[Report] Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube & Cal Foote Charged with Sexual Assault in alleged incident during Hockey Canada event

10 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Make sure you let your kids know now though.. that their dad will likely bail on them if the going gets tough

My kids know I will be there for them. At the same time, I taught my kids not to commit such heinous acts and they know how I feel about such crimes.

• Cheers 1

My ex destroyed a lot of lives by claiming to be raped by her sisters husband at the time. It’s a long story full of lies and deception. At the end of the day she accused him of rape to cover up her indiscretions. She destroyed her sisters family, her relationship with her siblings and life long friendships.after going through that shitshow, I will wait for the verdict before taking sides. Not saying these guys are innocent by any means but they will get their day in court to prove otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Yip. Not to make light of the situation, but one of my kids cheered on Boston in 2011, was a huge Chara fan.....was a tough spring, but still love the kid. 

if it was my kid:

image.gif.f18d4fd647ba96385447551f5ea674bc.gif

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Maybe, maybe not, but it isn't going to do Adam or the Canucks any good for you to speculate and try and draw a connection where there might not be one. Thats the kind of Bullshit media tries to do. If you cant find a connection, then just make one up.

Better off leaving this conversation where it is, rather than giving it legs for no good reason.

Do you think Adam Foote is reading this discussion?  Doubtful.

And it is completely relevant to this discussion because it's not going to stop with these 5 players.  I highly doubt Foote has done anything wrong, but he's a part of it, like it not.

Thus, relevant to the discussion.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Foote wasn't hired until October, but there's no way he either hasn't been interviewed or will be interviewed about what he knew or didnt know.  There aren't many secrets on a hockey team

OK, but if he wasn't the coach at the time, its limited how much, they can interview him for.

No more than they interview all the other coaches that has been involved with players afterwards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

My ex destroyed a lot of lives by claiming to be raped by her sisters husband at the time. It’s a long story full of lies and deception. At the end of the day she accused him of rape to cover up her indiscretions. She destroyed her sisters family, her relationship with her siblings and life long friendships.after going through that shitshow, I will wait for the verdict before taking sides. Not saying these guys are innocent by any means but they will get their day in court to prove otherwise. 

Were there arrests?  A two year investigation (really it was a 4 year investigation)?

12 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

I can't bring myself to that level of empathy. I have known victims of such crimes and can't bring myself to feel anything but disgust for the perpetrators.

I've known perpetrators of such crimes.  Past tense is important as I cooperated fully with police and never spoke with them again.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Yip. Not to make light of the situation, but one of my kids cheered on Boston in 2011, was a huge Chara fan.....was a tough spring, but still love the kid. 

I question your child, you still talking to them and all choices in your parenting that led to such a decision. 

JK..but damn that must have been rough 😉 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

My kids know I will be there for them. At the same time, I taught my kids not to commit such heinous acts and they know how I feel about such crimes.

Everyone teaches their kids not to do these things. But kids make mistakes, its part of being kids. You think Adam Foote taught Cal to do this?

No, there's other influences in life, like peer pressure, alcohol, the ignorance of youth which often includes the failure to see consequences ahead of time. Point is people make mistakes, even good kids do bad things, it doesn't make them bad kids forever, and it sure doesn't make them bad humans for their entire life.

You need to find a way to separate the human being from the action. There's no excuse, and you might never agree or support what someone did, your free to call it disgusting, horrible terrible etc... but to label the person as such is wrong. These boys were acting horrible, terrible and disgusting in that moment, yes, and for that they will pay a heavy price, but they are likely not disgusting horrible people.

Of course there are exceptions to everything i said, because there are people who are truly evil horrible people and they deserve as much hate as folks can send, I just don't think these boys are that type of person.

Just food for thought

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, spook007 said:

OK, but if he wasn't the coach at the time, its limited how much, they can interview him for.

No more than they interview all the other coaches that has been involved with players afterwards.

100% agree, but those coaches don't currently coach in Vancouver, nor were they the parents of one of them.

I agree with your point though and all coaches involved, either during that time, or immediately following should be heavily scrutinized 

Hockey organizations like to keep things in house and under cover, that much is not disputable

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I've known perpetrators of such crimes.  Past tense is important as I cooperated fully with police and never spoke with them again.

It doesn't mean you can't empathize or understand the pain they'll also be feeling.  

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

My guess. 

Hart, Dube, Formention, Comtois, Katchook

👀

I really want to know who the adult involved was. 

Me too; and I think it must adults (with an 's'), but there was that one reported to be arranging things and shepherding people around etc.

There are plenty of adults guilty of at least misconduct in situations such as these, abetters, abiders, arrangers, and assorted other creeps.

Not to mention all of those who thought it best to deny, cover up, shift blame, etc, etc.

Give them all criminal records I say.  They did what they did and do.  Name 'em, blame 'em convict 'em .. all of them.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm on record as not being a Tocchet fan, but the media asking him about Foote is offside.

How come?  They weren't asking what he knew, just how it was going to affect his role as a coach.  As I said, I'd expect he'd be taking a loa to deal with the immediate fallout and support his child.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm on record as not being a Tocchet fan, but the media asking him about Foote is offside.

Agree 100%, Hopefully everyone in the Canucks organization give the media a one word or one sentence response when asked about Adam, and they just stop asking.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

100% agree, but those coaches don't currently coach in Vancouver, nor were they the parents of one of them.

I agree with your point though and all coaches involved, either during that time, or immediately following should be heavily scrutinized 

Hockey organizations like to keep things in house and under cover, that much is not disputable

Of course they do... 

Bad press isn't good for anyone, however if a crime has been committed, they have to come clean.

On a side note, Tocchet was already asked about Foote... exactly as I said 2 hours ago... and these questions is going to continue to come up.

Not because they think Foote has knowledge of anything criminal, but to get an inside lane for a scoop...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

How come?  They weren't asking what he knew, just how it was going to affect his role as a coach.  As I said, I'd expect he'd be taking a loa to deal with the immediate fallout and support his child.

I think that's a personal matter for Foote and that his privacy should respected.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Everyone teaches their kids not to do these things. But kids make mistakes, its part of being kids. You think Adam Foote taught Cal to do this?

No, there's other influences in life, like peer pressure, alcohol, the ignorance of youth which often includes the failure to see consequences ahead of time. Point is people make mistakes, even good kids do bad things, it doesn't make them bad kids forever, and it sure doesn't make them bad humans for their entire life.

You need to find a way to separate the human being from the action. There's no excuse, and you might never agree or support what someone did, your free to call it disgusting, horrible terrible etc... but to label the person as such is wrong. These boys were acting horrible, terrible and disgusting in that moment, yes, and for that they will pay a heavy price, but they are likely not disgusting horrible people.

Of course there are exceptions to everything i said, because there are people who are truly evil horrible people and they deserve as much hate as folks can send, I just don't think these boys are that type of person.

Just food for thought

It's wrong to label a rapist a rapist? 

No, sorry, some things cannot be condoned in any way. I don't care if it was peer pressure, alcohol, or any of the other thousand excuses people drag out in these situations; those young men (not boys) did an unconscionable thing and they deserve to carry that label with them for the rest of their lives.

Just now, StrayDog said:

No, sorry, some things cannot be condoned in any way. I don't care if it was peer pressure, alcohol, or any of the other thousand excuses people drag out in these situations; those young men (not boys) did an unconscionable thing and they deserve to carry that label with them for the rest of their lives.

ok then.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Of course they do... 

Bad press isn't good for anyone, however if a crime has been committed, they have to come clean.

On a side note, Tocchet was already asked about Foote... exactly as I said 2 hours ago... and these questions is going to continue to come up.

Not because they think Foote has knowledge of anything criminal, but to get an inside lane for a scoop...

And there's an air of accountability for the hockey world as well.  As I've said, foote is tangled up in this mess on two fronts, there's going to be questions he's going to have to face up to.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Its wrong of you to take something that isn't so black and white, and make it so simple. I think you do that intentionally so that you don't have to actually try and learn, or understand, or have empathy for others. Maybe a defense mechanism, but I promise you, for everyone involved, from the victim, to the accused, to the family members, to the NHL teams etc... this situation is not black and white, there will be multiple different versions of what happened, with each person seeing their actions and their roles differently, with each person being affected differently and they will all be true. Therefore it will not be so black and white.

People with empathy have the ability to see that.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Different parents are going to react differently to stuff like this.  It's obviously putting them in an unnecessarily tough position, since it's... probably 0% their fault?

We are really only talking about this here because he is the one guy on the Canucks connected to all this.  But it's not enough to really dote over.  Someone just asked Tocchet and he just kinda brushed the question off - as expected.  It was a question worth asking but certainly not one worth following up on.

Until the young man has been convicted, most parents would support their kids...

They may not like the choices they've taken, but they won't just drop their kids, because a woman is accusing them of sexual assault... If the boy told his parents they raped a girl, it might be a different story, but up to now its accusations...

If the boys tells his parent the girl wanted to have sex with all, the parents, while nothing agreeing with it, would hardly dump to fend for himself.

Tocchet of course brushed the question of, as he should, but it could still become a distraction. Hopefully not....after all it's not Adam Foote, who has been accused f anything.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

That's what unconditional love is........without conditions, no matter what.  It doesn't mean you're ok with what they've done, just that you'll still love and support them anyway

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Until the young man has been convicted, most parents would support their kids...

They may not like the choices they've taken, but they won't just drop their kids, because a woman is accusing them of sexual assault... If the boy told his parents they raped a girl, it might be a different story, but up to now its accusations...

If the boys tells his parent the girl wanted to have sex with all, the parents, while nothing agreeing with it, would hardly dump to fend for himself.

Tocchet of course brushed the question of, as he should, but it could still become a distraction. Hopefully not....after all it's not Adam Foote, who has been accused f anything.

Even after conviction a parent should still love and support that child

• Vintage 1