[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

1 minute ago, Reznor said:

I would remove the word "overwhelming" from this statement. Yes, they have evidence if they are going to be pursuing action, but at this point, they have been asked to go to the police station. They may or may not be charged. And if charged, it's innocent until proven guilty. Police don't always have *overwhelming* evidence before they make an arrest. That's what court is for.

They have been asked to surrender to Police.  The investigation is over.

I don't see any way the authorities take this step against public figures without overwhelming evidence

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Do we know the 5? Sounds like Comtois, Hart, Dube?

Formenton, McLeod, Foote, Hart, Dube are most likely. Although some articles report there being 8 John Does, not 5.

2 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

That's purely speculation though. He doesn't appear to be one of the 5 members charged and he specifically has been attached to this more than most other memebers of the team you could equally speculate about. 

Agree completely, it is speculation

Just now, stawns said:

I don't see any way the police take this step against public figures without overwhelming evidence

I wouldn't call the investigation as a whole "over" just yet.

I would call this stage of the investigation over, with the possibility for subsequent evidence to allow them to nab a few more individuals.

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't call the investigation as a whole "over" just yet.

I would call this stage of the investigation over, with the possibility for subsequent evidence to allow them to nab a few more individuals.

Fair.......the investigation of these 5 perps 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't see any way the authorities take this step against public figures without overwhelming evidence

Yip. I suspect charges are soon to follow and if the evidence is legit, the guilty will spend time behind bars. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Guilty of what?  Sexual assault or accessory?  I'm assuming the charges would less than the other guys.  Not saying it's ok and don't deserve consequences, but their case would definitely be handle differently I believe.

I disagree. If you watch a woman get raped and you are friends of the rapist before it happens, you are guilty of the crime, especially if you didn't report it. 

Now, they have to determine if the girl(s) were there willingly, took part and possibly felt shame after and decided to call it sexual assault. That happens as well. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

I disagree. If you watch a woman get raped and you are friends of the rapist before it happens, you are guilty of the crime, especially if you didn't report it. 

Now, they have to determine if the girl(s) were there willingly, took part and possibly felt shame after and decided to call it sexual assault. That happens as well. 

Didn’t one of the players video stuff? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Son of. 

I'd expect Adam is probably on his way to Ontario......that said, I'm sure the families have been a part of the investigation and were aware of this coming. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

I'd expect, after a lengthy investigation, that that has already been established.

• Cheers 1

Well I’m glad we don’t have any Canucks wrapped up in this. 

It’s sure is something to have these teams grant a “leave of absence” when they should have been suspended. 

These accused players ought to be removed from the game until the outcome of this matter and if found guilty, they should be banned.

If this goes to trial, it could take a couple years. We are not going to see a resolution for some time. 

24 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The only thing is hockey Canada already completely overhauled their leadership, and faced criticism from the feds when this story along with the fund for payouts originally came out. 

No doubt there will be another round of public backlash, but what is going to be the next step?

I think it's gonna have to be an actions speak louder than words thing going forward. It took a while for Hockey Canada to cave on their leadership if I remember correctly. 

Replacing figureheads is well and good, but if it's a systemic issue Hockey Canada is going to have to do better at accomplishing systemic change. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I think it's gonna have to be an actions speak louder than words thing going forward. It took a while for Hockey Canada to cave on their leadership if I remember correctly. 

Replacing figureheads is well and good, but if it's a systemic issue Hockey Canada is going to have to do better at accomplishing systemic change. 

As I said, one of my junior buddies is a top three guy in hockey Canada, is one of the main guys who picks the teams and is the main guy who deals with the players.  I can't see him coming out of this unscathed

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 3