone. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Well if you don't think there will be press asking Foote or Tocchet about, what they know about this, you are a better person than me...

As the coach of two of the players and father of one, I expect Adam is going to be having some uncomfortable conversations in the next while.

Adam was hired by the tickets in October 2018 and fired two years later and it was a very tumultuous tenure.  There weren't a lot of reasons given for why he was fired, but his time there was not regarded as positive

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Darius said:

It kinda stinks that the Flames put this under the guise of mental health which invoked dozens of sympathetic responses from people that didnt connect the dots.  Unless this is all a coincidence and he has nothing to do with this....

I mean, there could be a lot of mental health issues related to the stress of going to jail for sexual assault. 

They typically don't care about the sexual assualt itself, its the getting caught and going to jail that possibly invokes that mental health concern. 

Where was Virtanen around this time?

1 minute ago, Darius said:

To be fair, I'd expect their mental health is of concern right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

You don't think Foote will want to be with his son during that time?  I know I would 

Yeah, but at the same time, Cal is a 25 years old adult.  He has is own agent and lawyers as well.  Not saying as a father he can't or shouldn't support his son, but he hasn't even been charged yet.  Legal procedures on this could take 3-5 years.  Adam can't just sit home and do nothing during that period.  Probably knew this was coming for a while too.

Andy Reid's son was convicted 5 yeras for drunk driving and he hasn't missed a beat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Like how it was his job to ask Boeser about his terminally ill father after the Canucks asked everyone to respect Brock’s personal life and privacy? 

He deserves 0 respect and less credibility on that alone. 

Journalists are expected to ask difficult questions.  Sports journalism is no different.  You can call out his lack of tact on the matter, but that still doesn't make him a fucking idiot for doing his job.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Integra250 said:

We all know for sure the Vancouver media is somehow going to pull the Canucks into this mess with Adam Foote on the team. Hope this isn't a big distraction.

As I said, he was the coach of two of them.and father of one.  I think he's got some questions he needs to answer.  Hopefully, that's already been part of the investigation.

Heads are going to roll outside of the 5 players, it remains to see whose